Thread: I am proud to say that my MKT was a hit today!

Default I am proud to say that my MKT was a hit today!

I took a friend and client out today for lunch at a trendy burger joint and am proud to say that my Lincoln MKT was a total hit. From the moment I utilized the auto parallel park feature to let it park itself on the street, all eyes were glued on it. The Maitre'D of the restaurant even came out and asked me if he could look inside and check it out.

Of the people that were there waiting in line, people were most impressed by just how quickly and accurately the MKT managed to park itself in a VERY tight spot between a car and SUV. They were also super impressed with the 2nd row factory fridge and the HUGE panoramic power vista moonroof. I got questions for about 5 minutes on the various features of the vehicle. Everyone wanted to know how expensive the parallel park option was, and they couldn't believe it when I told them that it is even available on the Ford Focus and Escape as a $400-500 option.

The MKT may be butt ugly, but I think this vehicle is going to please a LOT of clients as more and more fleets make the switch over. People also couldn't believe it when I told them that the FWD 2013's with the 2.0 litre turbo 4 gets upto 28mpg.
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Homer, Alaska bound! Precision Executive Transportation Services LLCwww.precisiontransportationservices.comEmail: junehhan(at)precisiontransportationservices(dot)co mFind us on Facebook right now!

Great !!! I am glad that you were able to get things going after so many setbacks Keep it going June

I like the MKT's looks. Black on black with black tinted windows looks very forward styled, very modern elegance in my opinion. Why don't you have pictures of the exterior (overall shot) on your website? I'd take that MKT anyday over a Lincoln Towncar if given a choice.
    Andrew Armitage
    Vintage Chauffeuring LLC
    Andrew@VintageChauffeuring.com
    www.VintageChauffeuring.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Limos View Post
    I like the MKT's looks. Black on black with black tinted windows looks very forward styled, very modern elegance in my opinion. Why don't you have pictures of the exterior (overall shot) on your website? I'd take that MKT anyday over a Lincoln Towncar if given a choice.
    I decided to side with caution and not put any exterior pictures on the website because the styling is very controversial. I believe that the interior pics speak more about the MKT than the outside picture could because that is what clients will care about at the end of the day. Besides, I never want to potentially have a client decide to book with someone else because they decided that the MKT was ugly. Now the 2013's that just came out look much better in my opinion because the front end is a little more classy and less avant garde.
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Homer, Alaska bound! Precision Executive Transportation Services LLCwww.precisiontransportationservices.comEmail: junehhan(at)precisiontransportationservices(dot)co mFind us on Facebook right now!

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by junehhan View Post
    I Besides, I never want to potentially have a client decide to book with someone else because they decided that the MKT was ugly. Now the 2013's that just came out look much better in my opinion because the front end is a little more classy and less avant garde.
    I truly do not think anyone would NOTbook due to the exterior stylings, but since you brought it up...what would you do if you showed up and the client was irate that it wasn't a towncar? Also, on the other side, do you guarantee they get a MXT - if so, what if you are double-booked or breakdown and need to use a TC to help you out? I really do not think any of it is really a big deal, I'm just curious if you have thought these situations over.

We believe in open book advertising. That way you can reduce surprises

Quote Originally Posted by junehhan View Post
    I took a friend and client out today for lunch at a trendy burger joint and am proud to say that my Lincoln MKT was a total hit. From the moment I utilized the auto parallel park feature to let it park itself on the street, all eyes were glued on it. The Maitre'D of the restaurant even came out and asked me if he could look inside and check it out.

Of the people that were there waiting in line, people were most impressed by just how quickly and accurately the MKT managed to park itself in a VERY tight spot between a car and SUV. They were also super impressed with the 2nd row factory fridge and the HUGE panoramic power vista moonroof. I got questions for about 5 minutes on the various features of the vehicle. Everyone wanted to know how expensive the parallel park option was, and they couldn't believe it when I told them that it is even available on the Ford Focus and Escape as a $400-500 option.

The MKT may be butt ugly, but I think this vehicle is going to please a LOT of clients as more and more fleets make the switch over. People also couldn't believe it when I told them that the FWD 2013's with the 2.0 litre turbo 4 gets upto 28mpg.
    Out of curiosity, why did you choose this model versus the livery model?
    Jonathan
    Premiere #1 Limousine Service
    2000 Vine St
    Middletown, PA17057
    ph 717-616-8997
    fax 717-616-8415
    jonathans@premiere1limousine.com
    http://www.premiere1limousine.com/
    facebook.com/Premiere1Limousine
    @Premiere1Limo

Blog Entries

Just my 2 cents but I'm sure you spent some good coin on that car so why hold back? Put it out there with pride and inform customers, albeit through the drivers (if need be), that what they are riding in could very well be the future replacement vehicle for the industry... that is if they are to even question it. I tip my hat to you for rocking with the MKT.

I think too many people make too much of the aesthetics of the vehicle (even those that think the extra 6" of leg room in the L edition is a big deal)... I'd recommend getting in the car and driving your customers from time to time... provide the best service (set the bar for high standards) and see who complains or turns elsewhere because of the vehicle. All assuming the car is clean inside out and smoke free, I'd be shocked if you heard anything other then good feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Premiere #1 Limousine View Post
    He bought it before the livery model was produced. Many companies have non-livery versions of the MKT.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Tim's right. Now I can't say what each person's reason for doing this is, but there's always that thing about being first.
    Karl Jones

The MKT Livery model holds twice the luggage the Towncar does. To me that is a HUGE benefit. Also has more headroom than the Towncar. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    I truly do not think anyone would NOTbook due to the exterior stylings, but since you brought it up...what would you do if you showed up and the client was irate that it wasn't a towncar? Also, on the other side, do you guarantee they get a MXT - if so, what if you are double-booked or breakdown and need to use a TC to help you out? I really do not think any of it is really a big deal, I'm just curious if you have thought these situations over.
    I think you are right, but I tend to be an overly cautious person when it comes to stuff like this. It is for the same reason why you won't see pictures of me on my site as I don't want to potentially lose a client who notices that i'm asian. We have all heard the stereotypes about asian drivers which are actually pretty true in my experience.

I guarantee the MKT to my clients unless there is a situation out of my control at which point I reserve the right to substitute a LTC or DTS with 10% discount from my affiliates or I upgrade them into an SUV with my affiliates at no extra charge. Since I am a small operation at this time, I probably won't have to worry about accidently double booking a time slot. Pyro is happy to service my clients for hourly charters with his Exec L or Caddy 6 pax, and there is a local affiliate who has DTS and LTC's that I could utilize for local transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Premiere #1 Limousine View Post
    As Tim stated, this is a 2012 which was before Lincoln started making the livery version for our industry. I chose it because I had a lot of trouble finding an Exec L. With the high failure rate for startups in this industry, I also wanted a vehicle that I wouldn't mind keeping if I were to not make it. I also saw having AWD as a HUGE positive, although the problem is that I also had to opt for the twin turbocharged engine. For the 2012's, Lincoln only let you get AWD if you got the Ecoboost v6.

To be honest, I actually don't mind having the Ecoboost as it is one insanely powerful engine. It is capable of going 0-60 in 6 seconds and the amount of torque is stunning. this engine produces peak torque of 355lb-ft at 1500rpms, so that means that you get pinned to the seat once you put the hammer down. I tell myself that the Ecoboost is safer because it makes freeway merging so effortless as you find a spot and let the loud pedal do the rest of the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    The MKT Livery model holds twice the luggage the Towncar does. To me that is a HUGE benefit. Also has more headroom than the Towncar. Nothing to be ashamed of.
    So long as the industry can get around the goofy styling, the MKT is superior to the LTC in everyway. It has a higher riding position, much better driving dynamics, an interior that almost feels cavernous compared to an LTC/DTS/Crysler, and it has a LOT of legroom. There are also a whole plethora of options that you can equip that were never available on the LTC like the auto parallel parking feature, AWD, 2nd row factory fridge, optional 2nd row heated and cooled seats, and one helluva sound system with the optional 14 speak THX II certified DTS neural surround sound system.

Quote Originally Posted by metropro View Post
    Just my 2 cents but I'm sure you spent some good coin on that car so why hold back? Put it out there with pride and inform customers, albeit through the drivers (if need be), that what they are riding in could very well be the future replacement vehicle for the industry... that is if they are to even question it. I tip my hat to you for rocking with the MKT.

I think too many people make too much of the aesthetics of the vehicle (even those that think the extra 6" of leg room in the L edition is a big deal)... I'd recommend getting in the car and driving your customers from time to time... provide the best service (set the bar for high standards) and see who complains or turns elsewhere because of the vehicle. All assuming the car is clean inside out and smoke free, I'd be shocked if you heard anything other then good feedback.

It definately feels pretty good to be the first person to use something in an industry. I can definately boast that I am Cincinnati's first company to utilize the MKT just like I can boast that I am Cincinnati's first and only limo service with carbon neutral fleet operations.

I think you guys are right as I will add some exterior pictures to my webpage soon. BTW, the wheels on the MKT are a total PITA is keep clean. For some reason, the wheel cleaners on the drive through carwashes don't seem to be able to get in between the spokes. The MKT also seems to put out an insane amount of brake dust.
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

The brake dust is because those are organic brake pads. Switch to ceramic and you shouldn't have that problem.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    The brake dust is because those are organic brake pads. Switch to ceramic and you shouldn't have that problem.
    Yes, but don't you have to sacrifice on braking performance and rotor life when switching to ceramic pads? I have always been under the impression that ceramic pads chew up rotors and also don't have as good braking performance.

Either way, I won't be replacing the pads anytime soon if the MKT is like any other Ford vehicle in that the pads wear extremely slowly. My current Ford Focus didn't need a set of pads till 105k miles!
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo