Thread: Another site evaluation please

Default Another site evaluation please

There have been several site evaluation request on here lately, and it has got me to thinking about my own site. I have not done anything at all to my site in the last 2-3 years, and I know I need to make some changes. Tell me what you think about the layout, format, content, pics, etc., and what all I need to change. Although we do come up near the top of organic listings for some search terms, there are still some that we are 2 or 3 pages back on. I know absolutely nothing about SEO, so any help you guys can give me (in layman's terms) would be greatly appreciated. And before anyone says anything, yes I am going to put actual pics of my fleet on the fleet page. Like someone else said - I want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly. Give it to me straight, I can take it!

Thanks for everyone's help on this!

www.primetimelimo.net
    Jerry Thomas

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Jerry, I do not know much about the underbelly of websites, but if it matters - I really like it. Looks clean and professional. The only thing I saw was that when you click on "Reservations" the buttons for the rest of the site are gone. Maybe this is done on purpose to "close the deal", just thought if someone accidentally clicked it, it is hard to figure out how to get back (unless you realize you can just click the "back" button). Minor detail, otherwise very nice.
    Last edited by Cedar Mill Limousine; February 27th, 2012 at 08:22 PM.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Rich this is typical if your reservations are hosted by another online server.

Jerry, I ran your website through Hubspot's website grader and emailed the report to you.

Thanks Rich!

Wade, just got it and sent you an email back. I'll look at it tonight. Thanks!
    Jerry Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    Rich this is typical if your reservations are hosted by another online server.
    I saw that they have CCO, although I have no clue how it is set up, Blvd. Limo from KS has CCO and his buttons are on the reservation page. [That is so weird, I copied and pasted a link to BLVD's Reservation page and then when I came back and clicked on it, it said "welcome Jerry Thomas" and has his account info. What is that about?]
    Last edited by Cedar Mill Limousine; February 27th, 2012 at 08:32 PM.
    Rich Rottier

Doesn't sound good.

NO IT DOESN'T! Rich, after you posted that about Tim's site, I went on there to look at it. Since I am a CCO user (and curious), I put in my user name and password to see if it would log me in on his system. It came back user name and password not recognized, so I just closed it out. Just got home from the office, and after seeing this last post, I just went to his site again, and sure enough, I was logged in. I did log out, so it shouldn't be on there anymore. I would love to know how in the hell this happened, and how many other people saw all my info as well!
    Jerry Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by PTLimoNC View Post
    NO IT DOESN'T! Rich, after you posted that about Tim's site, I went on there to look at it. Since I am a CCO user (and curious), I put in my user name and password to see if it would log me in on his system. It came back user name and password not recognized, so I just closed it out. Just got home from the office, and after seeing this last post, I just went to his site again, and sure enough, I was logged in. I did log out, so it shouldn't be on there anymore. I would love to know how in the hell this happened, and how many other people saw all my info as well!
    After I saw that, I came on here and deleted that link and then went back to his site and it didn't say that anymore.
    Rich Rottier

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    After I saw that, I came on here and deleted that link and then went back to his site and it didn't say that anymore.
    The link was up for about 12 minutes.
    Rich Rottier

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    Thanks Rich. Maybe it still showed me logged in because I was using the same desktop that I was logged onto my CCO reservation system on.
    Jerry Thomas

I would try and get real pics for all of the pictures on there and not just your vehicles. Some surfers are smart and they are so used to seeing fake sites that they might automatically lose trust with your site. Besides that it looks great.

Jerry, I think it looks great. Your site appears nicely composed and well laid out; there's lot's of info, but it's all pertinent and in easily digestible bites. I understand what Brandon mentions about your own photos and somewhat agree; maybe it's because we're familiar with your reputation, but I'm not guessing it's the most urgent thing for you to do right away. But certainly something you might consider.

But I like it... good job!
    Karl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    I would try and get real pics for all of the pictures on there and not just your vehicles. Some surfers are smart and they are so used to seeing fake sites that they might automatically lose trust with your site. Besides that it looks great.
    I agree Brandon. Jerry, you have a very attractive site but I feel that your own pictures "humanize" your website. People want to see your actual vehicles and they also want to see who they are doing business with. It makes it so much more personal if potential clients know something about your staff and your operations. I am in the process of putting every single employees photo and first name on our site. People are drawn to sites that offer doing business with a real person and not just a sterile website.