Thread: Just The Facts

TLPA Directors (Taxi Heads)
    4 in Florida - no surprise
    1 out of Houston - well,well

Much more to come...........

The TLPA is like a rabbit, we keep growing and growing. Guy from Tampa 1-21-02

It's time for some rabbit stew! Gunny 4-21-05
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Is It A Coincidence:

That of the 36 TLPA Board Members only one has "Limousine" attached to the name?

That 2 of the 4 largest population States in the Nation has no State regulatory measures in place for VFHs?

That 4 TLPA Board Members roots are in Florida whereas one of these members vehemently opposed the Florida Livery Associations push for a State registration years ago. Another Board Member controls large taxi markets in the state & has as a partner the Board Member of a Local Limo Association & maybe more?

That combined with NLA Board Members, there are 7 National Association Leaders in the State of Florida with no support to have a State Registration of all VFHs & Drivers to help ensure public safety of all transportation users & protect limo ops from expensive multiple permitting by extortionist local agencies & politicians receiving big bucks from the Taxi Barons?

That a TLPA Board Member is from the Houston area?

That there is now on the table a proposed 60% minimum rate hike for limo ops in Houston but only 10% for the cabs?

That it seems as though every time limo ops must fight unjust regulation the word "Taxi" is attached?

Yeah Guy from Tampa. Just like rabbits the Limo Ops fell into the trap laid out by the Wolves & it's dinner time!

FREIND OR FOE?

Gunny thanks for equal bashing of the TLPA. Many years have gone by with this organization not being held accountable for their actions, and many subscribers on this forum rallying for its existence. The question here is not one of renewal,but one of why are they even listed on this forum as a legitimate organization to represent limousines.

A logical question to you Gunny, if the local & national associations are failing to protect this industry from Taxi Monopolies what can one do as a solution to this no.1 problem?

many subscribers on this forum rallying for its existence.
    Who would those subscribers be? I only know of 1.
    The Redondo Beach School of Numbers
    A graduate with full honors ...

Originally posted by LimoKnight:
    FREIND OR FOE?

Gunny thanks for equal bashing of the TLPA. Many years have gone by with this organization not being held accountable for their actions, and many subscribers on this forum rallying for its existence. The question here is not one of renewal,but one of why are they even listed on this forum as a legitimate organization to represent limousines.

A logical question to you Gunny, if the local & national associations are failing to protect this industry from Taxi Monopolies what can one do as a solution to this no.1 problem?
    First lets put something into proper perspective:
    The Doper post so far has garnered 221 views & 29 replies
    The Houston post 156 views & 5 replies

There may only be one strong vocal supporter for the TLPA. However, based on past post plenty limousine "rabbits" were suckered in.

There is a street fight going on and on one side we have the rough, tough, can't get enough cabbies and on the other the "Suits". I got my money on the cabbies.

The goal of the TLPA invitng limos into the fold was like a telegraphed haymaker coming in for the landing on the chin. The NLA on the other hand are traitors to the cause. Not one meaningful thing that affects the average operator nationally accomplished since its conception accept allowing taxi heads to infiltrate the ranks. Even a taxi owned fleet made LCTs #16 spot last year. Typical "suits", all talk and no walk. Arrogant chins jutting out ready to be "bitch" slapped. The TLPA have made some good moves and I do admire the Taxi Barons for their tenacity and ability to lure the suckers in for the kill. Founded in 1917, "Our mission remains the same today as it was at our conception" is the TLPA mission statement. And limo fools still bought the line!

Belonging to an association means nothing. One just saves a few bucks if he opts out. There is not enough cohesiveness or individual fortitude to mount any meaningful opposition to the problems facing this industry. Just a handful of power hungry egomaniacs leading fools who believe that something righteous will be accomplished because they sent in a check. In the meantime the leaders are sitting in a backroom making deals on how to knockout the next small guy. Until the industry gets off the association mindset and discovers a way to form alliances, one by one, city by city, state by state the suits will succumb to the street fighters.

"While we can't win all the battles, we can at least let them know that when they mess with NLA members they're in for a street fight." Fran Shane, LCT Jul2004
    Tough Talk!

Gunny, Keep your friends close and your enemies closer ! Perhaps you should join up so you will receive the various publications that they send.
    Dean Schuler

Originally posted by Dean Schuler:
    Gunny, Keep your friends close and your enemies closer ! Perhaps you should join up so you will receive the various publications that they send.
    They're to left of me, to the right, behind me and in front of me. They won't get away now!

Dean, I know you're pulling my leg.