Thread: Dayton Airport police are checking limos

Default Dayton Airport police are checking limos

Airport police are finally checking limousines and party bus at Dayton International Airport ( DAY )

It does my heart good to find out that one of my competitors just got stopped by the Dayton Airport police. He advertises that he is a legal operator and I'm still not sure he is completely legal because he has a history of being dishonest.

Funny how one of his former employees (supposedly disgruntled, LOL) who works for one of my affiliates now, was at the airport and was able to point an officer in the right direction. After a couple minutes he was heard arguing with the cop and I'm waiting to hear if he gets towed or at least ticketed.

If anyone in the Dayton area needs help getting their operation legal I am willing to help them. If they choose to run illegal, be dishonest and mislead people, then I want them caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law!
    Last edited by Party Bus Andy; March 11th, 2012 at 12:10 PM.
    Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC
    http://www.dunlaplimo.com

Blog Entries

I was checked about a week ago, glad I am doing it all legal now too. I just heard about another party bus getting stopped in Dayton over the weekend so it's all starting to get enforced now.

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    I was checked about a week ago, glad I am doing it all legal now too. I just heard about another party bus getting stopped in Dayton over the weekend so it's all starting to get enforced now.
    Out of curiosity, what happens when they check you out? Do you just show them your operating authority letter, insurance Acord form, and your drivers license?
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Homer, Alaska bound! Precision Executive Transportation Services LLCwww.precisiontransportationservices.comEmail: junehhan(at)precisiontransportationservices(dot)co mFind us on Facebook right now!

This may be a "newbie" question, but what is an "Insurance Acord Form", is that just something specific to certain areas??
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Regal Limousine & Transportation
    Kansas City, Missouri

"If you've ever traveled this good,
    Welcome Back!"

Kansas City Limo - Kansas City Airport Transportation

Quote Originally Posted by kslust View Post
    This may be a "newbie" question, but what is an "Insurance Acord Form", is that just something specific to certain areas??
    Ahh, you may not have seen it because normally this stuff is filed directly with the DOT or State PUC office by your insurance agent. It is basically the official insurance form that is used. Here is mine showing betransported.com and our Lunken Municipal Airport(LUK) as added insured.

http://www.precisiontransportationse...recbetrans.pdf
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Homer, Alaska bound! Precision Executive Transportation Services LLCwww.precisiontransportationservices.comEmail: junehhan(at)precisiontransportationservices(dot)co mFind us on Facebook right now!

yeah..... never got one of those pretty forms...... only get them when I do additional insureds. huh, not sure if it's required to have in vehicle here. Interesting though.
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Regal Limousine & Transportation
    Kansas City, Missouri

"If you've ever traveled this good,
    Welcome Back!"

Kansas City Limo - Kansas City Airport Transportation

The reason of this procedure is to ensure customers are being carried safe and sound, that they are insured and that the operators are running their businesses within the law.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by junehhan View Post
    Out of curiosity, what happens when they check you out? Do you just show them your operating authority letter, insurance Acord form, and your drivers license?
    also you must show your medical card. anyone driving any commercial vehicle in the state of Ohio is required to have one. Kslust... you should have the acord in each vehicle, listing that vehicle. this should be standard paperwork from your insurance agent.

Blog Entries

Digger any CDL drivers must have a valid medical card in his/her wallet. Things in WA state will be changing soon as we now have to provide our medical cerificates to the DMV and therefore will not have to carry our medical cards in state anymore.

For the buses also have your local state certificate to operate, USDOT paperwork, accord form is also important nowadays as it shows your limits on insurance.

I do not mind enforcements, as it takes out the bad sheeps.