Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from New Operator in Norther Alberta Canada - Great Site !

Thank-you, Sir. Yes, it's a tough decision for me. I'm entertaining the thought of keeping this one and buying a second as well... but that would stretch me and I really don't know the market. Part of me wants to go for broke and give it a run for it's money.

It seems currently that the stretch Excursions in Ontario are cheaper than Alberta by alot. Is this usual, or just random chance? I hate the idea of driving 3500kms, but to save a ton of money...

Anyone know if this is a trend?

Thanks all!
    Lomousine1.ca
    Lac La Biche, Alberta Canada
    780-623-3157 or 780-520-LIMO

New Operation Sept 2011
    2006 6pax Lincoln Town Car

Here is the biggest problem with any vehicle from eastern canada and the states, salt and rust. It doesn't matter how cheap it is if you are going to have to repair and/or repaint as the rust progresses.
    Excalibur Limousine Service

Lincoln TC 85" Stretch - Krystal 85R3
    Lincoln TC 120" Super Stretch - Krystal 120V5
    Lincoln Navigator 140" Stretch - Krystal
    Ford E450 Limo Coach - Krystal KK28

It's been a while... and I've been actively applying for loans and looking at units - no choice yet, but I wanted to thank-you for your advice.

I didn't touch this one. My bodyshop guy said "metal shouldn't crack". Maybe they use some composite in the roof, but... I see better prices out there without cracks.

I appreciate your advice / help.
    Lomousine1.ca

New Operation Sept 2011

> Here is the biggest problem with any vehicle from eastern canada and the states, salt and rust. It doesn't matter how cheap it is if you are going to have to repair and/or repaint as the rust progresses.

Where is the best place to look? I have financing in place now and believe in the need for a larger unit. I am told Excursions are a good choice... any more free advice for someone with barely wet feet?
    Lomousine1.ca

New Operation Sept 2011

Ebay, craigslist, limosforsale.com . All good place to start and get an idea of what you are looking at spending. All remember, they are trying to sell for the highest price while you are trying to buy for the lowest. Know the features you are looking for, and if purchasing from the states they must be QVM certified ( nothing longer than 140" ). Go to www.riv.ca for a complete list of acceptable vehicles.
    Excalibur Limousine Service

Lincoln TC 85" Stretch - Krystal 85R3
    Lincoln TC 120" Super Stretch - Krystal 120V5
    Lincoln Navigator 140" Stretch - Krystal
    Ford E450 Limo Coach - Krystal KK28

Quote Originally Posted by skywaves View Post
    Ebay, craigslist, limosforsale.com . All good place to start and get an idea of what you are looking at spending. All remember, they are trying to sell for the highest price while you are trying to buy for the lowest. Know the features you are looking for, and if purchasing from the states they must be QVM certified ( nothing longer than 140" ). Go to www.riv.ca for a complete list of acceptable vehicles.
    Thank-you. I did not know about the riv site. I'm not sure I would have considered importing before, but I will familiarize myself with the process and consider it. I'm looking for a good unit and am not in any hurry.

Thank-you.
    Lomousine1.ca

New Operation Sept 2011