Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evaluate my site please

Default Evaluate my site please

Just build a very simple web site myself and like to get some opinions. It's my first site and I built it quickly just to have presence on the web.
    Appreciate any comments.

www.edgelimo.com

Looks good , Nothing flashy I like a page that shows fleet with more discreption of each

Thanks Pyro, I'll be making a few changes in the near future.

Remove the phone number from the title. People rarely look for a phone number on the web. Keep the title of the page for important keyword info.

Replace stock photos. Fake web sites often have stock photos. Add actual photos with your city in the background.

Add specials and rates. Incentives.

And most important. Add "CALL TO ACTION" phrases such as "Call xxx now", "Request your free quote online now". Interact with your online viewer.

V.T.

web master of chicago limo web site

Also on your fleet page, I clicked on the top right one, and it blew apart your design, (full size image was behind thumbnails). It did this in IE, FF and Chrome.

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by stretchlimochicago View Post
    Remove the phone number from the title. People rarely look for a phone number on the web. Keep the title of the page for important keyword info.
    Please do not listen to this horrible advice. Not only do pellet look for your number but they do not want to have to seach for it through multiple pages. Not having an easily accessible number will lose you business.

Additionally for seo in Google maps/places its extremely important to have a matching phone number and address in multiple locations on your website to increase "trust and reliability." Make sure you have the same phone number and address on all your directories, pages and marketing.

Please don't take his advice on that subject. It's just plain old stupid. Plus I would not take any advice from someone who is here only to try and spam their link and name in every post. He is wasting his time. There are plenty of seo techniques that are quicker and are actually effective. Link posting in a discussion board is just stupid....
    Last edited by cvclubs; January 22nd, 2012 at 01:13 AM.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

I agree with losing the stock photos and putting up actual photos of your cars in a nice setting.

I disagree with removing your phone number from each and every page. That's contrary to internet advertising 101.
    Andrew Armitage
    Vintage Chauffeuring LLC
    Andrew@VintageChauffeuring.com
    www.VintageChauffeuring.com

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stretchlimochicago View Post
    The second sentence made me chuckle at first, but I think what V.T. is saying that no one really "googles" a phone number. Put the phone number towards the top of the page where people can see it, but I would agree that I do not understand the importance of it on the title line.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Thanks for all the replies. I'm gonna make changes in the near future. It was my first attempt at building a site. I have to take some pictures now and will make changes soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    The second sentence made me chuckle at first, but I think what V.T. is saying that no one really "googles" a phone number. Put the phone number towards the top of the page where people can see it, but I would agree that I do not understand the importance of it on the title line.
    I think he meant that people don't search google for your phone # and its a waste to put it in the title because you could have more important keywords there. Your goal with the title tag is to have someone that will entice someone to click it on google, having your phone # in there doesn't accomplish that. There is a trick to get the phone # in your description and that works just fine for someone to call you directly off a google search without visiting your site.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    I think he meant that people don't search google for your phone # and its a waste to put it in the title because you could have more important keywords there. Your goal with the title tag is to have someone that will entice someone to click it on google, having your phone # in there doesn't accomplish that. There is a trick to get the phone # in your description and that works just fine for someone to call you directly off a google search without visiting your site.
    I thought we were talking about his number in the header of the webpage? As far as Google searches having your number in the h1 tag is pointless. Yes in that case having your number in the description would work but I do not do that.If we were talking about h1 tags I take back my statement.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

Quote Originally Posted by cvclubs View Post
    I thought we were talking about his number in the header of the webpage? As far as Google searches having your number in the h1 tag is pointless. Yes in that case having your number in the description would work but I do not do that.If we were talking about h1 tags I take back my statement.
    He said title, being title tag of the website.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    He said title, being title tag of the website.
    I checked his tags. No phone number. I think he meant title as in the title in the header.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

<title>Edge Limousine 631-707-7222</title>

(just wasn't on the Contact Us page)

-Greg