Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone using efleet services for their software?

WLT, Limo Anywhere and eFleet are not even in the same category. While you are able to integrate eFleet units with dispatch systems (e.g. Limo Anywhere), they are not a direct replacement. At least not for our industry.

eFleet and many other GPS tracking providers offer simple dispatching solutions but they are primarily geared towards field service companies (e.g. HVAC, plumbing, etc.) and their dispatching features are fairly limited. I can be very specific if you'd like. Just let me know.

I know this first hand because we have looked into a number of GPS system integrations over the years.

And just to clarify, DriverAnywhere is a trip management app with GPS tracking being its complimentary add-on. It is not meant to replace a hardwired or even an OBD-II tracker because those units can provide you with a lot of car specific info.

kslust, at the moment we are integrated with InsightGPS by www.mds-inc.com (not to be confused with GPSInsight).

We started out thinking that we would integrate with top X GPS tracking companies in the industry, but this X ended up being 20, which made it impossible for us to implement and maintain.

So instead of us integrating with them, we created a way for those GPS providers to integrate with us and send GPS data into Limo Anywhere.

If you would like, you can reach out to their tech team and tell them to get in touch with us to see about pushing data to us.

Please let me know if you guys have any other questions.

And just as a side note, please don't take my LimoGPS plugs as a sales pitch. Based on what I heard and read, Virtual Fleet Supervisor is a great company to work with - excellent customer service and provides the same type of tracking devices. GPSInsight is also a great company.

Max.
    Limousine Software for Small to Mid-Size Operators. Visit LimoAnywhere.com to request your free demo today!

Max-

Thank you for your kind words. There is certainly enough room for all of us based on the different needs of different operators.

Drew Sheahan
    Virtual Fleet Supervisor provider of quality GPS FLEET TRACKING

Quote Originally Posted by GPSTracking View Post
    Max-

Thank you for your kind words. There is certainly enough room for all of us based on the different needs of different operators.

Drew Sheahan
    I was hoping you would integrate with LimoAnywhere Drew. It would be a big help for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    I was hoping you would integrate with LimoAnywhere Drew. It would be a big help for us.
    Drew:

Feel free to reach out to me personally if you are interested in integrating with us. You can email me at maxp[at]limoanywhere.com.

We can discuss the possibilities and if there is some integration potential, we will let everyone know.

Thanks,
    Max.
    Limousine Software for Small to Mid-Size Operators. Visit LimoAnywhere.com to request your free demo today!

kslust - If you read my post and look at EFleet's attachment, their software does create reservations and you can book online.

wade - I don't have any live experience in day to day "livery" software; however, I have demo'd, compared and researched a few.

The reason I started this thread was to ask feedback from those that have actual, current experience with efleet with the additional hope of feedback.

Thanks for all the info everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by WLT View Post
    BLVD- If you were at the LCT show in Vegas, they were located next to the limo answering service booth, which was in the first aisle of venders in the center of the hall.

I don't mean to impede on anyone, but when you are so stuck on your opinion (e.g. outdated knowledge of what eFleet offers, or you are solely biased or some way affiliated with limoanywhere), I must reveal some facts.

Since I am fairly new to limo software (and of course needs vary), I did a fair amount of research on a few different platforms, more so limoanywhere and CCO. I didn't know about eFleet until the show. eFleet seems to be limoanywhere and virtual fleet supervisor combined, with the addition you can accept credit cards throw a swiper and there is wired in hardware. During my research, I found the price of the plan I wanted (platinum), it is $69/month per vehicle NO SET UP COST unless you want to add the scripted web booker. In comparison to limoanywhere/driver anywhere, driver cannot mess around with the unit (driveranywhere depends on drivers cell phone), engine diagnostics (big plus so owner doesn't have to go out and check around for check engine lights, etc.). Read on...

I am going to make an attachment of the feature side of their flyer, but here is a feature list (see attachment for descriptions):

automatic vehicle location
    automatic hours of service reports
    2-way text messaging
    management reports
    navigation
    dispatch
    eta predictor
    payment processing & loyalty programs
    engine diagnostics
    web booker
    web tracker & observer
    wifi hotspot
    paperless ticketing/barcode scanning
    mobile data terminal warranty
    hardware, software & cellular airtime
    I read it again to see if I can find it, but I couldn't find anywhere about reservations being made (vehicle selections/ payments/ driver selection/ confirmations/ etc...) which is all done on every reservation. In saying that I also went to their website and researched it and still can't find anything about Limousine Reservations. It pretty much just describes how they can "TRACK" your fleet, regardless of what kind of fleet (trucking, limousine, or whatever). All in all I still believe in my first assessment that the 2 don't really compare as they both do what they, and probably both do it very well. P.S. I don't have LimoAnywhere myself, wanting to switch at some point I currently use ULS (ughhhhhh) and as a "fairly" tech savvy person I will say apples to apples in all appearance LimoAnywhere is the best option out there at the moment, and TRUST me when I say that I have and continually do research on them all. Everything from Corporate Car, Odessy, ULS, LimoAnywhere (just to name the large ones) and most in between. The biggest selling point to me on LimoAnywhere is that it is open source for developers to enhance the software!! However, as with any internet based software I don't like the fact that I don't store files locally (ULS does this), I am being very biased though as a former "Hacker" legal and paid for the goverment I am weary of anything that I don't have control over. Just my 2 cents!
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Regal Limousine & Transportation
    Kansas City, Missouri

"If you've ever traveled this good,
    Welcome Back!"

Kansas City Limo - Kansas City Airport Transportation

BTW! As for the engine diagnostics bit, buy a $150 scanner at any autoparts store! Seriously, if your drivers don't have the courtesy to tell you that a "CHECK ENGINE" light is on, then there asses need to be canned! As they are the ones that will continue to drive a vehicle that is overheating and know it! Man those people piss me off!
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Kansas City, Missouri

Welcome Back!"

Not to even mention if this "vehicle" is a DOT vehicle, the drivers are REQUIRED to inform you with the pre-trip inspection.
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Kansas City, Missouri

Welcome Back!"

Quote Originally Posted by WLT View Post
    kslust - If you read my post and look at EFleet's attachment, their software does create reservations and you can book online.

wade - I don't have any live experience in day to day "livery" software; however, I have demo'd, compared and researched a few.

The reason I started this thread was to ask feedback from those that have actual, current experience with efleet with the additional hope of feedback.

Thanks for all the info everyone.
    E-Fleet looks a lot like a package being sold by a company Geotek in the mid-90s using MDTs and their own backbone instead of cellular connectivity. Geotek went out of business in 98 before the PCS revolution had really taken off. If E-Fleet is indeed comparable to the Geotek model it will dispatch, make reservations, and track vehicles. It's an interesting concept and might possibly be a competitor in this market. It looks for sure as if it could be a solution for mid-size truck fleets.

Just to clarify, Limo Anywhere is NOT open source. We have an open API which allows you to build certain external applications and utilities on top of it, but is by no means an open source solution.

As for eFleet reservations. As I mentioned before, they are not designed specifically for limo operators. Their reservation system may work well for field services companies, but not for limo companies. There is no way for eFleet to produce highly specialized reservation forms like a limo software company would.

Quote Originally Posted by LimoAnywhere.com View Post
    Just to clarify, Limo Anywhere is NOT open source. We have an open API which allows you to build certain external applications and utilities on top of it, but is by no means an open source solution.

As for eFleet reservations. As I mentioned before, they are not designed specifically for limo operators. Their reservation system may work well for field services companies, but not for limo companies. There is no way for eFleet to produce highly specialized reservation forms like a limo software company would.
    They are more suited to Taxi type operations that don't take advanced reservations.