Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible Virus Warning When Visiting Limousines Online.....

I'm curious, for those who consantly monitor their SEO preformance, have any of you that have a ton of backlinks from here noticed any affect on your rankings?

I'm wondering that since not google sees this as a harmful site, and continues to be, how much this could affect the link rep from here for sites.

-Greg
    This space intentionally left blank.

Here's what I got just now, after updating my Google Chrome.

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.c...hrome&hl=en-US
    Thank you,

Dan @ Fusion Limos ~ Closed

I don't get this in IE nor in Opera, but do in Google. Why not?
    Bill Payne
    American Limousine, LLC
    Lake Wylie, SC
    Celebrating 9 years of superior service to the Charlotte, NC market. Serving corporate and individual clients with sedans, vans and limousines.

Most likely that Opera and IE do not check against google's dangerous site list. Firefox (and of course Chrome) do. The problem is still there (do a View->Source and search for flepstudio to verify the issue is still there. (Note, don't try it while viewing this thread, as that term itself is in the messages, so it will always be found in the source of this one)

It is a known issue that for some reason is not being resolved. Make sure you have up to date virus protection when visiting this site, as long as you have decent AV installed, you *should* be ok. (I say should as you never know, virus and virus detection is a cat and mouse game)

-Greg

Coming up on NINE MONTHS that the forum has been hacked. (Lets hope it doesn't give birth and cause more trouble).

The web geek in me wonders what effect this has had on on forum traffic and signups... On the plus side, having the site warning people away keeps newer people from seeing complaints...

I was playing around, and while you can manually come to the site in IE and Opera, there is still the issue that following a link from google results warns you against visiting. (and in doing that test, saw another domain saying they are under new management, listing one of the reasons for buying it as this issue here..)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg K View Post
    Coming up on NINE MONTHS that the forum has been hacked. (Lets hope it doesn't give birth and cause more trouble).The web geek in me wonders what effect this has had on on forum traffic and signups... On the plus side, having the site warning people away keeps newer people from seeing complaints... I was playing around, and while you can manually come to the site in IE and Opera, there is still the issue that following a link from google results warns you against visiting. (and in doing that test, saw another domain saying they are under new management, listing one of the reasons for buying it as this issue here..)
    I know there are several forum members that have stopped visiting as a result of this. How hard would it be to set up a new forum?
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

It would be easier to just fix this one, which is what I hope they finally do.

Actually setting up a forum is easy, getting it to the reputation this one had, the amount of info on here from existing posts, the number of users that interact, that is the long hard task. I don't know how it is doing after these 9 months, but it used to be you could post something on here one day and the next day, or the day after at latest, that post would come up in search results.

I just checked the PageRank for the forum, it is now coming up as 0, nadda... It is a shame.

-Greg
    Last edited by Greg K; January 10th, 2013 at 10:28 AM.

Blog Entries

And the conspiracist in me wonders of all the LDC complaints and use of this forum to show our disgust for their new way of doing business has contributed to the slow death of this forum and dragged feet to get it back up and running. Guess they don't need this forum and it probably proved more harmful than beneficial.

Conspiracy theories are awesome... I always had my theories as to things since soon before all of this, it was mentioned the possible sale of the forums....

But i agree with you... squeaky wheel get the grease, well not when the wheel would be used to run over those with the grease....
    Last edited by Greg K; January 10th, 2013 at 10:53 AM.

They aren't theories if they are true....
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

A I stated many times this forum is a liability that no other Operator would have the guts to attach to their own business.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    A I stated many times this forum is a liability that no other Operator would have the guts to attach to their own business.
    I agree 100%. It's just like online reviews. You can have 10,000 happy customers but the one that leaves a review is going to be the 1 customer that's unhappy.

They should sell the forum. If you talk to them and they are interested let me know a price as I might be interested in purchasing it.

Here's the blocked malware message I received today;
    forum malware attack.jpg

a different one today:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cougars 2 go; October 4th, 2013 at 05:01 PM.

Sorry for the double post:
    Can we move this to another provider? Who maintains this forum?