Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Minneapolis!!

Default Hello from Minneapolis!!

Just wanted to drop a note and introduce myself! Been lurking for awhile and gathering as much info as I can. We bought a 1996 ford 77 passenger bus about 2 months ago and are getting ready to tear into it. We just secured some storage space today so we hope to start sooner than later. Right now were focusing most of our time getting the business side of things setup, (FEIN, MNEIN, WC quotes, DOT#, etc) Ive seen too many buses on the road with RV plates and just want to make sure we do things right. If were going to make it, were going to make it legit. If we fail, we will fail knowing we went about things the right way, and didnt take un-needed risks.

I want to say a big thanks for all the contributors to the forum thus far. When we were getting going, we had planned to hire our PT chauffeurs as independent contractors. After looking through all the information on this board, we learned that is not the way to go. Thats one of the many things that have helped me this far in the journey. We are finishing up our business plan, and hope to have everything up and running by late spring/early summer.

Thanks again, I hope to learn a lot more going forward, and feel free to throw any tips regarding getting the business side of things all lined up.

-Dylan

Dylan, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on things. Good luck in you new venture.
    Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC
    http://www.dunlaplimo.com

Welcome to the forum and stay warm!

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Welcome, the most important advice I can give is to make sure you have enough start-up capital and/or another job to provide personal income to get you through the first few rough years. Good luck!
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Welcome, where are you located out of? i am out of Mpls also.

www.halfpricepartybus.com

Thanks for the replies guys. My partner and I have both invested a decent amount of capital into our business account to start with. As of right now, we are both working full time as well. Again, were not looking for some get rich quick scheme, just looking to try something fun. We are both committed and realistic and I think that alone will help in the long run.

Ink... we are located in the cities as well. We have our storage located in Bloomington...

Blog Entries

Welcome Neighbor. Sorry about those Vikings this year, who knows, next year they might be in the playoffs and Green Bay might be sitting at home watching. If you need any help from across the border here in the Badger State let us know.
    Badger State Limousine Service
    "When nothing less than perfection will do"
    (414)-GO-GO-RED (414)-464-6733
    www. BADGERSTATELIMO.com

http://www.Badgerstatelimo.com
    http://www.MILWAUKEEWISCONSINLIMO.com

Welcome! One can definitely find out much needed info on this forum.
    "Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right", Henry
    Ford

Welcome, Glad to see a newbe that wants to do things right from the start. GOOD LUCK

if you have any questions feel free to give me a call, my buses are currently stored in IGH but i live in richfield. my number is 651-210-9920.

Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by inksane View Post
    if you have any questions feel free to give me a call, my buses are currently stored in IGH but i live in richfield. my number is 651-210-9920.

Kyle

Small world! I live in Richfield myself. I appreciate you offering your brain.. My buddy and I will probably take you up on the offer soon!

Thanks again

sounds good man, hit me up anytime. you should post pictures of your progress.

Kyle

How is the build coming along?

Kyle

Weird.. I wonder why I never got any notification about your comment. Didn't mean to leave it hanging for so long.

We have been quite busy lately, getting close to finally being done. Its tough finding time to really hunker down and get work done when all 3 of us work full time. Looking to wrap up the build in the next 3-4 weeks... Heres a couple pics I was able to find on my laptop here..

bus.jpgbus2.jpg
    Dylan Corbett
    612.568.PLAT (7528)
    Platinum Transportation Services, LLC
    DylanC@MSPpartybus.com
    Minneapolis Party Bus

Bus is looking good. looks like it is starting to come together nicely.

Kyle