Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Android Application for Chauffers (Greeter Sign)

Default Android Application for Chauffers (Greeter Sign)

Recently I deployed Android Tablets in all of my cars for use by the passengers and chauffeurs. In saying that I have been using "Droid Light" available through the app store for free as the Airport Greeter Sign, however I want to jazz it up (adding my logo, or an affiliates logo, or even a companies logo that I have contracts for. While creating it though I realized that others like yourselves may be interested in having it as well. So........ I am asking for everyones input on the app. Please give suggestions and let me know your concerns.

GREETERPREVIEW.jpg

Here is what I have so far!

MAKE A SIMPLE ANDROID APP. SIMILAR TO THE DROID LIGHT FOR THE NAME SIGN, WILL BE FOR CHAUFFEURS IN THE LIMOUSINE INDUSTRY. REQUIREMENTS WILL BE AS FOLLOWED.

NAME SIGN FOR GREETING PASSENGERS AT THE AIRPORT. I LIKE HOW THE “DROID LIGHT” ONE WORKS AS THE FONT SIZE ADJUSTS ACCORDINGLY TO THE LENGTH OF LETTERS. HOWEVER THIS IS THE DIFFERENCES, I WANT THE FOLLOWING HIERCHY I HAVE INCLUDED SOME SCREEN SHOTS TO WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO HAPPEN SCREEN BY SCREEN
    FIGURE 1 – I WANT THIS DROP DOWN TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING SELECTIONS
    FIGURE 2 – I WANT THE DROP DOWN TO INCLUDE THE FILES BASED UPON THE SELECTION IN FIGURE 1 DROP DOWN
    AFTER USER TAPS PREVIEW SCREEN, IT WILL BRING TO THE FULL SCREEN (LANDSCAPE DISPLAY)
    REGALLIVEAPPSCREEN.jpg

IF USER DOUBLE TAPS GREETER SCREEN I WANT A BILLBOARD TO DISPLAY (USER WILL BE ABLE TO DEFINE SETTINGS IN THE USER MENU)
    BILLBOARD.jpg
    The system settings should have the following which is accessed from main screen via gear:

Blank Sign Settings
    • Background Color (ROYGBIV)
    • Text Color (ROYGBIV)
    Company Sign File (user defined/editable)
    http://www.regalride.com/TABLET/REGALRIDE.jpg (default)

Affiliate Sign Server (user defined/editable)

http://www. (default)

Businesses Sign Server (user defined/editable)

http://www. (default)

Greeter Sign Billboard Toggle (double tap on greeter sign)

http://www.regalride.com/TABLET/BILLBOARD.jpg (default)

Update Now Button
    (Available only during active internet connection)
    I want it to connect to the servers and download all background images to local device, so it can be used without having an active internet connection

Reset To Default

In here I want it to reset all settings to default and delete all images that were downloaded
    About
    Version 1.0

Copyright, Regal Limousine & Transportation, LLC
    6909 N. Fisk Ave.
    Kansas City, MO 64151
    816-584-0057
    http://www.regalride.com
    admin@regalride.com

For Support Please Contact:
    admin@regalride.com
    Last edited by kslust; December 9th, 2011 at 04:46 PM.
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Regal Limousine & Transportation
    Kansas City, Missouri

"If you've ever traveled this good,
    Welcome Back!"

Kansas City Limo - Kansas City Airport Transportation

ICON - ICON.jpg
    Also, as you may or may not notice the ICON for the app kinda sucks, so yeah....... Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!!!!
    Last edited by kslust; December 9th, 2011 at 04:59 PM.
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Kansas City, Missouri

Welcome Back!"

It sucks. I wouldn't take even take money to use this application. It will probably download a virus to my tablet if I install it. What details are you going to be tracking from my tablet?

Oh, yeah....by the way, thanks for helping me with that trip last night! Booked the stretch for tomorrow night. See you out on the roads.

*Note: Extreme sarcasm was intended for the first paragraph.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Thanks for posting that as I have been curious myself. I have decided that I will utilize either a 10 inch Motorola Zoom or Vizio Tablet when I begin operations on Jan 2nd and stuff like this is the reason why I decided on it. Having a tablet would also make life much easier with newspaper subscriptions as well so that I wouldn't have to worry about getting a bunch of papers delivered. I will provide the Wall Street Journal via tablet and any other newspaper as requested since I hear you can buy per issue.
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Homer, Alaska bound! Precision Executive Transportation Services LLCwww.precisiontransportationservices.comEmail: junehhan(at)precisiontransportationservices(dot)co mFind us on Facebook right now!

Banned
    9626 E Arkansas place Denver Colorado 80247

Do you have to pay money to use that app?

I currently have the Toshiba Thrives (A bit thicker than the rest), but I like the charge feature as it doesn't use Micro/Mini USB to charge. It actually uses something similar to the ones for laptops..... In saying that though the charge rate is so much faster, I can have it fully charged in an hour (30 Watts) vice 8-10 hours. I would defineately recomend the 10" screens as though they are bigger and bulkier, but given to the passengers and currently using the WIFI hotspot on my phone, the passengers have been very appreciative and love the whole "GOING GREEN" movement.... Not really my intention, but I'll ride that wave. I just want to provide the best for my clients and if I can save a buck in process.... ummmmmm........ NEED I SAY MORE???
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Kansas City, Missouri

Welcome Back!"

Quote Originally Posted by karim101 View Post
    do you have to pay money to use that app?
    it'll be free!
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Kansas City, Missouri

Welcome Back!"

Quote Originally Posted by kslust View Post
    I currently have the Toshiba Thrives (A bit thicker than the rest), but I like the charge feature as it doesn't use Micro/Mini USB to charge. It actually uses something similar to the ones for laptops..... In saying that though the charge rate is so much faster, I can have it fully charged in an hour (30 Watts) vice 8-10 hours. I would defineately recomend the 10" screens as though they are bigger and bulkier, but given to the passengers and currently using the WIFI hotspot on my phone, the passengers have been very appreciative and love the whole "GOING GREEN" movement.... Not really my intention, but I'll ride that wave. I just want to provide the best for my clients and if I can save a buck in process.... ummmmmm........ NEED I SAY MORE???
    If doing something like this helps you save money, simplifies operations, and gives you a passively green image, then it sounds like a good deal. The saving money and simplifying of things alone is what has made me decide to use a tablet, but having a passively green image is even better. I will still torn between the 10 inch Motorola Zoom or Vizio tablets, but i'll have to go and give this Toshiba Thrive a look based on what you are saying about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kslust View Post
    it'll be free!
    Now I like that! What I am finding out is that nothing in this industry comes free or without a constantly recurring charge. I especially like how your app will allow me to load my own logo easily.
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Homer, Alaska bound! Precision Executive Transportation Services LLCwww.precisiontransportationservices.comEmail: junehhan(at)precisiontransportationservices(dot)co mFind us on Facebook right now!

Plus they do have car chargers for the Thrive made by pwr plus you can find them on ebay sold by manufacturer just look up "Toshiba Thrive Car Charger"
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Kansas City, Missouri

Welcome Back!"

I will take everyone's silence as no input. I guess I can take that 2 different ways.

1) Nobody Cares because nobody's gonna use it anyways (or)

2) My design is already perfect and nobody has any idea on how to make it better.

I'll happily take #2 (makes me feel better, lol!). So in saying that, I am now going to develop it (no turning back now). Hopefully within the next few days, I will have it up and running, again, if you have ANY ideas, please let me know your thoughts. I will let everyone know when it is available for download on the marketplace..

P.s. It will only work on the ANDROID platform and maybe just Honeycomb 3.0 and up versions (haven't tested it yet). it costs only a one time $25 to get an android developer license, where as a $100 annual Itunes developer account. So yeah, I dont think i will go out of pocket for that one, as I don't have any IPADS nor will I. Plus there is a pretty good app already available for the IPAD (LimoPad). Thanks!
    Last edited by kslust; December 11th, 2011 at 11:45 AM.
    Very Respectfully,

Karl S. Lust

Kansas City, Missouri

Welcome Back!"

Looking forward to seeing the finished product!!
    Excalibur Limousine Service

Lincoln TC 85" Stretch - Krystal 85R3
    Lincoln TC 120" Super Stretch - Krystal 120V5
    Lincoln Navigator 140" Stretch - Krystal
    Ford E450 Limo Coach - Krystal KK28

Way above my pay scale, but go for it if thats your forte.

Dick Hall (Army)

Quote Originally Posted by skywaves View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the finished product!!
    Same here. I can't wait to see it and give it a try. I have narrowed my search down to a Motorola Zoom or Vizio 10 inch tablet. The zoom looks more professional, but the Vizio is really nice for the price. Both utilize Android I believe.
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Banned

I was actually just searching the market place a few hours ago for a greeting sign app. It sounds like you already have a good design. I'll be waiting to see the final product. We use Limo Anywhere and Driver Anywhere for our reservation system. In Driver Anywhere you can bring up the greeting sign for display. The draw back is it only reads off the reservation system so you can not edit sign or add a logo.

Gary are you using an ipad? If you are there is already a good free app for the airport sign.