Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Website Copying

I agree with Lexington's Best , Not much you can do but bitch unless they hurt your company and you can prove it. It happens everywhere , Hell a guy in our area stole his company name from another company in this same area . The other company was pissed ,but could do nothing since the name was not copyrighted. Still pretty low to do that

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    And I can put in a copyright of 1776 in my page with very little ease. Knowing Brandon, he didn't copy it and was likely the other way around.
    He's not worth arguing with. He's just mad that I caught him stealing my text and called him out in another thread.

Brandon.....This is the 5th time...www.ChiTownPartybus.com.....tell me what was stolen???? Maybe I should call "MY" lawyer about your defamatory comments/post's about me and my company. fyi...i saved them

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    He's not worth arguing with. He's just mad that I caught him stealing my text and called him out in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownPartyBus View Post
    Brandon.....This is the 5th time...www.ChiTownPartybus.com.....tell me what was stolen???? Maybe I should call "MY" lawyer about your defamatory comments/post's about me and my company. fyi...i saved them
    It seems pretty clear no content was taken on the site you keep listing however you admitted yourself that on the previous site (which is still up) his content was copied. You keep saying its not on your main site and that's not what matters. What matters is that his content is on one of your side sites. Why don't you just take it down? That's the advice your lawyer would give you. I'm trying to save you a headache and a couple hundred bucks here. I dont see how this is complicated
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

It's down...???? It never was live or linked to my site.....This Brandon for some reason has a bug up his ass. And yes i know he has 1250 posts on this board....so what.....my site is nothing like his!!!!

FYI...I tried to call him to discuss this like a man....instead of a forum geek....but when he answers....he says he's someone else!

Quote Originally Posted by cvclubs View Post
    It seems pretty clear no content was taken on the site you keep listing however you admitted yourself that on the previous site (which is still up) his content was copied. You keep saying its not on your main site and that's not what matters. What matters is that his content is on one of your side sites. Why don't you just take it down? That's the advice your lawyer would give you. I'm trying to save you a headache and a couple hundred bucks here. I dont see how this is complicated
    Last edited by ChiTownPartyBus; September 3rd, 2011 at 11:00 PM.

That's a good website to vist! I just did a check and there's someone in Budapest who's using MY company name (Limousine Strip) as well as the EXACT text of my home page!

Flattered? Yes! But also a little ****ed off to! They only had to call me and I'm sure we could have worked something out.

I'm not the only person that answers my phones. I couldn't handle answering them all by myself and still get anything else done in a day. I'm not here to bicker back and forth, I only posted to get my stolen content taken down and it's down so we have nothing else left to discuss.

Well i think even its being copies you dont need to worry as the original content is on your website and your website cannot be effected or you can do one more thing rewrite the complete content and make it original.

Quote Originally Posted by mikebpo View Post
    Well i think even its being copies you dont need to worry as the original content is on your website and your website cannot be effected or you can do one more thing rewrite the complete content and make it original.
    You know what they say, "A mind is a terrible thing to waste". Coherency and punctuation go a long way to making a point.
    Joseph Busenhart
    Thoroughbred Limousine
    Lexington, KY
    (859)273-3690

www.thoroughbredlimo.com