Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Flat Rate Marketing Packages on Limos.com

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

The problem with LDC is the way they advertise. They are after the cheap cients that want the rock bottom price. With ads like Black car service for cab price. Why would anyone want to pay for leads from a service that is after the cheap people ? Take that $$ and invest it in SEO for your website. Then you will get calls and e mails from clients that want your service. Not the cheapest guy in town.

I called LDC today to inquire about this flat rate. Keith called me back and offered me the flat rate at $500 per month. I averaged out Jan, Feb, and March. (Our busy season in SWFl) I paid LDC an average od $277.41 for the busy months. I'm not going to expand my radius because I don't want anything to do with Hillborough County. (plenty of reasons on this site of why that is). So why would I agree to a flat rate of twice what I already pay in our season? If I had a large fleet with full time employees it might be feasible, but I have 1 Town Car Sedan, and 1 Town Car Limo. Just sounds like a LDC money maker with the same quality that I'm currently getting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast View Post
    The problem with LDC is the way they advertise. They are after the cheap cients that want the rock bottom price. With ads like Black car service for cab price. Why would anyone want to pay for leads from a service that is after the cheap people ? Take that $$ and invest it in SEO for your website. Then you will get calls and e mails from clients that want your service. Not the cheapest guy in town.
    I agree... personally I would look to invest in SEO or various other marketing campaign efforts. Build your business and loyal customer base on your outstanding services and eliminate the need for a middle man. After a year in business and starting from the ground up, we have not used, nor have needed to use an outside lead service and hopefully it stays that way. Even the small guy out there starving for work can find some with other local limo companies... again, by handling other companies customers like they would their own (hopefully they know what quality service is). Brokers do just that... make you broker.

Coming from a family owned trucking company which is still in business after 60 years, I can vouch for what brokers can do to an industry.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LDC View Post
    Brandon,

I believe you are referring to back in DEC 2011 when you reactivated. To your point above, we did not have sufficient party bus providers in the Detroit so we didn't have existing providers to protect. So, I guess it would be worth noting that "free" trials would only make sense when launching a new market or fundamentally new service offering.

Also, for the record, are you a Michigan or Michigan State fan?

LDC
    Isn't this a "fundamentally new service offering?" Frankly, I have lost plenty of money with your system in the past, proven that it is not a good marketing strategy for my company, twice, but am still willing to give you, the business another chance but unfortunately it has to be at MY cost of $1,000 out of my pocket???

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me a third time, I might as well throw my money away. You want a customer out of me, it's your turn to prove your value, not at my expense.

Josh,

I think you've outlined your position rather clearly. Thanks for all your feedback. I'll discuss with Cory what options we can offer.

LDC

I have been a long time advertiser of limos.com. When I first started receiveing leads I think back in 2002 the leads had the email address and IP address of the person that was sending it. Most people even put there phone numbers in the leads and wanted to be called. We used to book alot of work before it was sold and they changed the system. My account is shut down now since I have not booked one job in years.

My rep Andy also emailed to try to get me to try the new program even to charge me 50% off of th monthly rate of $900. Andy has been very helpful in the last year trying to get my account set to book some work and be competitive with my competition.

Some of the promblems are limos.com is advertising that 40% off limousine service. We are offering limousine service not taxi service if you advetise cheap service that is the quality of clients and competition you attract. It is just like advertising in the pennysaver. They also give the leads to too many competitors. Another problem is that in my market they advertise in google ppc for different keywords like "long island limo" they could sometimes have 3 different ads competing with my ad driving up the cost, some of them are rentalimousine.com limosquik.com limos.com. I also have had the same issue with the phone leads that the phone rings and no one was there and I get charged for the lead. The quality in the leads is just not there anymore.

I agree that the quality of the leads is not as good as they once were, however when I do receive a one-click or book after a follow up to a lead, it is not a penny pincher or someone looking for the cheapest guy in town. Although LDC does offer the advertising that you mention, that lead in pricing may not be available in your market, but LDC got them to my profile. If they have never rented limousine before, they may believe that my prices are 40% off. We have also converted many LDC leads in to repeat business.

The amount of operators has dropped considerably in some markets, so the argument that they provide leads to too many operators is not the case anymore. @lillimo, I searched your area and came back with 3. That does not seem like a lot to me. Also, are you saying that you did not receive a one-click for years or you have not booked a reservation with someone who saw your profile on LDC? Who would stay with a system for years if they were not seeing a ROI?

I spoke with Tres yesterday and signed up for the flat rate plus program. We have booked 43 retail/business one-clicks or can confirm that someone saw our profile and booked since Jan 1, 2012. I think people forget about the corporate work that comes through LDC.
    Last edited by Premiere #1 Limousine; April 19th, 2012 at 07:35 AM.
    Jonathan
    Premiere #1 Limousine Service
    2000 Vine St
    Middletown, PA17057
    ph 717-616-8997
    fax 717-616-8415
    jonathans@premiere1limousine.com
    http://www.premiere1limousine.com/
    facebook.com/Premiere1Limousine
    @Premiere1Limo

Default look again

Jonathon,

There are about 17 different options with at least 8 different companies when you do a search from 123 main street in smithtown ny to jfk airport. After searching your area you have about 17 also. I know you are a new advertiser but remember LDC does not care if you book or if you do not. Do the search again LDC nevers just gives results for 3 companies. They used to have a rule with before it was bought that the company had to be within 50 miles, now that rule does not apply since there is a NJ company willing do drive over 55 miles 1 1/2 hour from there base to pick someone up to do a $159.00 airport, tolls alone are $24.00, gas is about $40.00. Remember LDC are in business to make money. We are waiting for them to realize that there new system is just not working. FYI last year they took everyones cityearch listing and put there phone number in it for about a week. You are also talking about the one click reservation I know you said you booked 43 how much money did you have to pay them out of these jobs besides lead price? If you gave in to the flat rate all you are doing is paying double the price for less do the math you will see. I have no problem spending money to make money

Quote Originally Posted by Premiere #1 Limousine View Post
    I agree that the quality of the leads is not as good as they once were, however when I do receive a one-click or book after a follow up to a lead, it is not a penny pincher or someone looking for the cheapest guy in town. Although LDC does offer the advertising that you mention, that lead in pricing may not be available in your market, but LDC got them to my profile. If they have never rented limousine before, they may believe that my prices are 40% off. We have also converted many LDC leads in to repeat business.

The amount of operators has dropped considerably in some markets, so the argument that they provide leads to too many operators is not the case anymore. @lillimo, I searched your area and came back with 3. That does not seem like a lot to me. Also, are you saying that you did not receive a one-click for years or you have not booked a reservation with someone who saw your profile on LDC? Who would stay with a system for years if they were not seeing a ROI?

I spoke with Tres yesterday and signed up for the flat rate plus program. We have booked 43 retail/business one-clicks or can confirm that someone saw our profile and booked since Jan 1, 2012. I think people forget about the corporate work that comes through LDC.

Quote Originally Posted by lilimo View Post
    I have been a long time advertiser of limos.com. When I first started receiveing leads I think back in 2002 the leads had the email address and IP address of the person that was sending it. Most people even put there phone numbers in the leads and wanted to be called. We used to book alot of work before it was sold and they changed the system. My account is shut down now since I have not booked one job in years.

My rep Andy also emailed to try to get me to try the new program even to charge me 50% off of th monthly rate of $900. Andy has been very helpful in the last year trying to get my account set to book some work and be competitive with my competition.

Some of the promblems are limos.com is advertising that 40% off limousine service. We are offering limousine service not taxi service if you advetise cheap service that is the quality of clients and competition you attract. It is just like advertising in the pennysaver. They also give the leads to too many competitors. Another problem is that in my market they advertise in google ppc for different keywords like "long island limo" they could sometimes have 3 different ads competing with my ad driving up the cost, some of them are rentalimousine.com limosquik.com limos.com. I also have had the same issue with the phone leads that the phone rings and no one was there and I get charged for the lead. The quality in the leads is just not there anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilimo View Post
    Jonathon,

There are about 17 different options with at least 8 different companies when you do a search from 123 main street in smithtown ny to jfk airport. After searching your area you have about 17 also. I know you are a new advertiser but remember LDC does not care if you book or if you do not. Do the search again LDC nevers just gives results for 3 companies. They used to have a rule with before it was bought that the company had to be within 50 miles, now that rule does not apply since there is a NJ company willing do drive over 55 miles 1 1/2 hour from there base to pick someone up to do a $159.00 airport, tolls alone are $24.00, gas is about $40.00. Remember LDC are in business to make money. We are waiting for them to realize that there new system is just not working. FYI last year they took everyones cityearch listing and put there phone number in it for about a week. You are also talking about the one click reservation I know you said you booked 43 how much money did you have to pay them out of these jobs besides lead price? If you gave in to the flat rate all you are doing is paying double the price for less do the math you will see. I have no problem spending money to make money
    I did not search with that address and type of transfer, so I was surprised to see 8 operators. Our address is 2000 Vine St, 17057 and I do not see 17 operators. Maybe 17 vehicle options depending on the type of service, but only 2 operators. Q3, Q4 of 2012 we had 6 or 7.

Our vehicles are priced such that the LDC commission amount has no affect on our bottom line. So, to answer your question, nothing. My math is pretty good and LDC can take want they want as long as I continue to make money. It is less expensive for a client to call us direct, but if a client wants to pay more for the convenience of doing it online through LDC, we mark it up as a convenience fee, LDC takes their cut, we make the same as if they called us direct.

I am well aware of the "Citysearch Scandal", old news.

The new system may not work in your market for a number of reasons, but to say it is not working as a whole is not accurate.

We have had our issues with LDC over the years and had 2 accounts until we were able to work them out. When I hear statements like "
    I have not booked one job in years", I have to think, either you are exaggerating to make your point or you never took the time to set up your account correctly. We have put a lot of time into building our flat rates, pictures and videos, which is not an easy thing to do with the way their system is setup.
    Jonathan
    Premiere #1 Limousine Service
    2000 Vine St
    Middletown, PA17057
    ph 717-616-8997
    fax 717-616-8415
    jonathans@premiere1limousine.com
    http://www.premiere1limousine.com/
    facebook.com/Premiere1Limousine
    @Premiere1Limo

Well I received a call today from LDC and we were able to come up with a realistic price for the flat rate. We also have a new manage for Florida and unlike before, it actually seems like they are willing to listen to input. I hope this continues because being a newer company, I would really like to have a better relationship with LDC.