Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New and Researching

Default New and Researching

I was on this forum a while back and coming back to research more before I dive head first. Looking to start with a one car Sedan (Lincoln) and go from there....

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Sounds like you have a good plan started...
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Thanks Rich. I work for a company now part time and have been for the past 4-5 years. Some stuff I know..lots I have to learn....

I just started about 6 months ago a 1 stretch limo and a mercedes sedan.If you have any question let me know.

Look at what market area you want to service and go for it. Never failes you will get a call for something you dont have as soon as you get started.

Agree totally with Pyro. Started with a 85" stretch with a max of 8 packed passengers and everything started calling with 10 plus passengers. My advice is research your market, and be prepared to say no to alot of potential clients till you are able to grow into larger vehicles.
    Excalibur Limousine Service

Lincoln TC 85" Stretch - Krystal 85R3
    Lincoln TC 120" Super Stretch - Krystal 120V5
    Lincoln Navigator 140" Stretch - Krystal
    Ford E450 Limo Coach - Krystal KK28

Quote Originally Posted by skywaves View Post
    Agree totally with Pyro. Started with a 85" stretch with a max of 8 packed passengers and everything started calling with 10 plus passengers. My advice is research your market, and be prepared to say no to alot of potential clients till you are able to grow into larger vehicles.
    My theory is never say no! Farm it out if you have to. No reason to have YOUR customer call someone else.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

Quote Originally Posted by cvclubs View Post
    My theory is never say no! Farm it out if you have to. No reason to have YOUR customer call someone else.
    This is great in theory, unless you do not have a quality farm to. Sometimes it is better to say no then to farm it out and they drop the ball. I am surprised you have not come across more of that being that you have had to farm out everything so far.
    Rich Rottier

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    This is great in theory, unless you do not have a quality farm to. Sometimes it is better to say no then to farm it out and they drop the ball. I am surprised you have not come across more of that being that you have had to farm out everything so far.
    I agree, most of the time it's just not worth it.

Are other cities really that bad on farming out? I understand we are much different here than most other places but is it that difficult to find a responsible affiliate who will recpect your clients elsewhere? We have had a few problems but nothing I could not take care of. I guess it hlpes that 95% of our runs are just transfers.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

Are other cities really that bad on farming out? I understand we are much different here than most other places but is it that difficult to find a responsible affiliate who will recpect your clients elsewhere? We have had a few problems but nothing I could not take care of. I guess it hlpes that 95% of our runs are just transfers.
    I have a client that has been with us since June of '08. We started in May of '08. When he signed up with us he said he went through 4 companies in 6 months. He flies out every Monday and arrives every Friday. 2 months a year he doesn't fly for various reasons. I am not saying that we are perfect by any means...but what doesn't add up here? One of the reasons we are growing slowly is because we do turn down a lot. We have 2 other companies we do farm out to, but a lot of times I just refer the client to them and they do the same. It depends on what is going on. I am not saying this works everywhere, but as competitive as you say LV is, I am surprised you get anyone to answer your calls. I am not sure why you would even buy any vehicles if it is as good as you say.
    Rich Rottier

My normal prices are anywhere from $510 to $1350. Thats anywhere from $76 to $202 with 15% commission. Lots of companies are disorganized and unprofessional. My company reputation is on the line and most of the time it's not worth it. Unless they use reservation software and give you access to their calendar you have to call them to check availability. Not to mention that at least 95% of calls aren't from people who are ready to book.

I have a client that has been with us since June of '08. We started in May of '08. When he signed up with us he said he went through 4 companies in 6 months. He flies out every Monday and arrives every Friday. 2 months a year he doesn't fly for various reasons. I am not saying that we are perfect by any means...but what doesn't add up here? One of the reasons we are growing slowly is because we do turn down a lot. We have 2 other companies we do farm out to, but a lot of times I just refer the client to them and they do the same. It depends on what is going on. I am not saying this works everywhere, but as competitive as you say LV is, I am surprised you get anyone to answer your calls. I am not sure why you would even buy any vehicles if it is as good as you say.
    Clarification: for our regular customers such as this we will do whatever we can to make sure they are taken care of, but it is very rare that we are not notified a week in advance of his travels. We only have 2 other clients that fly out every week. The rest of our regulars we do everything we can to take care of them, but I will simply tell them we are booked solid rather then farm out to some yahoo that will be late or show up in sweatpants.
    Rich Rottier

I do farm out airport transfers, but I try not to farm out stretch limo runs any more than I have to. I can give you horror stories
    Jerry Thomas

What do you mean that you are surprised we get anyone to answer orur calls or that you are not sure why we would buy vehicles? A little confused there.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines