Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be Transported

Default Be Transported

Anyone sign up for BeTransported which was launched by EmpireCLS? Same concept as LDC, however BeTransported keeps 17.5% of base rate for confirmed bookings only. They charge the cards, so no merchant fees and you only pay the commission if a client books. I signed up today for a trial, just curious if anyone is currently using it.
    Jonathan
    Premiere #1 Limousine Service
    2000 Vine St
    Middletown, PA17057
    ph 717-616-8997
    fax 717-616-8415
    jonathans@premiere1limousine.com
    http://www.premiere1limousine.com/
    facebook.com/Premiere1Limousine
    @Premiere1Limo

Quote Originally Posted by Premiere #1 Limousine View Post
    Anyone sign up for BeTransported which was launched by EmpireCLS? Same concept as LDC, however BeTransported keeps 17.5% of base rate for confirmed bookings only. They charge the cards, so no merchant fees and you only pay the commission if a client books. I signed up today for a trial, just curious if anyone is currently using it.
    Keep in mind that you will have to wait as much as 60 days to get paid.

I had no idea there was a worthwhile alternative to LDC. They only charge a comission on confirmed bookings? That sounds worthwhile as I may give it a spin just to try it out. Just because I havn't started operations due to not having interstate authority doesn't mean I can't do intrastate business. This may be a good way to test it out, especially since my physical location is still being worked on. Thanks for bringing this up!
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Homer, Alaska bound! Precision Executive Transportation Services LLCwww.precisiontransportationservices.comEmail: junehhan(at)precisiontransportationservices(dot)co mFind us on Facebook right now!

Well, I finally got an email back from one of the sales managers at Be Transported. I will be talking with them at 4pm this Thursday, so i'll let you guys know what I think. Their website doesn't seem to have very much information, but so far I like what i'm hearing. I am not too concerned about it taking them 30 days or more to pay me so long as I get paid since I have enough funds to withstand 8-10 months of operating losses as of now. Especially since they handle the billing aspect, that 17.5% isn't even that bad since they assume the risk and pay for their service fees.

While I have an LDC account, I have been hesitant to activate it by loading up $100 worth of credits after what i've experienced so far. I can NEVER get in touch with an operator support representative, their website doesn't even list the Lincoln MKT as I have been told to just list my MKT as a Town Car when I finally did get in touch with an operator support manager, and it is a pita to click out cities in other states(I live in Cincinnati) since I don't have interstate operating authority yet. I've also had a chance to talk with some current and former LDC users in my region who have painted a pretty interesting picture.
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Homer, Alaska bound! Precision Executive Transportation Services LLCwww.precisiontransportationservices.comEmail: junehhan(at)precisiontransportationservices(dot)co mFind us on Facebook right now!

Our profile has been up for a week now, and we have not had any reservations come through. No big deal, since you do not pay unless someone books. We decided to only offer our flat rate airport service for now. BeTransported still has to make some improvements on the vendor side to make it more user friendly. If you do not see your vehicle type or passenger amount, just email your rep and they should be able to add it to the system. They added five for me. The rate upload feature is great. Since they had a large presence at the Vegas show, they have been a little slow getting back to people. I was not at the meeting they held, but I understand they will be partnering with Limo Anywhere.

We still use LDC and have since 2009. It has been a great source of income for us. We went with the new lead structure for a month, since they no longer have you pay for prom and airport leads to see the comparison. We spent 3x as much that month and when I called to shut our account down, they offered the old lead rate back to us for a period TBD.
    Jonathan
    Premiere #1 Limousine Service
    2000 Vine St
    Middletown, PA17057
    ph 717-616-8997
    fax 717-616-8415
    jonathans@premiere1limousine.com
    http://www.premiere1limousine.com/
    facebook.com/Premiere1Limousine
    @Premiere1Limo

I talked with one of their vendor relations associates for an hour today and decided to sign up for their service. They do require that you add them as an addition insured on your policy, so Phil should be taking care of that for me very soon.

Overall, it doesn't sound bad at all. It looks like I might be their first operator to sign up in my operating region, so we'll just have to see how it goes. For those of you guys who are in my region, you might want to take a look as it is usually never a bad thing to get in on something when it is brand new to a region.

I asked Mathew a ton of questions, and I like what I hear so far. Importantly, Empire CLS(the owner of betransported) will not be advertising their own vehicles in this service as it is being kept as a separate entity, so those of you guys in their region won't have to worry about having your fleet crowded out by their fleet.

As for billing, he said that they take care of everything and release the funds to you in 1-2 weeks.

When he talked me through the interface, it is also clean, nice, and simple. Best of all, it works in Internet Explorer which is something LDC doesn't do right now.

According to Mathew, betransported is also not some experiment to see whether this might work. They are going at it all in with full resources as they are going to make a serious attempt at unseating LDC as king in this business. I asked him how serious they are about this, since I have no desire to sign up for something if they are going to pull the cord on it before actually trying. in other words, I wanted to know whether they were going to go at it with their full marketing muscle.

Best of all, no fees for fake or bogus leads as they take a straight 17% commission and handle all of the credit card billing for you. You only get charged when the booking is comfirmed. I know that you eventually get your money back for fake and bogus leads in LDC, but it supposedly takes a while.
    Last edited by junehhan; February 23rd, 2012 at 11:35 PM.
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in with our contact info. If anyone has questions regarding the site feel free to contact us at:

1-855-4BE-VEND (423-8363)
    Info@BeTransported.com

As June mentioned, the pay period is not 60 days. Payment will be received on a weekly basis on the following Friday from the trip's pay period. Pay periods run from Sun - Sat.

Feel free to contact us if you'd like one of our repersentatives to review your account with you to make sure you're set up properly so you can maximize your business opportunities on the site. Keep in mind we are a new company and just launched in December, so we are still building our customer base. If you don't see rides right away, they will come. And as Jonathan mentioned, it doesn't cost you a dime if you don't book anything. Also, as June mentioned, EmpireCLS is a seperate entity and will remain so. But you can expect the same kind of presence within the industry. We are moving full steam ahead with site and will continue to be a great option to add extra business.

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by BeTransported.com; March 30th, 2012 at 08:14 AM.

I just got my approval today. I'm very interested to see how this works out.

Quote Originally Posted by ausultimate View Post
    I just got my approval today. I'm very interested to see how this works out.
    To be honest, it doesn't seem like they are doing much volume. I am the only betransported user here in my region, and I still have not recieved any leads yet. Time will tell whether they will be able to launch a serious attack against limos.com or not. My biggest concern is that they list the Lincoln MKT under SUV's when a shopper for an SUV is usually going to be wanting an actual SUV and not a car like crossover.
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by junehhan View Post
    To be honest, it doesn't seem like they are doing much volume. I am the only betransported user here in my region, and I still have not recieved any leads yet. Time will tell whether they will be able to launch a serious attack against limos.com or not. My biggest concern is that they list the Lincoln MKT under SUV's when a shopper for an SUV is usually going to be wanting an actual SUV and not a car like crossover.
    Good point. I'm going to give them a call on Monday. Being this new, they may be willing to listen to reason on this.

Quote Originally Posted by ausultimate View Post
    Good point. I'm going to give them a call on Monday. Being this new, they may be willing to listen to reason on this.
    I had an in depth conversation with them about how they are classifying the Lincoln MKT. I asked them if they could classify it as a sedan like limos.com does instead of an SUV. They had a conversation with their business and law departments, and the result is that they decided to classify it as an SUV. They originally didn't even have the MKT listed under vehicles until I requested that they add it.
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Blog Entries

I have sent them an email requesting to be a service provider 2 weeks ago and still havent got an answer from them

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    I have sent them an email requesting to be a service provider 2 weeks ago and still havent got an answer from them
    Hey, try this direct contact. He is the vendor relations associate who is directly assigned to my account. I've had numerous phone and email conversations with him, and he has been very prompt in response so far.

Matthew J. Hope
    Vendor Relations Associate
    BeTransported.Net
    225 Meadowlands Parkway
    Secaucus, NJ 07094
    Office: 1-855-432-eight three six three
    Direct: 201-588-two zero seven one
    Matthew(dot.)Hope(at@)BeTransported(dot.)com
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

June you have any luck with betransported.com yet or anyone else for that matter ? Since I am in the same ballpark you are with my permits just about all done and might have to email the contact you posted here since I know they have no one in my area according to there website doing the trips.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Oak Transportation View Post
    June you have any luck with betransported.com yet or anyone else for that matter ? Since I am in the same ballpark you are with my permits just about all done and might have to email the contact you posted here since I know they have no one in my area according to there website doing the trips.

Kevin
    I've gotten nothing with betransported yet. It just doesn't seem like they are doing much volume, if any volume at all in my region around Cincinnati. I have a limos.com account, but have yet to activate it. I just got a call from a limos.com vendor rep who was trying to persuade me to activate it. I may put $100 on it just to give it a whirl and see what happens. Go ahead and email my contact as he will get back to you quickly. If he isn't able to service your region, he'll definately send you to someone who can.

While betransported hasn't sent me anything yet, I have been extremely happy with their service compared to LDC. When I complained about there being no Lincoln MKT in their fleet list, they had one added the next day. LDC however has yet to add the Lincoln MKT yet as they told me to simply list it as a Town Car. With betransported, your account rep is very easy to get hold of either by phone or email. Mathew has responded often within hours of me sending my email, and has returned my phone calls by the next business day. With LDC, my vendor rep for the region is frickin impossible to get hold of and that rep has yet to return any of my messages i've left.
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo