Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Part Time Limo

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Nobody in Miami and Fort Lauderdale is making $5000-$8000 per month working weekends only with one limo these days I dont know in the other parts of the State and country but I can tell you for this parts, people do funerals for $50 per hour all inclusive 3 hr minimum down here because there is no business, I am happy for not having a stretch
    How long have you been in the business? You sure complain about the market and business you're in for someone who isn't doing anything to change that. I'm sure there are plenty of companies in your area doing fine, just like there's plenty of companies doing horrible in good markets.

i would prefer genuine advice and not someone trying to discourage competition

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast View Post
    Limousine operators in The City of Jacksonville are required to obtain the Blue Medallion to operate a transportation service legally. You are in for a surprise if you think there is any $ to be made in Jacksonville. I can tell you of about 10 companies that have gone out of biz in Jax in the last year. We service Jacksonville and we have very little work there with this economy. Take your $ and invest it in something else. Like getting the hell out of Florida. ( AKA broke ville )
    i would prefer genuine advice and not someone trying to discourage competition

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

First of all if you did start up we would not consider you competition. We look at other businesses as affiliates and friends. Just shows you have a lot to learn. All I told you were the cold hard facts. Would you like the truth or would you like me to lie and sugar coat it. Yes Limo biz in Florida SUX !! We are all just doing what we have to do to survive. We have been in business for 5 years and have seen the good times and now the bad times in Florida. Although we will be here long after the dust settles. Take some time and do some research. Call some other companies in Jax. Ask them how biz is and if now would be a good time to be a start up. I am not here to discourage. Just want you to know what to expect. If you do go forward we wish you the best of luck. Remember the more friends you have in this industry the better. Drop the word competition from your vocabulary now !!

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pig1015 View Post
    Yes the 5-8k is the investment not the expected earnings
    $5-$7.000 investment? between the insurance,airport and county permits,down payment for the stretch limo, you will probably need $25000 unles you want to buy a used limo 1995 for $8000 and operate without livery insurance and no airport and county permit, go ahead and good luck, I dont know Jacksonville market but can only tell you about Miami and Fort Lauderdale its a dead town for livery business (too much red tape and government regulations) and no clients, the tourist in South FL rent cars, even the wealthy ones, the corporate do the same they come here for meetings and rent cars or hire yellow cab to those people service and safety is not important, the locals are the same, they drive themeselves to the Airport. The business is so bad I cant even afford to go out of business. I am also licensed to so security and Executive protection, even that part of the business is dead, people feel safe (wealthy,celebrities) they feel so safe that they will drink and drive themeselves to save money, usualy they get pulled over and then they end up paying $5000 in fines and legal fees after the dust settles. People became so cheap that they are sacrifising safety and reputation over money,

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Very well said. Its about time another Florida operator spoke up about how bad it truly is.

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    $5-$7.000 investment? between the insurance,airport and county permits,down payment for the stretch limo, you will probably need $25000 unles you want to buy a used limo 1995 for $8000 and operate without livery insurance and no airport and county permit, go ahead and good luck, I dont know Jacksonville market but can only tell you about Miami and Fort Lauderdale its a dead town for livery business (too much red tape and government regulations) and no clients, the tourist in South FL rent cars, even the wealthy ones, the corporate do the same they come here for meetings and rent cars or hire yellow cab to those people service and safety is not important, the locals are the same, they drive themeselves to the Airport. The business is so bad I cant even afford to go out of business. I am also licensed to so security and Executive protection, even that part of the business is dead, people feel safe (wealthy,celebrities) they feel so safe that they will drink and drive themeselves to save money, usualy they get pulled over and then they end up paying $5000 in fines and legal fees after the dust settles. People became so cheap that they are sacrifising safety and reputation over money,

Actually Tim, in some parts of the country Saturdays are the busiest days for burials.
    Rick E.
    City Limousine Sales
    √XTS Livery Sedans√Escalade ESV Livery Package SUV's√Lincoln & Cadillac Limousines & Funeral Coaches by Federal Coach√GMC Professional Grade SUV's & 15 Passenger Vans√Cadillac & Buick Passenger Cars, Crossovers, and SUV's.

~Stupidity might be hereditary, but ignorance should be painful!~

www.citylimosales.com

Saturdays are the busiest days here for funerals also.

Weird. I get a lot of Thursday funerals. Of course I also have weddings on Wednesdays here.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

What type of license do I need for my limo business? Do need to be registered in the same way that a taxi driver is registered?

Quote Originally Posted by TheExpert View Post
    What type of license do I need for my limo business? Do need to be registered in the same way that a taxi driver is registered?
    Actually, because we are part of a trade business, you need to go to a trade organization and get some certifications. Some of these certifications can include fire extinguisher handling, basic first aid, if you want to do proms you are going to need a daycare license, some ground schooling from a local flight academy, and if you plan on changing a flat tire on your care you better have ASE certification. Once you have these things taken care of, then we can talk.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    Actually, because we are part of a trade business, you need to go to a trade organization and get some certifications. Some of these certifications can include fire extinguisher handling, basic first aid, if you want to do proms you are going to need a daycare license, some ground schooling from a local flight academy, and if you plan on changing a flat tire on your care you better have ASE certification. Once you have these things taken care of, then we can talk.
    \

Priceless, LOL.

you, youre a funny guy!

I'm new to the business and industry and as I read this I was thinking damn, more hoops I need to go through, and then once I read the ASE certification I realized you were pulling our chains... luckily I already had my daycare license and ground school certs from the MFA

That was good for a laugh, LOL!
    Mobile Personal Banker
    Wells Fargo

Homer, Alaska bound! Precision Executive Transportation Services LLCwww.precisiontransportationservices.comEmail: junehhan(at)precisiontransportationservices(dot)co mFind us on Facebook right now!

And I thought that someone who would call himself "TheExpert" would already have all the answers he needed.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service