Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Flat Rate Marketing Packages on Limos.com

Default New Flat Rate Marketing Packages on Limos.com

Hey guys,

Pretty exciting news. As has been discussed in a few of our threads, we are now offering a new flat rate pricing plan. The plan is designed to offer operator affiliates an easier and more cost effective program to affiliate with Limos.com. I've covered a few of the key benefits below. I think the thing most of you will like is the effective per-lead cost is ~50% less.

Flat Rate package benefits:
    Broad distribution: High volume of online quotes / leads sourced from the web and our partner sites, like OpenTable & Evite
    Manageable spend: One flat-rate based on market and fleet billed monthly and less than pay-per-lead
    More exposure: Since costs are fixed, you can now expand your service areas, service types offered and vehicle availability to maximize sales opportunities
    Less time to manage: With a fixed monthly spend, you can now be more choosy about which leads to pursue and you no longer need to manage lead credit or refunds

DM me, reply to this thread or call us (800.660.7686) with your interest and we'll explore it further for your account.

Thanks,
    LDC

Blog Entries

LDC called me on this Friday and I spoke to Cory yesterday about this. Sounds like a good plan, but the biggest concern is putting more money into a broken system. Unless I am a cut-throat operator lowballing my prices just to compete with one car ops on LDC, I am at square one with LDC like I was a year ago when I decided to turn my account off for the second time. I asked Cory to work me out a deal so that I can "test" the system, even if only for a couple days, BEFORE dropping thousands of dollars back into LDC's pocket, but of course was shot down. If LDC is not willing to prove the system works, why should we, reputable and licensed/insured companies give you even a penny more of our hard earned money?

Josh,
    I believe Cory has been working with you in good faith to find the right way for you to test the new program. In your last conversation with him, he offered you a 50% discount to trial your performance for a month. From our point-of-view, neither of us will learn much from two days of data. It's better to get more data and adjust as needed to optimize over 30 days. You communicated to Cory that you would respond with terms you thought would make sense. Given this, it seems unfair to say we shot you down.

We're definitely eager to prove the value of the new program to you and other trusted providers. If you're willing to keep engaging with Cory, I'm sure we'll find a good way to started.

LDC

Blog Entries

Not unfair at all, just stating the truth, nothing I didn't state to Cory. The trial period, for as little as it is, could prove the quality vs quantity of leads many operators have complained about in the past that Cory is stating to me is different. I am not looking for a freebie, as I am always willing to test new ways to set us apart from the rest. But if it is the same type of issues as before, just on a bigger/larger scale, then it is not worth it to me. Don't get me wrong, LDC may have a tremendous value to some, and not to others. Unfortunately I may be one of the companies that has not seen any value in it in the past. LDC had/still has a chance to win back an old customer if this new system is worth the expense, I just can't see myself handing over that amount of money, even at 50% off without some kind of trial. If it truly is worth it that is.

Sounds like we both agree...the proof will be in the performance! Give me a good time to reach you and I'll make sure Cory follows up to figure this out.

LDC

The biggest problem I am having right know with LDC is being charged for recorded calls, no one on the other end except a recording having nothing to do with a lead or booking of service. I like the concept, but the results have been disappointing at this point.
    Excalibur Limousine Service

Lincoln TC 85" Stretch - Krystal 85R3
    Lincoln TC 120" Super Stretch - Krystal 120V5
    Lincoln Navigator 140" Stretch - Krystal
    Ford E450 Limo Coach - Krystal KK28

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Same old dance, different dress. From what I read, basically, we will get a lot of more leads, but we shouldn't care if they are quality or not because we are paying a flat rate. Basically - no one can complain anymore and now you spend more time sifting through the garbage. Maybe I am just still scorned from the past. I think they do a wonderful job of marketing - some of the best worldwide, in my opinion - but they just do not listen to their true customer base, the operators.

Quote Originally Posted by skywaves View Post
    The biggest problem I am having right know with LDC is being charged for recorded calls, no one on the other end except a recording having nothing to do with a lead or booking of service. I like the concept, but the results have been disappointing at this point.
    Skywaves - Thanks for voicing your issue. I'll have Omar call you tomorrow.

LDC

I believe anyone who has leads for sale should offer a free trial or at least a money back guarantee that they will be satisfied. You need to make sure your product produces a good ROI and if someone can't guarantee that why would they risk their money? In LDC's case unless they already have the maximum # of advertisers they would have anything to lose and everything to gain by doing a trial for selected operators. If they do already have the maximum # of advertisers in your area they have no reason to want your business.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    Same old dance, different dress. From what I read, basically, we will get a lot of more leads, but we shouldn't care if they are quality or not because we are paying a flat rate. Basically - no one can complain anymore and now you spend more time sifting through the garbage. Maybe I am just still scorned from the past. I think they do a wonderful job of marketing - some of the best worldwide, in my opinion - but they just do not listen to their true customer base, the operators.
    Rich,

I understand your point of view. We've brought a lot of change to the site over the past four years. Obviously there have been some great results but also acknowledge there has been some mistakes. The fact is that we crafted this new program directly in collaboration with our top operators.

It was unanimous that they valued the growth and broad exposure they get from our platform. They also liked that they were able to market customers at both the time of search (via bookings and phone leads) and well after they left the site (via email-based leads). This is a rather unique benefit not found in most marketing program. When a customer finds you on google, clicks on to your site, then leaves...well, they are gone.

Of course, we also worked on defining and addressing the following issues:

1. Budgeting - Lots of exposure is good but too many variables to manage the actual monthly spend; need a predictable budget
    2. Phone vs. Email Leads - Want more phone calls & like the tracking w/ recordings but don't like incremental billing
    3. Cost to manage - Want more time spent selling and not tinkering with service areas, service types and lead credits
    4. Specialty Vehicles - Want online booking for most vehicles but tough to manage availability for "the only pink hummer in new york"

In the end, we proposed packaging the service to hit all of these issues and make it just plain easier to manage. Obviously a key theme here is budgeting so we worked on a flat rate structure because A) it's predictable and B) we can offer lower per-lead pricing because it's easier to manage for us too. So, that's where are now with this new option. At the risk of being redundant, here is how we think it's better:

1. Budgeting - One monthly rate that doesn't change
    2. Phone vs. Email Leads - All-inclusive
    3. Cost to manage - Set service areas and service types and no more lead credit
    4. Specialty Vehicles - Optional for online booking

The shift here is that our service is no longer about how many email leads we can send you and more about how many booking opportunities we can offer. We are helping customers find you via online search, mobile apps, major partner sites and now even offline marketing. And, customers can then book you through us online, direct to you via the phone and direct to you via email leads.

The point of the flat rate is to take the focus away from the cost of an email inquiry vs. phone call and get back to total ROI. In the end, if you aren't making money then won't make sense over the long term for either of us. Not sure if this convinced you that you should try it again but I at least wanted to make our rationale and process transparent.

LDC

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    I believe anyone who has leads for sale should offer a free trial or at least a money back guarantee that they will be satisfied. You need to make sure your product produces a good ROI and if someone can't guarantee that why would they risk their money? In LDC's case unless they already have the maximum # of advertisers they would have anything to lose and everything to gain by doing a trial for selected operators. If they do already have the maximum # of advertisers in your area they have no reason to want your business.
    Brandon,

I like your approach on this one. Frankly, FREE anything is not right for us because we have paying partner providers in nearly every market. I don't see it as fair to our existing providers that have proven the model for themselves.

That said, I would definitely work on a money back type program. We could do the first month greatly reduced and if at the end of that month it failed, then provide a full refund. If it works, pick a fair number and go forward.

Thanks for the great idea!

LDC

Maybe the different reps do things different there. I was offered a free trial and it was enough to get me to start using limos.com again.

Maybe the different reps do things different there. I was offered a free trial and it was enough to get me to start using limos.com again.
    Brandon,

I believe you are referring to back in DEC 2011 when you reactivated. To your point above, we did not have sufficient party bus providers in the Detroit so we didn't have existing providers to protect. So, I guess it would be worth noting that "free" trials would only make sense when launching a new market or fundamentally new service offering.

Also, for the record, are you a Michigan or Michigan State fan?

LDC

In LDC's case unless they already have the maximum # of advertisers they would have anything to lose and everything to gain by doing a trial for selected operators. If they do already have the maximum # of advertisers in your area they have no reason to want your business.
    This is exactly what I was getting at. If you need operators in that area because you don't have any it would only benefit you. I'm a MSU fan.

Yes, totally agree. Especially now since I'm a MSU alum. Go Green!