Thread: Buying a phone number/client list

Default Buying a phone number/client list

I have been approached of buying a former competitors client list and phone number. There are about 400 clients on this list and the owner told me over the St Patricks weekend they got 135 voice mails that they didnt respond too. Right not they are averaging about 5 -- 10 calls per day on the phone. The offer includes the client list, the phone number and a blanket email to all of the clients to use my company. $ 5,000 is what he offered me which is way too high in my opinion. I am starting out and would love to have the influx of new clients and trips with the cash flow. What would be a counter offer ? So much per trip for each client that I get the rides from that is new business for me ? Let me know what the board thinks this is really intriguing to me.

Thanks
    Kevin

Who is selling you the list??? Is it the owner or is it A emploiee that is steeling it...

Its the owner of the company and I know him from working for another company.

Then (imo) I would offer 1,000 and a cut off of every booking you you get....

The price would depend on how good the calls are and where they are coming from. Ask him if he will let you answer the calls for 2 weeks to assess the value of the phone #. Does he have a website? Do you get that too?