Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zone setup for limo anywhere

Default zone setup for limo anywhere

Am i the only one that thinks its almost impossible to setup the zones here in los angeles on limo anywhere... im new to this program and im trying to set up all zip codes based on distance from LAX, the only way i can think of is to get a full list of zip codes (its ALOT of zip codes) and manually check every one of them for distance, is that the only way?

Default Concentric Circle Zone Map

What I ave seen done most of the time is a zone map based on concentric circles. So say in 10 mile increments you create circular zones around LAX (or around your base of operation) and if the majority of a zip code falls in a certain ring they get that zone price. Still very tedious to set up but once done it's easy to re-price a zone if needed on LA.

Not of Los AAngeles but here is a way a map might look.

Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

Or you can even do a more general zone of:
    San fernando Valley, West side, San Gabriel Valley, Southbay, OC, East LA, Downown.

Then in LA you just put in the zip codes that corespond to what your definition of those are for you.
    Problem is with people right on the border and you have a huge price diffrence between zones. Like a guy in pasadena gets a recomendation for your company from a guy in glendale and there is a $30 diffrence becase your cut off was right between Glendale and Pasadena.

Well the problem with that is I get more then 100 zip coes in a 10 mile radius from lax...that is a lot ofNumbers to input if I want to do all of l.a. county and imagine orange county hehe...Maybe if I don't put zip codes and just names of burrougs or cities does limo anywhere include theZip codes or automatically relates the two?

If I make san fernando valley a zone does limo anywhere recognize that as a area with serveral cities and when people make a reservation for north hollywood, does it give me the san fernando rate automatically?

That looks like a pain in the ass. I didnt realize how lucky we are to have such a great deal of things so easy here in Vegas. Well other tha one thing.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

wow really? no one in los angeles seen this as a problem?

I suppose not.
    Karl Jones

BMA if I remember correctly LA had a tutorial on setting up zones becase that was such an often asked topic. May want to contact Max see if he has any info.

But in general, yea it is a major data entry challange that we all had to go through if we wanted to offer flat rate zone pricing. You can avoid it all and just do a 2 hour minimum for all sedans.

The time you take now to set it up right will pay dividens later when you have to change rates.

Also ask max if there is a way you could do the rates on a spreadsheet and upload them in. He may have a sheet already for that.

There are some shortcuts to making it go faster and hopefully max will fil you in on those. it's one of those things you do once then forget how you did it becase it was so long ago.

thanks steve, i will contact max and see what he can tell me.
    good day.

You can have them load the rates in for you if you send them in an excel spreadsheet.

BMA Limo,

I will have our support guys send you an email with a sample Excel template for Rates & Zones. It is a lot easier to do it all in Excel and have us upload at once.

It may also make sense to talk to one of our guys about your setup just to make sure you are not doing more than you should.

Here is a quick tip, which you may already know. Unless each zone has its own pricing, it should not be a separate zone. In other words, if two zip codes in Los Angeles are priced the same, both should be in one zone as opposed to two zones with the same pricing.

Thanks,
    Max.
    Last edited by LimoAnywhere.com; August 29th, 2011 at 06:05 PM.
    Limousine Software for Small to Mid-Size Operators. Visit LimoAnywhere.com to request your free demo today!

Max,
    I've just received an email from the support team saying that it's not possible to add a merchant payment gateway for an overseas user, I had been in touch with John and he said it could be looked at if I sent over the developement kit , as it stands we have a reservations system we spent $399 and $17 a month that we can't use ... Can you suggest a solution ..
    Myles Flood
    Limos for Less
    www.lflcs.com
    www.limosforless.ie
    Dublin's Award Winning Limousine Service.

Quote Originally Posted by DublinLimo View Post
    Max,
    I've just received an email from the support team saying that it's not possible to add a merchant payment gateway for an overseas user, I had been in touch with John and he said it could be looked at if I sent over the developement kit , as it stands we have a reservations system we spent $399 and $17 a month that we can't use ... Can you suggest a solution ..
    Myles,

Out of the 13 integrated payment gateways two are international - HSBC ePayments and GestPay. We have no problem integrating with other gateways and you are welcome to send us the SDK, but because a lot of our feature implementations are based on demand, we will most likely not be able to prioritize this project. However, payment gateways are generally fairly easy to integrate and we will do our absolute best to do it in a timely manner.

Please let me know who your current payment gateway provider is (or send me their SDK) and I will have our dev team look into it. They will be able to tell me how much time this integration will take.

Thanks,
    Max.
    Limousine Software for Small to Mid-Size Operators. Visit LimoAnywhere.com to request your free demo today!

Quote Originally Posted by LimoAnywhere.com View Post
    Myles,

Out of the 13 integrated payment gateways two are international - HSBC ePayments and GestPay. We have no problem integrating with other gateways and you are welcome to send us the SDK, but because a lot of our feature implementations are based on demand, we will most likely not be able to prioritize this project. However, payment gateways are generally fairly easy to integrate and we will do our absolute best to do it in a timely manner.

Please let me know who your current payment gateway provider is (or send me their SDK) and I will have our dev team look into it. They will be able to tell me how much time this integration will take.

Thanks,
    Max.
    Max,
    We are with streamline at the moment who are part of world pay ( who operate in the USA) but I would have
    no problem moving providers to one that is the easyist intergration for your guys..
    Myles
    Myles Flood
    Limos for Less
    www.lflcs.com
    www.limosforless.ie
    Dublin's Award Winning Limousine Service.