Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leaving Cincinnati and shutting down the black car service

Quote Originally Posted by kslust View Post
    BTW, No offense to you Junehhan, you were not meant to be attacked, I just hate when people use the economy as an excuse, when in this instance had nothing to do with the economy. In fact, you gave a lot to the forum here and you are going to be missed. God speed in your new venture, if you are ever in the KC area, stop by. Lunch is on me! Take care!
    Yes, that is exactly it as a better alternative simply popped up. I started my limo service after I gave up chasing a few jobs up in Alaska that I was originally looking at. Those jobs became available again and I was given an offer of employment which includes relocation + hotel rooms for a month. Thank you so much for the well wishes. This is happening faster than I anticipated as they need me there quicker than they originally thought. I will spend a month in Anchorage for training and then take my place in Homer, Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    And he is willing to pay for up to 3 items off of the value menu at McDonald's or Taco Bell.
    Hey, McD's value menu saved my ass during the lean times when I didn't have a whole lot of money in reserve. Taco Bell can keep their value menu as I can't stand that stuff. During the lean times a while ago(especially after I got laid off), 2 McChicken and a McValue fry was a good deal for $3.

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    Guys, it is Eeyore, Winnie the Pooh's best friend. Are you surprised at his reaction? I'm not.

Eeyore, I don't even think June ever received his MC number so that he could cross the state line into Kentucky to start the airport side of his business.

June, best of luck. I'm sad to see you leave the CVG area and it is nice to know someone who was doing it right. Good luck on your endeavors in Alaska. Feel free to keep the cold there and away from KC.
    Yup. It has been over 20 frickin weeks and those SOB's have still not processed my application for interstate authority yet. I personally don't give a rats ass anymore due to obvious reasons. I had to drastically change my business plan because our airport is located across the river in Kentucky, and thus that forced me to turn down an overwhelming percentage of business because I legally couldn't service our own frickin airport. According to the chinese calendar, this upcoming winter is supposed to be very harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    Good Luck June! It has been a pleasure getting to know you - godspeed on the travels!
    Same here as it was a pleasure for me to get to know you guys. I probably won't have much of a chance to take pictures, but that is because I don't have much time and will be trying to cover as many miles as possible each day. This is a 4300 mile drive from Cincinnati with most of it being through rural Canada. Because of the spring thaw, i am cringing at the potholes and frost heaves that I will probably need to look out for.
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Homer, Alaska bound! Precision Executive Transportation Services LLCwww.precisiontransportationservices.comEmail: junehhan(at)precisiontransportationservices(dot)co mFind us on Facebook right now!

Blog Entries

See ya Junehhan.
    Don't forget your snow shovel, and good luck up in the Great White North.
    Your appreciation for Fords was refreshing
    Badger State Limousine Service
    "When nothing less than perfection will do"
    (414)-GO-GO-RED (414)-464-6733
    www. BADGERSTATELIMO.com

http://www.Badgerstatelimo.com
    http://www.MILWAUKEEWISCONSINLIMO.com

Quote Originally Posted by MrQ45Limo View Post
    See ya Junehhan.
    Don't forget your snow shovel, and good luck up in the Great White North.
    Your appreciation for Fords was refreshing
    I am a lifelong Ford fanboy and my blood runs Ford blue. Ford was also one of the best investments I ever made as I purchased some common shares when they were hovering near penny stock territory. Unlike my banking stocks, my Ford stock is doing very well. My appreciation of Ford became greater after Alan Mulally took over and saved Ford by taking some big well calculated risks. I am glad because I did not enjoy the direction my favorite car company was going under the leadership of Bill Ford Jr. My love of Ford became even greater when Ford became the ONLY American auto maker who did not need a government hand err.... I mean bailout.
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Homer, Alaska bound! Precision Executive Transportation Services LLCwww.precisiontransportationservices.comEmail: junehhan(at)precisiontransportationservices(dot)co mFind us on Facebook right now!

June,
    You will be missed around here. I enjoyed our lunch and dinner meetings and it was a pleasure dealing with someone who wants to do things the LEGAL way. Drive safe and take good care of yourself.
    Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC
    http://www.dunlaplimo.com

Cincinnati is losing a quality Person & Service . We will also miss the Meatings, Meals , & Friendship. Thank You for being a part of our little group. Be Safe & DON'T be a stranger

Blog Entries

wel it seems you are doing Great in your State and more power to you. I am talking in particular about the South Florida market Miami,Fort Lauderdale etc there is no corporate business down here anymore the local population does not use chauffeured cars as much anymore and the pie is getting smaller, there are only 3-4 large companies who are doing well the rest 200 companies are just barely surviving, thats what I am trying to say, I dont know the market in other States but can tell you first hand about down here

Blog Entries

I am not talking about your State since I dont know how business is up there and I dont live there, I am talking about the area I live in

I don't pay much mind to complainers operating in protected closed markets. To Junehhan, good luck but I have no envy as fun in the sun is more my flavor.
    End the Corruption. Disband the Hillsborough County Public Transportation Commission www.thefita.com

Quote Originally Posted by Party Bus Andy View Post
    June,
    You will be missed around here. I enjoyed our lunch and dinner meetings and it was a pleasure dealing with someone who wants to do things the LEGAL way. Drive safe and take good care of yourself.
    I am going to miss being around. Take care and I wish you the best up in your region.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    Cincinnati is losing a quality Person & Service . We will also miss the Meatings, Meals , & Friendship. Thank You for being a part of our little group. Be Safe & DON'T be a stranger
    Same here. Don't worry as i'll still be lurking around.

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    I don't pay much mind to complainers operating in protected closed markets. To Junehhan, good luck but I have no envy as fun in the sun is more my flavor.
    If fun in the sun is your specialty, then you have a future in Barrow Alaska. During the summer, the sun comes up and does not go down for the next 82 days! Of course there is no market for a limousine service in a city with 2000 people who live a subsistence lifestyle.
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Well guys, I just completed the 4300+ mile drive over 7 straight days and have arrived at my destination. I arrived at Homer, AK yesterday to drop off my stuff at a storage unit that I rented, and just got back to Anchorage where I will spend the next month. The drive was honestly brutal as I have no idea how in the hell Canada can call what they have "roads." Your eyes get very tired because you have to be constantly alert for game ending potholes, chuckholes, frost heaves and dips, as well as massive frost cracks. There were times during my drive on the AL-CAN highway where I went over 4 hours without seeing a single other person on the road. What made the trip more fun is that I got food poisoning from an un-named hotel's hot breakfast while driving the AL-CAN which forced me to stop at every single open facility which at times came once every 100 miles. I even tipped one facility owner $10 CND to compensate him for the punishment I gave his bathroom.

The upside to this is that the scenery was unbelievably gorgeous. You guys havn't seen anything yet as it doesn't get more beautiful than this. The perspective you get on the Canadian rockies by driving the AL-CAN is humbling at best, and frightening at worst. You quickly realize that this is one unbelievably remote place where you will be in serious trouble if you suffer a breakdown or flat tire. I believe I went an entire 2 day stretch where I wasn't even able to get a signal on my cell phone, and much more where I couldn't get a usable signal. Two of the lodges I stayed at in Canada had to generate their own power via a diesel generator as well as utilize well water for the bathrooms.

During the height of my trip, I paid prices for petrol that were as high as $7.50 a gallon. At those prices, I would have expected better roads than I experienced in Canada. After spending so much time, you really start to realize that Canada is a very poor country when you get outside of their populated regions. Their rural parts are much more primitive than the rural parts of America.

Alaska is also one unbelievably beautiful state. This truly is the last American frontier as it is so pristine and remote. The only infuriorating thing are the tourists who get on the 2 lane highways with limited opportunities for passing and decide they want to back up traffic because they are too frickin selfish to pull off the highway. I hear that it gets 10x worse once the tourist season starts up on May 20th and every mainlander decides to head to Alaska in their slowass RV and mobile trailer homes. It really pisses me off how inconsiderate these lookers are because while the highways are narrow, Alaska provides numerous pull-outs for those who just want to slow down and see the sights. Also interesting is that 90 octane is the highest you can get in Alaska considering that much of Alaska is at sea level where the Ecoboost needs 91+ octane for the best performance.
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Blog Entries

Glad you made it safe and sound.

Glad you arrived at your destination safe. Best wishes on your new employment.

Glad to hear you made it Thank God for indoor plumbing I bet , unless you were the owner of that bathroom HA Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by junehhan View Post
    Alaska provides numerous pull-outs for those who just want to slow down and see the sights.
    Sounds like California Highway 1 south through Big Sur; it is a good thing they have so many pull-offs, there'd be a lot more cars off the cliffs! Unbelievably beautiful, too bad California is so screwed up in so many other ways....

BTW, congrats - I have a high school classmate in Kodiak, Alaska who owns a thriving Taxidermy business; from FB it looks like a beautiful state! Be safe, my friend.

I never heard West Virginia and "promised land" mentioned in the same breath, partner.
    Karl Jones