Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Part Time Limo

Default Part Time Limo

I'm thinking about buying a limo that i could work part time on weekends maybe doing funerals looking for my investment to be between 5k to 8k on a 6 door limo with 66k miles looking for some advice

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pig1015 View Post
    I'm thinking about buying a limo that i could work part time on weekends maybe doing funerals looking for my investment to be between 5k to 8k on a 6 door limo with 66k miles looking for some advice
    What State and city are you in?

Um...I can't remember the last time I worked a funeral on the weekend.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Part time limo is like being a little pregnant!
    I want to die while asleep like my grandfather,
    not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Limo Wire is right in addition to putting it in a funny way. The transportation industry does not allow for part-time operation. I tell new start ups that at the very best, a part-time limousine operation is 75% of a full-time job.

This is not said to discourage you though. You can still operate a single limousine, you just need to understand that the time commitment will be more than what you may realize.

Also, you would be better off staying away from the funeral cars and buy a 120" that you can also use for retail runs. With your budget, you should be able to get into a decent 120 for $10k.

In regards to your state, while the state itself is not regulated, the local municipal governments are able to regulate passenger transportation, and if you are in one of the cities that make it hard, you may not be starting a company.

People call at all hours. My phones ring constantly from 9am to 9pm and I get additonal calls in between. If you think you're going to work another job during the week and not answer the phone religiously you will not be booking very much work.

"Part time limo is like being a little pregnant!"

LMAO
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion". - Muhammad Ali

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

I would agree with all of the above...ask my wife how "part time" my "part time" limo side job is. And it's not because we are that awful busy, it just takes a lot of detail and customer attention. Someone has to be available from your company 24/7. People are not going to trust someone to provide transportation for a loved one's funeral that they cannot get a hold of during the day to make last minute changes. They do not need another thing to stress about.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pig1015 View Post
    Florida
    where in Florida are you if its not a secret, and then I can tell you if you can make that kind of money working weekends only

Blog Entries

Nobody in Miami and Fort Lauderdale is making $5000-$8000 per month working weekends only with one limo these days I dont know in the other parts of the State and country but I can tell you for this parts, people do funerals for $50 per hour all inclusive 3 hr minimum down here because there is no business, I am happy for not having a stretch

sorry i'm in Jacksonville thanks for the advice

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

Limousine operators in The City of Jacksonville are required to obtain the Blue Medallion to operate a transportation service legally. You are in for a surprise if you think there is any $ to be made in Jacksonville. I can tell you of about 10 companies that have gone out of biz in Jax in the last year. We service Jacksonville and we have very little work there with this economy. Take your $ and invest it in something else. Like getting the hell out of Florida. ( AKA broke ville )

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Nobody in Miami and Fort Lauderdale is making $5000-$8000 per month working weekends only with one limo these days I dont know in the other parts of the State and country but I can tell you for this parts, people do funerals for $50 per hour all inclusive 3 hr minimum down here because there is no business, I am happy for not having a stretch
    That 5-8k figure is the price range of the 6pax he is looking for not expected earnings.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Yes the 5-8k is the investment not the expected earnings