Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2005 TC. Air suspension light on, compressor not coming on, car sitting very low

Default 2005 TC. Air suspension light on, compressor not coming on, car sitting very low

I jumped the relay terminals and the compressor came on but the bags didn't inflate
    I don't hear any leaks anywhere

I am thinking the signal to open up the solenoids isn't getting there

HELP!!!! Please lol...

My next move is to jack up the back and look at the height sensor arm

Are you sure the switch in the trunk that turns off the system didn't get hit by accident?

I was hoping that is what it was. Nope checked that its definitely turned on

Blog Entries

Might be the computer behind the glove box or the level sensor or the relay itself. Definitley sounds like an electrical issue with the compressor not kicking in. Suncore out of Florida has the best pricing for Air suspension parts, but this sounds like electrical so you are looking at a Ford dealer or salvage yard for parts. The computer behind the glove box and the level sensor, I would check local salvage yards due to the mark-up that most Ford dealers will put on these parts. This could very well be a guessing game for you, so if you have a second Lincoln sitting around try exchanging these parts and see what you come up with. Good luck, I am curious to know what you found out. Did you check the fuse under the hood? also check the level sensor and make sure it didn't come off the mounting bracket.
    Last edited by MrQ45Limo; January 8th, 2012 at 04:22 PM.
    Badger State Limousine Service
    "When nothing less than perfection will do"
    (414)-GO-GO-RED (414)-464-6733
    www. BADGERSTATELIMO.com

http://www.Badgerstatelimo.com
    http://www.MILWAUKEEWISCONSINLIMO.com

Mr Q45,
    You were right. Relay. I had to figure out how to jump the compressor at the Suspension Control Module. Once I did that I realized that the compressor still was not coming on. I then switched the blower relay for my compressor relay and the compressor came on. I had tested the relay according to All data.com and it checked out OK. Guess I should have swapped the relays in the beginning lol.

If anyone else wants to test their compressor, the way to do it is to disconnect the black and the grey connector at the suspension control module (I removed my glovebox to get to it) then ground the Dark Blue/Yellow wire. If the relay and the wiring is good your compressor should come on. However, that will not open the spring solenoids in the back, so your springs won't pump up.

If you want the solenoids in the back springs to open up so air can go in and pump them up, you have to Jump the Brown/Pink & Tan/White wires to the Dark Green/Yellow power wire. Once the car is pumped up you can then remove the jumper and the solenoids should close and the springs should stay up.

Now that my car is pumped up I am curious to see how long it stays up. I'm starting to think what happened is that the compressor relay went bad because the compressor kept coming on to pump up my air springs because they are leaking. I'll see how long it stays up now. Luckily I already have a new set from Arnott sitting in my garage.
    Last edited by J Paul White; January 8th, 2012 at 09:58 PM.

All,
    Yesterday I had a job and my compressor comes on, but the bags don't pump up. My car is sitting very low.

When I got home I disconnected the air suspension module (behind glove box) then:

I jumped the Brown/Pink & Tan/White wires to the Dark Green/Yellow power wire (To open the spring solenoids), then Grounded the Dark Blue/Yellow wire (To start the compressor)

When I jumped the solenoid wires, I heard both solenoids clicking like they opened. Then I jumped the compressor and it started. The left side came up a lil bit (But not fully) and the pass side (Tan/White wire) didn't come up at all.

Any idea what might be bad now? I was gonna leave it hooked up and see how far up the left side would go but since the right side wasn't pumping up I was scared lol.

It could be time to replace the bags. If they are the original bags, they are about 8 years old. I have had to replace bags that were only 4 years old.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    It could be time to replace the bags. If they are the original bags, they are about 8 years old. I have had to replace bags that were only 4 years old.
    It could be the bags but I don't want to replace the bags willy nilly without making sure that is indeed the problem first.

How can I check the spring solenoids to see if they are the problem?

Try calling Arnott. They are great.

Compressor comes on, runs for a while then turns off. Air Suspension light comes on.

I tried jumping the solenoids, then jumping the compressor. I hear both solenoids clicking when I jump them, so it looks like they are opening and closing. One additional thing...after jumping the solenoids and jumping the compressor, it appears that the passenger side is not coming up at all, but the drivers side came up some.

I am starting to think that the pass side airbag may have a leak. When I was jumping the solenoids it is possible that I only had the drivers side solenoid open at one point, while the passenger side was closed. And the compressor was running. Somehow the drivers side came up a bit, so if it came up while I had only the drivers side open (And the pass side was closed) that would lead me to believe that the drivers side bag was good, while the pass side was bad.

When I get home I am going to open only the drivers side and see if itll pump up. If it does then that would lead me to believe that side is good.

Then after that I could open up both solenoids and if the drivers side drops then, that would lead me to believe the pass side bag has a hole in it.

Am I on the right track? Is there an easier way to test this out?

Blog Entries

I agree with Steve, call Arnott and just buy two new bags and solinoids, just tackle the entire problem at once and be done with it, you will be much happier knowing that it is all new under there. Nothing worse than fixing it then having to fix it again when the other side decides to go bad. I believe I spent right at 300 for two bags and solinoids, and have not looked at them again since.

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    I agree with Steve, call Arnott and just buy two new bags and solinoids, just tackle the entire problem at once and be done with it, you will be much happier knowing that it is all new under there. Nothing worse than fixing it then having to fix it again when the other side decides to go bad. I believe I spent right at 300 for two bags and solinoids, and have not looked at them again since.
    I already have two extra bags. Just gotta get them put on. You know any links to any good videos/instructions on the subject?

Banned

At this point some people may suggest going to strutmaster or similar.

But best of luck.

(Sorry wasnt of much help)

Quote Originally Posted by nvthslex View Post
    At this point some people may suggest going to strutmaster or similar.

But best of luck.

(Sorry wasnt of much help)
    LOL...Been there done that. Won't do it again

What Strutmasters doesn't tell you is that when you order their springs you MUST order their shocks too. The stock shocks are waaaaay too long and might cause the spring to fall out

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by J Paul White View Post
    LOL...Been there done that. Won't do it again

What Strutmasters doesn't tell you is that when you order their springs you MUST order their shocks too. The stock shocks are waaaaay too long and might cause the spring to fall out
    Really, what do you recommend ?

I was thinking that once my air bags went, I would replace with strutmasters...