Thread: Who is using Square?

Default Who is using Square?

(Didn't want to clog up the real thread....)

Here is a video of someone using square, if he can, anyone can.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRH_HfDyx7g
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRH_HfDyx7g

So true . Hey Greg , did they film that in Columbus ? HA

Nope, heck when I lived in Akron and was a member at an inner city church, talked to one guy who stood out at an off ramp downtown area, said he averaged about $100/day. I had seen him several times too, not one bit pushy, just stands with a sign. So if he's out there only 8 hours a day, by the time you factor in that if that amount was "after taxes" that is around $17/hr to just stand there.

They are paying guys around here like $10/hour to stand out in front of businesses to spin signs all day long to get attention for the business.

Just a note, I actually got one of these (no, not to imitate the video LOL). Fill out the form on their site and a few days later you have the device. Crazy simple, opened package, install app on the phone and 30 seconds later did a test charge to a card. 3 days later, it was in my checking account!

As I don't have an office and usually go to my clients, nice to be able to take it along if need to bill right there for something.

Makes me kind of glad the craziness banks require to open a new account now. Imagine someone setting up a bogus account, they just need 10 seconds access to your card and you just lost some money until you can dispute it.

This is why I prefer the "hassle" of all transactions on my checking account get sent to my phone when they occur.

-Greg

Does square accept American Express?. I have intuit go payment but it doesn't take American Express.

Yes it accepts Amex. I have had a very bad experience with square though. It's posted in the other thread.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

Square accepts Amex, the same rate as other cards. Very good experience here for nearly 3 years with them. I also have other accounts for back-up, never had to use them. had really bad experience once with ProPay though.

I called intuit GoPayment and they hooked up my account to now accept AmEx. I've had nothing but positive experiences with intuit. I had to call them one day with a question and their customer service was superb. They seemed to go out of their way to assist me.