Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help please, ecb on blast!!!

What can i do about my losses? or about the fact that they refused to pay the transportation costs to return my vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by Trophylimo View Post
    What can i do about my losses? or about the fact that they refused to pay the transportation costs to return my vehicle?
    Sue them. I do not know your laws of your state, but if it was here in California I would small claims sue them which allows up to $10,000. When it comes to jurisdiction the law gives you a couple of options here in CA. You can sue them in their place of business or where the deal went down. Years ago this guy bought a motorhome from our RV sales and was mad and would go around the country filing small claims actions against us. We spent thousands flying to these trials and finally gave up and he got his judgment. I would start with filing in your home jurisdiction, as that is where the warranty lies part of the deal took place and when they come to the courthouse maybe they can drive your car back for you.

Blog Entries

I think your off to a good start, coming on the forum and letting everyone know. There are a lot of eyes on these forums, if they were smart, they would eat the cost to at least transport it back after being fixed properly to save face and a little bad publicity. IMO

1) What does it say in the ECB warranty that they gave you at delivery?
    2) What does it say on their website regarding warranty coverage?

While I don't know the laws in the state that you purchased in, I do know that here you sign that you have received the warranty coverage info at the time of delivery.

I have never known either an OEM or a coachbuilder to pay for downtime. That is normally listed as an exclusion in their warranty documents.
    Rick E.
    City Limousine Sales
    √XTS Livery Sedans√Escalade ESV Livery Package SUV's√Lincoln & Cadillac Limousines & Funeral Coaches by Federal Coach√GMC Professional Grade SUV's & 15 Passenger Vans√Cadillac & Buick Passenger Cars, Crossovers, and SUV's.

~Stupidity might be hereditary, but ignorance should be painful!~

www.citylimosales.com

Josh, i told them i was going to blast them and they didn't seem to care much or maybe they thought i was bluffing.

I didn't even get a warranty packet from ECB.
    Last edited by Trophylimo; March 8th, 2012 at 01:00 PM.

In my opinion, ECB's are the best LOOKING interiors out there. But, I have had more trouble with the one ECB (Lincoln 120) I've got, than any other brand I have ever had. The radio and DVD player quit working (at different times). Replaced them both under warranty. Never have been able to get sound from the DVD player(must be a wiring issue). Touch screen will not operate either one. Coolers not draining properly. One screen is dead half way to the top. Over 3/4 of the lights burnt out. Heat and a/c wiring issues. Rust coming in at top and bottom of long side windows. Bad paint below the side molding on both sides. Long windows leaking. I could go on, but not enough time right now.
    Jerry Thomas

They really are doing a shit job for a supposedly reputable company

Oh crap those pictures were painful to look at. I can't believe they would let anything leave their facility looking like that. I can't believe they would sell something that looks so bad like they didn't have a soul.
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Homer, Alaska bound! Precision Executive Transportation Services LLCwww.precisiontransportationservices.comEmail: junehhan(at)precisiontransportationservices(dot)co mFind us on Facebook right now!

Shaking my head at those pics, Who in their right mind would purchase such an abomination? Those lines don't even begin to line up straight! Trophy why on earth did you take delivery of that vehicle if it looked similar to the ones you posted? I am shocked to see and hear about this ECB has always had a such good reputation, This is a shame because I am about to be in the market for a new 2012 300 very soon and after seeing those pics I will be sure to cross ECB off my list.

My affiliate just bought a 2012 Chrysler from Pinnacle Limo and they did an excellent job.

My affiliate just bought a 2012 Chrysler from Pinnacle Limo and they did an excellent job.
    It won't do you any good but this is a benefit to sticking with QVM/CMC products. I have heard of coachbuilders doing shabby jobs on Lincolns and Lincoln getting involved to help the end user of their product out if the vehicle was a QVM chassis. Chrysler is totally off the hook with this.

It's the coach-builders job to step in and fix the issue though

I just looked at ECB's website to look at the warranty and service area. The very first sentence states, and is underscored, that they do not pay for downtime or lost revenue. I'm sure that you looked into their warranty policies before you made your purchase.
    Rick E.
    City Limousine Sales
    √XTS Livery Sedans√Escalade ESV Livery Package SUV's√Lincoln & Cadillac Limousines & Funeral Coaches by Federal Coach√GMC Professional Grade SUV's & 15 Passenger Vans√Cadillac & Buick Passenger Cars, Crossovers, and SUV's.

~Stupidity might be hereditary, but ignorance should be painful!~

www.citylimosales.com

They could have put that there yesterday, whats your point? There is a reasonable and unreasonable time for repairs. If you purchase a brand new vehicle and can't run it bc the frame is not aligned properly, electrical problems, and may cause safety concerns and it takes them a month to fit you into their schedule to make a repair and then takes another month to make the repairs they said should take a week and then tell you that you must pay to transport the car to their facility if you want the repairs made. F**K THEM. They are crooked as far as I'm concerned. They lie through their teeth, put out a shit product and don't give two shits about their customers. THEY ARE CHEATS!!!

I obviously will not purchase anything from them in the future and strongly urge all of you not to either which sucks for them bc in the past month we have purchased two buses and had they done a good job we would have purchased the buses through them.
    Last edited by Trophylimo; March 8th, 2012 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick E. View Post
    I just looked at ECB's website to look at the warranty and service area. The very first sentence states, and is underscored, that they do not pay for downtime or lost revenue. I'm sure that you looked into their warranty policies before you made your purchase.
    Someone with law experience would have to chime in, but it sounds to me like ECB knowingly put out a defective product that wasn't safe. If this can be proven in court, then wouldn't that completely change the rules of the ball game? Especially with the vehicle coming out looking crooked, they would have known immediately that the vehicle was defective and not safe to drive and yet they delivered the vehicle anyway.
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Homer, Alaska bound! Precision Executive Transportation Services LLCwww.precisiontransportationservices.comEmail: junehhan(at)precisiontransportationservices(dot)co mFind us on Facebook right now!