Thread: California TCP-P

Default California TCP-P

I was just wondering what the actual rule is on using a TCP licensed vehicle for applications other then TCP-P...Btw the way I have a TCP-P permit in california and what someone approached me with is the idea of the following...

I use my TCP-P license as attended to preform legit business. But also to rent out the same vehicle during down times as a rental company more or less.

The only way I could think of possible doing this would be have two separate insurance policies with the same Insurance Company so there would be no confusion. One policy with Livery insurance and the other with what ever the state or local government requires for rental cars.

I know that a TCP license cant be used for personal use or anything really other then what the permit says you can do. but what if I took off my TCP numbers from my SUV in order to rent it out rent it out.

I really don't think this is possible but cause the VIN is still registered with the CPUC. It seems like a good way to get a licensed suspended and or fined.

I dont want to do this but someone asked and i didn't have an answer for him so know I'm looking for the answer. I Found nothing on the CPUC website. Thanks for the help

One of many problems is if your vehicle seats 9 or less including the driver you are required to have livery plates and cant just let anyone drive the vehicle that is not on your list of drivers with the PUC.

And what happens if the person renting the vehicle wrecks it? Or doesn't return it when it is scheduled? Or the leather seat is torn? Or uses it to go fishing and ends up getting stuck in a muddy area or tracks all sorts of mud and fish stink into the vehicle?

These are all very real scenarios I see occurring.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

General Order 157-D

(Specifically 4.09)
    Karl Jones

Tim, LOL.

Wade, the last part was from something that happened recently. A local university and church work together a lot. The church will allow the students to use some of their vehicles. Well, some students took the Suburban out to go fishing and they got it stuck in the mud. After getting it out, both bumper covers were off the vehicle.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

you guys answered exactly how I anticipated. Thanks for the input.