Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SUV stretch questions

Quote Originally Posted by nvthslex View Post
    ^^
    thanks guys... 1 mile = 1.6 kms... 60,000 miles = 100,000 kms

As for the excursion being high maintenance I thought that it was the easiest to maintain compared to the Navigator... not to mention the hummers and caddy.

As long as the excursion can last up to 300,000 miles I will be real happy. They go for about 220 per hour... I unfortunately missed out on rush season for graduation. But saw that people reaaaaalllly shop for the lowest rate, and I mean a $50 difference can be the reason of missing out on a reservation literally.

So the SUV stretch can be a great money maker in my area.

Thanks excaliberlimo, I looked at a few pics and you are right in terms of 05 being that much better in terms of looks.
    I will be placing in a few orders for 05 parts.

Geoff; the stretch is 140" and the owner said he has had 14 people fit very comfortably and had up to 16 people inside. I think in canada most suvs are only 140" but in some areas I have seen 180" 24 passengers.

But I dont think I could turn that in downtown where every street is one lane and one way. I will hit up a few local off road stores to see what they say.

thanks again
    I owned three of these built by Executive. They were the toughest, most bullet proof vehicles that I have ever owned. I am a huge fan of the Ford V10 engine. I wish they still offered the Excursion.

Banned

Alright you guys got me sold on the excursion.

Cant wait to get this project started, thanks again excaliburlimo for clearing that up.

Blog Entries

Well being in Canada you do not have many choices:

216.JPG

This is what i went with cost me $400 with griil, headlights and all new bulbs.

Quote Originally Posted by nvthslex View Post
    Geoff, what was the tire size you went with ?

I think I will just take your recommendation and order.

thanks
    I forget the exact tire size. When I had the BFG AT's I had 35/12.50(I think)/17, but I had some complaints from my new CHP inspector and switched to the Toyos. I think I went slightly smaller because the 35's used to rub a little. I think I went with 325/70/17 and maybe after that to 315/70/17. Talk to the off road gurus and let them know that safety is #1 and you don't want them rubbing or wearing bad because of camber.

My Excursion is a 200" and it has 26 seat belts in the back, but I've always told people 16-18 comfortable. I think the 140's fit about 10 large men comfortable. But it sounds like a nice limo. Good luck.

Also, $220/hr is awesome. I wish we could get that hear in Cali. You talk about clients booking with others over $50/hr. They do it over here for $5/hr sometimes.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

We love our Excursion. Very little work to keep it going. With basic maintenance that truck will last as long as a town car. Plus clients like the full sized rear door, that you don't get with a Hummer. Good luck.

Banned

Thanks again guys, really helpful. Limojess that pic of the excursion is real nice, not to mention the other vehicles in it. Geoff, I went to the off road experts and they are currently looking into it. Only a handful of SUV stretches here. I think our rates remain somewhat high because there is not much competition. Insurance is similar, but parts here are expensive, and gas is over is about $4.25 a gallon. I know one guy customized the interior of his 02 excursion Limo and honestly charges 900-1200 for 3/4 hr weddings. Just our market is different, id say for a party bus you can easily charge $300 an hr, but it does not seem to rent out. The party bus trend hasnt hit us. Wow, really for just $5 an hr you can loose a run to the competition. Elegant limo- never thought an SUV stretch can last as long as a town car. This is really good news!