Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Limo owner/drivers, Limo operators in New York City?

Default Limo owner/drivers, Limo operators in New York City?

I'm looking to do business with any limo operators or owner/drivers of navigators or hummers in the New York City area who can do one way journeys or less than a 2 to 3 hour (minimum) hire. I've done a Google search and contacted what was thrown up but got hit with the "nothing less than 3 hour hire". Any contacts would be greatfully appreciated.

Many thanks

Dazzer

www.Limoaffiliatefinder.com You can find a few NY contacts listed there
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

Thanks for the tip but they do not have navis or hummers - Just the small ones and I don't think they servicethe NYC area either. That's the only one listed on that website you posted. But have a couple of leads that I have to follow up so will keep you posted. In the mean time, if anyone on the board can help me out, it would be very much appreciated.

Do you run a NYC area company or are you working with a good source of leads?
    Austin Party Bus
    Texas Party Bus - Contact me to be listed.
    Limousine Fares - Contact me to be featured in your city.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyBusIA View Post
    Do you run a NYC area company or are you working with a good source of leads?
    In his intro, he says he is from London. I don't know the particulars about needing vehicles in New York. It sounds like he has a lot of travelers that go to New York, but I am not for certain.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer View Post
    I'm looking to do business with any limo operators or owner/drivers of navigators or hummers in the New York City area who can do one way journeys or less than a 2 to 3 hour (minimum) hire. I've done a Google search and contacted what was thrown up but got hit with the "nothing less than 3 hour hire". Any contacts would be greatfully appreciated.

Many thanks

Dazzer
    A 2 or 3 hour minimum is pretty much the norm across the entire US with the exception of maybe Las Vegas.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    A 2 or 3 hour minimum is pretty much the norm across the entire US with the exception of maybe Las Vegas.
    You are correct. About 80% of our rides are just transfers and are a one hour min.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

The company I represent is Limousine Strip and through an affiliate, we provide our service is NYC as well as London, Las Vegas and Amsterdam. The problem is that should the party exceed by just one passenger, we have to bump up to a bigger limo such as a navigator or hummer. Because of the "3 hour minimum hire" and the rates it attracts, potential customers aren't booking with one of the reasons being that they just don't want to fork out for a 3 hour hire when all they want is a "shuttle" between venues. Got a couple of leads that I need to follow up so will get back to you all to let you know how I got on.

Why does this smell fishy to me?

Dick Hall (Army)

This is in another direction, but qualifies for "Something Fishy"?

Has anyone in the group come in contract with ASCAP? We have received email requesting $1,100.00 for performance of Copyrighted Music in our two Limousines.
    Recent Correspondence:

“Also, we have made numerous attempts at contacting your business via phone, in person, postal mail and email. I will resend one of the previous pieces of correspondence in a subsequent email to the same address.”

I have never received a phone call form this individual. The address listed is at the Birmingham Airport. We have not been at this location for about three months because of the renovations at the facility. No one on at the Airport has informed us there was anyone looking for us.

“On Aug 24, 2011, at 10:22 AM, Brian McFarlin wrote:

I am currently in Birmingham and it is extremely important that we discuss your usage of copyrighted music in your limousines. As of now, our records indicate that you are not in compliance with U.S. Federal Copyright Law (U.S. Code – Title 17). It is urgent that I meet with you and that you become compliant immediately. Please call me on my cell phone at (205) 876-4699 to establish a time that we can get together to discuss. Understand that this matter is urgent, is not going to go away and I will by coming by whether you contact me or not. As I have said before, I am here to help you. But time, cooperation & communication are extremely important.

Regards,

Brian McFarlin
    Area Licensing Manager - AL, MS, LA, FL Panhandle
    ASCAP
    (O): 888-873-9811
    (C): 205.876.4699
    (F): 615-691-7742
    email: bmcfarlin@ascap.com
    www.ascap.com

--
    Brian McFarlin
    Licensing Manager - AL, MS, LA, FL Panhandle
    ASCAP - www.ascap.com
    (C): 205-876-4699
    (O): 888-873-9811
    (F): 615-691-7742
    email: bmcfarlin@ascap.com

Please note our new address
    ASCAP
    P. O. Box 331608-7515
    Nashville, TN 37203-9998

This past week, with the Hurricane issues, we had several individuals trying to get out of Dodge. We did not have time to meet with this individual.

Any comments are welcome.

That sounds really fishy because, as we have been told time and time again, if it isn't sent in the mail, it isn't that real. Emails soliciting funds or payments are usually phony. I did a search on this Brian guy and came up with very little. In fact, the only Brian McFarlin I found that has anything to do with the music industry is in Texas, not Tennessee.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

Also if you supply recorded music to your clients in your vehicles you are subject to ASCAP fees. Always let them provide their own music.

Wade is correct. My firm insures a lot of restaurants/bars/taverns and they all have to pay that organization for the right to have a juke box, karaokee, play the radio...anything that involves recorded audio that is protected. The "licensing" fee they ask for is in lieu of being taken to court by the artists.

The cable and dish providers also target commercial users who are not paying the commercial rates and they sue the heck out of them. We have a client that had a dish in his personal name, took the box to his bar and an investigator had video of their programming in his bar and he was sued for $20,000.

You have been the very first transportation operation that I have heard of being approached by the recording artists organization.

Hello Cv cubs... are you based out of Las Vegas, if yes let me know please i have a client who is traveling off to Las Vegas and would like transportation there from airport let me know if that's something you can help me out with. Thank You
    Sara Lee
    Alliance Limousines and Transportation
    972-533-0122
    www.myalliancelimo.com
    myalliancelimo@gmail.com