Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SUV stretch questions

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LIMOJESS View Post
    For a canadian company, it has to be 140" and QVM. Nothing bigger.
    Oops didn't notice he was in Canada.

The QVM 140's are actually worth more money than the larger ones.

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

In our market a 140" would be a waste of money. Most of our calls are for either up to 8 passengers or 18 to 20 so if we didn't have a 20 passenger and only a 14 passenger we would loose out on a large part of our market.

Blog Entries

For many years till 2008 i was only running up to 14 pass limos. After 2008 we got bigger limos and got into the bus business.
    I had three 14 pass limos. They we needed cdls, usdot and so on.

I have 2004 Excursion for 3 years, the only problem is a/c

Blog Entries

It is always the older limos that have one compressor. Most of the 2006 and newer suv limos have dual compresors.

I'm having my AC totally redone on my Excursion right now and ready for the summer. Be careful where you take yours if you decide to do this. I had some guys in Santee totally screw me before. Now that I'm doing it again, I can see that they lied about putting in a new compressor and condenser. Shady, shady, shady, but not cool.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Banned

Im almost done finalizing a deal on an Excursion 2004, built by Executive Coach.
    Has 160 k miles for $20,000. Just before I sign papers does that seem like a decent deal ?

Now for a few questions, for those with lift kits and heavy duty tires, and all the custom stuff to make your suv stretch stand out.
    What companies do you purchase the equipment from ?

I would be more concerned about the lift kits and suspension able to withstand the weight of a stretch suv so would like to get that done
    properly the first time.

thank you

Cant help you out on the suspension stuff, exept to tell ya it's gonna be high maintainance. As for making an Excursion stand out, be sure to upgrade the grille and headlights to the 2005 style, it looks way better, the '04 and older grille and lights look so 90's. You can buy the '05 bumper, filler panel and grille or check out"excursion grille conversion" on ebay for a grille thats modified to work with the earlier model bumper.If you replace the headlights, be sure to get O.E.M., the aftermarket ones are not so good.
    Also, get rid of the 16" wheels, 20's are as big as you can go and still get load rated tires.
    Is 160 kilometers same as 80,000 miles, if so 20 grand is great, if you dont buy it, I will.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by excaliberlimo; June 15th, 2012 at 12:35 PM.

Default Lifted Excursion.

Quote Originally Posted by nvthslex View Post
    Im almost done finalizing a deal on an Excursion 2004, built by Executive Coach.
    Has 160 k miles for $20,000. Just before I sign papers does that seem like a decent deal ?

Now for a few questions, for those with lift kits and heavy duty tires, and all the custom stuff to make your suv stretch stand out.
    What companies do you purchase the equipment from ?

I would be more concerned about the lift kits and suspension able to withstand the weight of a stretch suv so would like to get that done
    properly the first time.

thank you
    How long is your stretch? I'm guessing it's about a 145"(10-12 comfortable). $20,000 sounds like a good deal. I really like Executive Coach.

I'm super happy with my lift on my Excursion. It makes the biggest difference when you see it side by side with another Excursion(even an Escalade or a Hummer). Go to your local off road truck gurus and ask them for their advice and tell them you want to keep safety and drive ability in mind. Having big tires will beat up your power steering motors(no big deal, just a note), and build up your biceps. Also, the tires are expensive and you will go through them much faster. Toyo makes a great tire that are like 10 ply side walls. You definitely want to get some nice chrome rims in a size that will give you good options for safe tires. I like 17"s.

Besides the look of a lifted limo, it drives so much better over driveways(curbs), and steep hills. It's so nice not to scrape concrete like the little limos.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Quote Originally Posted by excaliberlimo View Post
    Cant help you out on the suspension stuff, exept to tell ya it's gonna be high maintainance. As for making an Excursion stand out, be sure to upgrade the grille and headlights to the 2005 style, it looks way better, the '04 and older grille and lights look so 90's. You can buy the '05 bumper, filler panel and grille or check out"excursion grille conversion" on ebay for a grille thats modified to work with the earlier model bumper.If you replace the headlights, be sure to get O.E.M., the aftermarket ones are not so good.
    Also, get rid of the 16" wheels, 20's are as big as you can go and still get load rated tires.
    Is 160 kilometers same as 80,000 miles, if so 20 grand is great, if you dont buy it, I will.
    Good luck.
    160 k miles = 160,000 miles.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Banned

^^
    thanks guys... 1 mile = 1.6 kms... 60,000 miles = 100,000 kms

As for the excursion being high maintenance I thought that it was the easiest to maintain compared to the Navigator... not to mention the hummers and caddy.

As long as the excursion can last up to 300,000 miles I will be real happy. They go for about 220 per hour... I unfortunately missed out on rush season for graduation. But saw that people reaaaaalllly shop for the lowest rate, and I mean a $50 difference can be the reason of missing out on a reservation literally.

So the SUV stretch can be a great money maker in my area.

Thanks excaliberlimo, I looked at a few pics and you are right in terms of 05 being that much better in terms of looks.
    I will be placing in a few orders for 05 parts.

Geoff; the stretch is 140" and the owner said he has had 14 people fit very comfortably and had up to 16 people inside. I think in canada most suvs are only 140" but in some areas I have seen 180" 24 passengers.

But I dont think I could turn that in downtown where every street is one lane and one way. I will hit up a few local off road stores to see what they say.

thanks again

Banned

Geoff, what was the tire size you went with ?

I think I will just take your recommendation and order.

thanks

NVTHSLEX, By high maintainance I meant the lift kit. Excursion itself is damn near bulletproof. I've done both 2005 conversions, the aftermarket one, and courtesy of a deer, the factory conversion. The after market grille is $200, headlights about $150, used, both on ebay. The new 2005 parts were $1300 from the Ford dealer, way less on ebay. You will need a couple of brackets for the O.E.M. parts to match up with a '03 chassis. Any 2005 - 2007 f-250 parts will fit also.
    As for seating capacity, I would say 16 kids in the rear section, but adults, 12 comfortable, squeeze 14.