Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Phone Leads by Limos.com

Default New Phone Leads by Limos.com

It was just rolled out in my area, the new phone leads in which it charges Airport leads...$1.99, 3 hrs or less $5.99, and for 3 hrs or more $9.99. but they began billing for this on me 5/31/11, I would like to know what your input is. If my understanding is correct you will be bill if you do or dont get the job.

$10 per call? that is insane!
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

Quote Originally Posted by Boddie60 View Post
    It was just rolled out in my area, the new phone leads in which it charges Airport leads...$1.99, 3 hrs or less $5.99, and for 3 hrs or more $9.99. but they began billing for this on me 5/31/11, I would like to know what your input is. If my understanding is correct you will be bill if you do or dont get the job.
    $10 per call is rediculous! Dump that wasted money into ad words or an seo campaign! I only get $35 for my tc at $10 a lead my profit would be nothing. Actually id probably be at a loss. Get creative with your marketing. I just hit the jackpot with affiliate marketing here in Vegas theres a discussion board that has been booking me a ton of work.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

Sacramento - Woodland - Napa - San Francisco

I think we are all confused about the new process. I have read the email announcements yet still don"t understand. The challenge with LDC is they come out with new, mandatory programs that cost the limo companies more and more. Doug an the other folks who run this company are bright people but i wonder if they are beginning to alienate the limo companies in favor of the paying customers.

Hello all This is my first post. I have been using limos.com for a while and I feel since they have started this new phone lead program that I have actually been getting less business from them then I was. I can't stand the program as numerous times I have had someone call about 3 hrs or more only to ask me for a car for 1 or 2 hrs. Now that call costs me $10.00 and it was a total waste of time. If it continues much longer I will be gone completely

Hey guys,
    Let me (hopefully) clarify the new phone program and provide some details on why we think it's great for customers AND operators.

The new phone-contact system is being rolled out along with a big change to our email leads program.* For our most popular searches, customers will not be required to provide an email address.* No email address = no $0.99 email lead fee.* Customers are able to review available options (including your service, vehicles, photos, reviews, pricing) without costing you a thing.** Customers can then easily book online or call YOU with questions about your service.

-- Customers are only calling you AFTER they have conducted a specific search, been presented your quote and compared you to your competition side-by-side.

-- The real avg cost per call is $6 (not $10), based on our actual data from the past two months and the blended price points ($1.99 for transfers, $5.99 for <3hr ADs, $9.99 for >3hr ADs).

Limos.com phone leads should be the highest quality-to-cost phone call you can drive. Compared to Google/Yahoo PPCs, Yellow Pages, Yext and other online marketing sources, no one will drive a phone call for ~$6 with the customer already fully educated on your service and pricing.

Here a few more details on the overall program update:

1) ~50% fewer email leads: At full roll out in 2 weeks, email lead volume (& associated costs) will drop on average by half. Not an exaggeration, that is a real number based on current data.

2) More bookings: Dropping the email requirement means many more customers will see you (your brand, vehicles, prices) and be able to book right online or call to work it out with you directly

3) QA: All calls are recorded and available within ground control. You can QA yourself, your team and create actionable sales improvement plans. If you feel a call should not be billed, then you easily submit the call for review by our team. It's easy for us to review the call, because we can listen to the call too!

Of course, the new program design will work great for some and work less well for others. A lot of our members that we talked to are excited because our phone leads are being handled by their existing reservations team (leveraging a fixed investment they already have in place). Fewer emails also means fewer, better quality email responses. Given the new emphasis on phone contacts, phone sales skills will be the key to success.

As always, DM me if you want to talk.

Doug

Sounds Complicated.

What if the call goes to voicemail? Will the system trigger it as an answered call and charge us?

Are we able to opt-out of this call system? ALot of operators dont like when theyre forced to pay for something.
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

Limos.com has lost their mind. This is pure greed. They want to pretend they are a limo company by pimping us and taking 20% of our gross income. The reason they force us to pay for leads that do not meet our minimum hours (ie. A company who puts a 5 hour minimum will be forced to pay for quotes to people looking for 1 hour) is strictly to the benefit of Limos.com. They have forgotten who is the customer. And that is the Limo Companies that they FORCE to pay for leads we don't want. They haven't listened to us at all. The new rates are 200% and 300% higher for leads you can't even verify are true leads. Meanwhile, they removed the end users ability to click through to our company websites, so they could drive Limos.com up in the organics to 1st place on virtually every search. Now they are forcing EVERY company to have one-click for PROMS so they can take 20% for doing nothing. Think about it. If you book a Prom for $750 for 6 hours, you would give them approximately $150. That is like paying for $150 leads under their old system. Does that seem fair to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael G View Post
    Limos.com has lost their mind. This is pure greed. They want to pretend they are a limo company by pimping us and taking 20% of our gross income. The reason they force us to pay for leads that do not meet our minimum hours (ie. A company who puts a 5 hour minimum will be forced to pay for quotes to people looking for 1 hour) is strictly to the benefit of Limos.com. They have forgotten who is the customer. And that is the Limo Companies that they FORCE to pay for leads we don't want. They haven't listened to us at all. The new rates are 200% and 300% higher for leads you can't even verify are true leads. Meanwhile, they removed the end users ability to click through to our company websites, so they could drive Limos.com up in the organics to 1st place on virtually every search. Now they are forcing EVERY company to have one-click for PROMS so they can take 20% for doing nothing. Think about it. If you book a Prom for $750 for 6 hours, you would give them approximately $150. That is like paying for $150 leads under their old system. Does that seem fair to you?
    No one forces anyone to do anything. They are a business and you can simply choose or choose to not do business with them. I personally agree that it's not worth what they charge for me to continue using them, but I have the choice.

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Boddie60 View Post
    I have been a member of LDC for 3 months now,I have got about over 100 email leads and none turned out to a job,I had to lower my rates 3 times to meet their low rates criteria, I got only 1 phone lead that was a crank call, I got credited for all email leads and the phone lead except for 10 email leads, I apreciate they credit me the leads, but its not worth beeng with them because there isnt any work and there arent any serious clients but people shopping arrount and just browsing there are no serious customers looking for service on LDC at least not in South Florida,

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    I have been a member of LDC for 3 months now,I have got about over 100 email leads and none turned out to a job,I had to lower my rates 3 times to meet their low rates criteria, I got only 1 phone lead that was a crank call, I got credited for all email leads and the phone lead except for 10 email leads, I apreciate they credit me the leads, but its not worth beeng with them because there isnt any work and there arent any serious clients but people shopping arrount and just browsing there are no serious customers looking for service on LDC at least not in South Florida,
    Try scheduling your jobs for only the week of. So you will only be available for service up to 7 days in advance and the rest of the days are marked unavailable. If you do it like that the calls will be mostly people who are serious about booking.

Brandon, I don't know who you think you are but the word, FORCE, is used when they remove your choice not to take quotes which do not meet your minimum hours of service and you are FORCED to pay for them. Of course you can CHOOSE not to use Limos.com, but if you CHOOSE to stay with them, then you MUST pay for any quote they send you regardless of whether it meets the restrictions you set up in its tables. If Limos.com was serious about helping our businesses grow, they would bring back the way they used to do business with us. Starting with getting rid of those operators who advertise on their site that do not EVEN OWN THE CARS THEY ADVERTISE. And they would not charge us for quotes that do not meet our minimum restrictions. But I guess a company that advertises "Black Car Service at Yellow Car Prices" is what you consider strengthening to the limo industry.

I'm the guy who used to use limos.com. I don't like the way they quote based on their minimums just like you don't like it. At the end of the day they are a business and they are there to make money. Do you think they opened up limos.com with the sole intention of growing your business? I don't agree with everything so I simply don't use them. No one is forcing me into anything. They provide a service and they make the rules of how they provide that service, it's as simple as that. Who are you to tell anyone how to run their business?

Here are my thoughts on Limos.com....

When the ownership changed and LDC started with their "new system" I basically threw my prior conclusions and thoughts about the company out the window. Limos.com at one time was a very viable source for great leads - it all changed. While my company is a LDC subscriber and has been off and on for years - my thoughts are still the same; you can get jobs from it..you can't build your business around it.

Now if limos.com would simply abandon their strange, and hokey system do I think they could once again deliver quality leads at a fair price?...yes. Limos.com decided to re-invent affiliate work..so I have accepted the fact that their model doesn't work as well as it used to; their leads are basically useless and from time to time you'll get a decent one-click reservation (mind you it will undoubtedly be missing plenty of vital trip information).

Greed captures and changes many people and companies...it is very evident that is what happened with LDC. Don't ever expect the company to conform to what you want or the "way it used to be" until someone else buys it. Until then - expect to see new "groundbreaking updates" ,confusing new lead delivery, and 99 out of 100 leads to be nothing but garb...

Take it for what it is. . . .