Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new Guy on the block

Default new Guy on the block

Or should I say "new girl on the block".
    I have a 1980 pink cadillac limousine in Melbourne, Australia, check it out guys

www.pinklimohiremelbourne.com.au

Welcome Cool web site Love the car I also love the Hens & Bucks Neat how different country's call things

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Welcome. Once thing that I noticed right away - I had to go all the way to the FAQ page to see how many it holds. If it were me, I would probably mention it in the packages' descriptions. Not a big deal, just something I kept asking myself and then finally found the answer in FAQs. Otherwise, pretty cool - great niche!
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Welcome! It is always nice to see more gals in this industry!
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Homer, Alaska bound! Precision Executive Transportation Services LLCwww.precisiontransportationservices.comEmail: junehhan(at)precisiontransportationservices(dot)co mFind us on Facebook right now!

hi thanks. What do you call bucks and hens?

Pink Limo Hire Melbourne

In the US, I think we just call them guys and gal's for casual, and just men and women for business. If you are really casual, we can also call them guys and girls although more women are offended these days by being referred as a girl.

I thought you folks down in Oz called yourselves blokes and sheilas?
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Homer, Alaska bound! Precision Executive Transportation Services LLCwww.precisiontransportationservices.comEmail: junehhan(at)precisiontransportationservices(dot)co mFind us on Facebook right now!

Quote Originally Posted by junehhan View Post
    In the US, I think we just call them guys and gal's for casual, and just men and women for business. If you are really casual, we can also call them guys and girls although more women are offended these days by being referred as a girl.

I thought you folks down in Oz called yourselves blokes and sheilas?
    He's referring to bachelor and bachelorettes I believe.

Yes "Bachelor" and "Bachelorrettes" is what we call them. In England they call them "Stags" and "Hens".
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Regal Limousine & Transportation
    Kansas City, Missouri

"If you've ever traveled this good,
    Welcome Back!"

Kansas City Limo - Kansas City Airport Transportation

yes I was referring to pre wedding parties for males "Bucks" and females "hens" otherwise we are just men and women.

April

Blog Entries

do you actualy get anu bookings with that Cadilac? I dont mean to be rude or disrespectful, the limo seems like a 1987-90
    Last edited by transporter; January 26th, 2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: spelling

Welcome, the stretch looks amazing ! I am sure you'll book a lot of weddings, proms, and birthdays for it. Good Luck with everything !

To transporter, yes I am insulted by that, why wouldn't I get any bookings, of course I do, It is a 1980 cadillac, anything wrong with that ? Do you have a limousine ?
    To Ceder Limousine, thanks for the tip, it does actually say it seats six at the bottom of the page but I added it at the top as well..
    Thanks partybusdetriot, nice positiveness there, unlike the person above making negative comments.

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Limo Hire Melbourne View Post
    To transporter, yes I am insulted by that, why wouldn't I get any bookings
    I really wouldn't let it get to you, he/she has gotten a reputation here as a "Debbie Downer". Good luck with your business!
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Limo Hire Melbourne View Post
    To transporter, yes I am insulted by that, why wouldn't I get any bookings, of course I do, It is a 1980 cadillac, anything wrong with that ? Do you have a limousine ?
    To Ceder Limousine, thanks for the tip, it does actually say it seats six at the bottom of the page but I added it at the top as well..
    Thanks partybusdetriot, nice positiveness there, unlike the person above making negative comments.

That is what is very unique about this industry, as every market is different. What works in one market may not work in another. That pink Caddy probably wouldn't work in many markets, but you have obviously found a nice niche for it. Finding a niche appears to be what determines whether you will be successful or not.
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Every market is different here in the U S A . Hard to think someone in a differemt country would put your service down. Car looks real nice. The Pink is a big draw I am sure to a lot of customers. Like junehhan , said find your niche and go with it . We have Horse Drawn Carriages , Limousines & Buses . Works great for us to offer so many different options