Thread: I'm attempting to make my own website but need help.

Default I'm attempting to make my own website but need help.

I'm in the process of making my website. I have the basic layout and logo set but I'm having trouble with creating content and filling the pages up.

I'm starting out with one white 180" ultra town car. I have almost everything else ready to go but I cant think of anything creative to say on the site.

If you guys have any ideas please post.

edit : And below is the link to the site.
    http://www.PSLimousine.com
    Last edited by slobodan600; April 15th, 2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: link

Answer some of these questiosns I have when I go to your site:

1. Where are you located? Where do you service? Being from the area, I have a rough idea since your area code is 440, but are you close enough to serve me in Akron?

2. What type of vehicles do you have? Can I see them?

3. Why should I choose you over the many other sites that I would have come across before yours in search results? What makes you stand out? What do you offer that others don't?

4. After all the above, if now I'm considering your server, I personally will start looking for credentials for your comany, licensing info, insurance info

5. Also what type of policies do you have, what steps can I expect in making the reservation (do I have pay upfront), How do I finalize payments, what happens if I go over?

As for other content, when you go to do photos, 3 biggest things: 1. Use as LITTLE stock photography as possible. 2. Get quality pictures, there are plenty of people who could exchange photos of it in exchange for service 3. Upload the photos at the final size you will display them (unless godaddy's site builder resizes them for you)

Also consider this for other content, look around at what other people have on their sites. This is always a great resource for IDEAS OF TOPICS. Do not just go rip copy from others or do the "high school term paper" method of just changing every 5th word so it isn't an exact copy. If need be, get someone who is good at copy writing to do it for you. Remember, this will be a full time advertisement to the public of your company image, and for many people the first impression. Take the time to do it right and let people know you are serious about your business.

Another thing to keep in mind in your content is getting keywords to help with searching. There is a delicate balance between getting keywords in there enough to influence, and having them too much that search engines (which are ever eveolving to detect it more) think you are just spamming your page with them. Don't try to stuff everything into as few pages as possible, as you build up content, branch it out more to subpages so you can taget those pages with more specific keywords (airport transfers, prom nights, etc). Use your page Title and Heading properly to get your keywords weighed more with these tags. Example, your home page, your title is wasted with "Home", instead of something like "Limo service for Cleveland Ohio" (I suck at coming up with these off the top of my head, but I think you get the idea) Also as far as your heading, each one is currently set to "Under Construction"

See what text search engines get from your site here: http://www.domaintools.com/seo-brows...mousine.com%2F Also, on that link, notice that you have a link to some Ukraine site near the bottom of your page which is hidden from normal view... have you been hacked already??

When it comes to searching and good terms to target, step outside the industry for ideas. Ask a variety of people "hey, you want a limo for (reason), what would you search for" sometimes it will surprise you what people will search for. Keep in mind that a lot of people are using phones now, and so when they search for "limo service" usually their phone will actually search for something like "limo service near (detected city)" or "Limo service in (detected city)"

Good luck with the site.

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg K View Post
    See what text search engines get from your site here: http://www.domaintools.com/seo-brows...mousine.com%2F Also, on that link, notice that you have a link to some Ukraine site near the bottom of your page which is hidden from normal view... have you been hacked already?

-Greg
    Thank you for all the info.
    How can I find where that link is stored on the site so I can remove it.

Edit: I found the source of that spam link and removed it. It seems to be harmless spam but thank you for pointing it out.
    Last edited by slobodan600; April 16th, 2012 at 08:04 AM.

Metro Chicago - Serving Ohare and Midway Airports

Great stuff Greg K. Thanks, super kool tool.

Metro Chicago - Serving Ohare and Midway Airports

Keyword Relevancy very tough as we all provide service to multiple cities and think that we need to list them in our meta tags.

We've revamped our site several times before, and are currently working through a new construction of it as well, but we spend a lot of time worrying about quality, detailed, and informative content for our site. If you consider the vehicles you service, the areas you service, the different types of services available, you'll be able to go on for days. A lot of Greg K's comments were spot-on, especially with making sure you don't copy content from other sites. Read their content and make the same points, but in your own words. Realize you're going to have visitors ranging from teenagers to the elderly looking for information about your services so make it readable for all. As far as internet marketing and creating content to get your site ranked higher, several key points to running a successful campaign were already hit in previous posts. On an older version of our site, we had a list of the major cities serviced and a page dedicated to each specific city so we were able to tag each city in the meta tags individually. It definitely helped, but can take tedious amounts of time especially if you're servicing a large area. But is a great way to to boost keyword relevancy for the cities you're more frequently servicing and increase your traffic for people looking for service in those areas, just be sure the content for each city page is completely unique. Good luck with the site, look forward to seeing the final product!
    CT Transportation Services - Limousines of Connecticut - Providing town car and limousine services around the tri-state area for over a decade. With luxury limousine services available for milestone events or basic transportation, special occasion limos are available as well as airport transportation in CT for services to JFK, LGA, EWR, and surrounding airports in the area.

I think a blog will help you get indexed quickly too... But just make sure you actually have something relevant to write about and write frequently.
    Rajeev Sharma

Silverline Sedan And Limo
    P: 1.866.613.0391
    F: 1.866.642.3242
    www.silverlinesedanandlimo.com

First you need to understand that building the site is a never ending task I have mine started just like yours in 1995.
    Take a look at it www.hawaii-limo.com

I have invested lots and lot of hours on it and learning SEO and what works and not.

Your site look is clean and is a good starting point, now, create a new page for each of your services.
    Airport Service, Wedding, proms... is very important that you have titles on each page not just "HOME" as I see it.

Build at least 3 additional pages with good titles so Google one day will find you.

Again. visit my site and you will get the idea.

Remember: you have about 5 seconds to show something that grab the attention of the visitor or they will leave.

Mine is: "Free fresh flower leis and chocolate covered macadamia nuts included with every airport transfer"

Let us know when you update it and I can suggest few ways to make the site effective.

Good luck