Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Customizing Limo Anywhere

Default Customizing Limo Anywhere

I was wondering if you are able to customize the limo anywhere "new reservations" page. The form where you fill out pickup and dropoff information is great but not what we really need here in Vegas. 95% of our runs are between hotels and almost none of our clients (or myself) know the actual address of the hotel/club/event. I do not want them to have to go looking for the address. Is it possible to remove the term "address" and make it say location/hotel/event or something similar? I noticed there is a hotel tab but is there a way to make that the default view? Even the hotel tab makes you put in an address and its near impossible for us to list all of our landmarks. I really want a new res software but it needs to work for our needs.
    Last edited by cvclubs; August 14th, 2011 at 05:27 AM.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

We are struggling with the same issue. All of these programs were written with the limo operator in mind and not the actual consumer who will be inputting these reservations. Way too complicated with too much information being asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    We are struggling with the same issue. All of these programs were written with the limo operator in mind and not the actual consumer who will be inputting these reservations. Way too complicated with too much information being asked.
    This is by far my number one problem with LA. If you check my site its a very simple basic form with all the need to know information nto information I do not need as an operator. Also I find LA uses to many abbreviations where I have to sit and think about before I get it and some I still dont get.

As a consumer I hit the reservations page and am immediately overwhelmed. If I was making an impulse reservation that impulse is immediately gone.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

Nick I received an email from Max this morning. He said that if we got a group together to tell them what we wanted he could implement the changes. My personal goal is to get at least 50% of all reservations via our online portal by the end of next year. The process should be simple with prompts in the beginning to leave out what they don't need.

Cv I seem to remember there was an option in the Admin options page to: "Require Drop Address for online reservation" And a check box to require that or not. Am I dreaming that up?

But you are right wording change would be better.
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

What am I missing? Don't you guys use the POI tab on the routing info? Yeah, you have to fill in the address once, but after that it pulls up everytime and is available online for clients. Maybe I'm missing what you guys are saying....but to fill in the POI's dosen't take long. On another note...I have had a lot of people tell me the online experience is a little confusing and a lot to fill out....but they are all details that you really need, no matter what city you're in! On another note....kudos to LA for offering the local back up FREE! Nice touch and a smart move!

Todd in my opinion the online reservations module is really the only weak link left in this software. When clients pull up the online reservations they are immediately intimidated by all the info. There is a way to get all the info needed without overwhelming the client with too many options at once. That is my main problem. They tend to give up when they see all those tabs and boxes in the first screen. It should ask what type of reservation first then funnel down gradually into what they need.

Todd in my opinion the online reservations module is really the only weak link left in this software. When clients pull up the online reservations they are immediately intimidated by all the info. There is a way to get all the info needed without overwhelming the client with too many options at once. That is my main problem. They tend to give up when they see all those tabs and boxes in the first screen. It should ask what type of reservation first then funnel down gradually into what they need.
    You are correct 10000 times over. Its just to much and for that one reason I will not be using LA until it is fixed.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

I can agree with that, Wade. I've heard quite a few times from my clients too.

I agree, its overwhelming. For starters, is it possible to "turn off" the PO/Ref#, Group Name, Referral Source and Promo fields? I realize some may need these so it would be nice to have the option to turn some fields on or off in the admin panel.
    FAIRFAX LIMO - Northern Virginia and Washington DC Limo Service

Lincoln TC (Executive) - multiple
    Lincoln TC (Executive L) - multiple
    Lincoln TC 100" Stretch by US Coachworks
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by DaBryan
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by Krystal (2)
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by Executive
    Lincoln TC 72" Stretch by Krystal
    Ford Excursion 180" by Legendary
    Hummer H2 200" by Krystal
    Hummer H2 180" by Craftsmen
    K33 Limobus/Party Bus (F550) by Krystal

Fairfax Limo also offers Virginia Wine Tours

Hello Everyone:

Frankly, I agree with all of you here. I do think that our online reservation form is a bit more "detailed" than it should be for most operators. I guess our issue there was that we tried to accommodate too many business plans at once.

Let me clarify what I proposed to Wade and what I am proposing to all of you.

If we can get a group of users together who will collectively design the most user friendly online reservation form, we will hire a third-party development shop to custom build that online reservation form/system based on our open API. We will cover 100% of all expenses. We cannot allocate any internal resources to this project but we can definitely hire another company to help us with this.

And the best part is that we will donate this code to you guys so that you could then hire other developers to customize it even further if needed.

Does this sound appealing to you guys?

I really think that if we can get enough people to pitch in and give their ideas, we can get this done within a few months.

We can go even further and create an account for you guys at BaseCamp (http://basecamphq.com/) - a project management software. But only if you think it's necessary of course.

Let me know if you guys need help getting the message out to other companies. We can send out a mass email or post this on the login page once we know how this collaborative project is going to work.

Thanks,
    Max.
    Limousine Software for Small to Mid-Size Operators. Visit LimoAnywhere.com to request your free demo today!

Max I don't think the wheel needs to be reinvented but just customized a bit. Thank you very much for caring and being a stand up guy.

Blog Entries

I would definately be interested in this project and I too feel there are ways that this could be simplified. I use another reservation system for online bookings right now that gets really good results (80% of our reservations are online). I would love to see LA go simple and have it loaded right to my backend software.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by LimoAnywhere.com View Post
    Hello Everyone:

Frankly, I agree with all of you here. I do think that our online reservation form is a bit more "detailed" than it should be for most operators. I guess our issue there was that we tried to accommodate too many business plans at once.

Let me clarify what I proposed to Wade and what I am proposing to all of you.

If we can get a group of users together who will collectively design the most user friendly online reservation form, we will hire a third-party development shop to custom build that online reservation form/system based on our open API. We will cover 100% of all expenses. We cannot allocate any internal resources to this project but we can definitely hire another company to help us with this.

And the best part is that we will donate this code to you guys so that you could then hire other developers to customize it even further if needed.

Does this sound appealing to you guys?

I really think that if we can get enough people to pitch in and give their ideas, we can get this done within a few months.

We can go even further and create an account for you guys at BaseCamp (http://basecamphq.com/) - a project management software. But only if you think it's necessary of course.

Let me know if you guys need help getting the message out to other companies. We can send out a mass email or post this on the login page once we know how this collaborative project is going to work.

Thanks,
    Max.
    I would be happy to take part inthis group but I do not think you need to redesign the entire program. If possible it seems to me it would be cheaper for you and easier for everyone if there was a way to edit the form right on LA. Like having a section where you can check off what fields we wanted or didnt want or what fields we need required. There is nothing wrong with the current res form I would just like to see a little bit of cutomization available.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cvclubs View Post
    I would be happy to take part inthis group but I do not think you need to redesign the entire program. If possible it seems to me it would be cheaper for you and easier for everyone if there was a way to edit the form right on LA. Like having a section where you can check off what fields we wanted or didnt want or what fields we need required. There is nothing wrong with the current res form I would just like to see a little bit of cutomization available.
    I think this sound good!!!
    Just check what you want and even maybe if it is a required field or not. That way were could have displayed the fields we choose.