April 15th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Bus Maintenance Schedule
Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction of a general maintenance schedule for a school bus? Trying to get this written up for the DOT and haven't had much luck finding something to reference.
April 15th, 2012, 10:46 PM
If it's a Ford try www.fleet.ford.com
April 16th, 2012, 06:38 AM
http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regul...px?menukey=396 You can email, if you are looking for forms to use for your inspections.
April 16th, 2012, 08:43 AM
I looked on the ford fleet site, however I dont see anything for Ford Buses. And Jonathan, I have the daily inspection checklist.. Im looking more for a systematic maintenance schedule the DOT requires to be in place.. Something like monthly, 90 days.. yearly.. etc.
April 16th, 2012, 09:15 AM
The DOT does not set a maintenance schedule, because each type of equipment requires a different type of service. The standards below were pulled from 49 CFR, Part 396 "a vehicle must be maintained according to the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended schedule." We perform a Level 5 inspection weekly, inspect our emergency exits every 90 days, State Inspection/Emissions every 6 months and make repairs when found during these inspections. All inspections and repairs made are documented in the vehicles maintenance file.
• A carrier is responsible for ensuring that it properly inspects, repairs, and maintains vehicles
under its control;
• A motor vehicle may not be operated when its mechanical condition is likely to cause an
accident or breakdown;
• Parts and accessories must be in safe operating condition at all times;
• A vehicle must be maintained according to the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended schedule
or an improved schedule based on actual operating conditions; and
• Push out windows, emergency doors, and emergency door marking lights in buses must be
inspected at least every 90 days.