Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Low idle issue

Quote Originally Posted by Signaturelimo View Post
    I recently had a low idle/fluctuations in idle that led to the complete replacement of the intake, and a good cleaning of the EGR valve. I brought it in originally for a intake manifold gasket which I knew was shot. Once it was pulled apart, the intake itself was cracked (cheep plastic). It solved my problem.
    My idle is rock solid, it's just low. So I am hoping it's not a matter of replacing everything. Even the TSB mentioned in this thread is more oriented to a fluctuating idle, which I just have not experienced. The car does't stall either, and launching feels about normal with no hesitation.

New intake manifold on a Town Car yesterday also. There had been some leakage and idle fluctuations. Same fix....

Quote Originally Posted by ausultimate View Post
    New intake manifold on a Town Car yesterday also. There had been some leakage and idle fluctuations. Same fix....
    I am betting that these plastic manifolds are more likely to need replacement on limos than regular cars because of all of the idling that they do. All that heat just building up under the hood while sitting for hours can't be good for the plastic and rubber parts.

This nylon intake manifold was the subject of a class action lawsuit. It has been discussed previously, in depth, in this forum.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service