Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Critique Our Website

Default Critique Our Website

I put this website together myself with a template through VistaPrint. I need to fine tune it to make it easier on the eyes and easier to read. I am a new venture and need positive feedback. The picture can be changed, but the format is pretty much what it is.

I guess we would need to focus on the content. Just let us know what you think.

Where is the link?

Most likely this one: http://charlestonspartybus.vpweb.com/ (there are two other domains, but they just open a full screen frame to display this site)

I'm sorry for not posting the web address. Charleston's Party Bus website is www.charlestonspartybus.com

You really need pictures of your vehicles
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

Thanks cvclubs, our bus will start to be built within the next few weeks. In the mean time, I've posted this website with content, please respond on the content with comments, and anything I can do to improve. Remember this is a template and there's nothing much I can change at this time.

I would say if you dont have your business set up and you plan on growing an internet presence ditch the template and get something more customizeable and professional. For my first Internet business I used a template and now that it has grown to sustain all my living costs I would like to really make the website more professional as it is getting to be a well known and large company. The problem is when I switch hosts and remodel the entire site I will loose my google seo and will be starting from scratch again. My 1k+ unique daily converting traffic will drop down im expecting by 75% so im stuck with the template. You could take what you have now and transfer it to the new site then modify the look of the site to be much more professional and unique. Having a custom page will also allow for a few seo techniques that I find to work very quickly and are powerful. If you need help with your site or need someone to design it from scratch I can help you if you would like.

If you stick with the template id get a much more professional font, change the boat background, make on online reservations page (the reservation software I use is fully customizable and is only $15 per month) and ditch the coming soon and start trying to book rides and farm them out. If your site is up and running why not have it convert customers.

My biggest recommendation would be to ditch the template though. When I see template sites (and they are easy to spot) I instantly loose a little bit of trust in that company. I am not saying I dont trust what you do but that is the template website effect on a customers point of view.
    Last edited by cvclubs; July 28th, 2011 at 03:19 PM.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

Oh also the layout of your site makes it difficult for me to stay interested. Its just to much unorganized content with no means of breaking up the text. There are no frames or sidebars, the large font throws me off and I just cant get myself to read all the text. Its just boring and redundant to me (this is one of the problems with a template site). Instead of listing everything one thing after another you should make your site more interactive and direct users toward certain pages. With the site you currently have there is no user interaction. I dont get any desire to click any on page links (which are nearly non existent). You want users to go deeper into your website not get to your homepage and just leave. Not only is that not good for business but google will penalize you for that.

I dont want to seem like a dick but I think your website is one of the biggest and best ways to grow a company image. A website should be as perfect as you can make it. Its worth spending the extra time or money to make it great. This is why I am always very meticulous about website critiques.
    Last edited by cvclubs; July 28th, 2011 at 03:29 PM.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

You will also want to make sure your domain name does not simply forward to the page you designed. Make sure the domain name is hosted by whoever your using to make your page so your site consistantly says www.charlestonspartybus.com/Party-Bus-Services.html for example and not http://charlestonspartybus.vpweb.com...-Services.html its bad for google and it looks very unprofessional. You have two websites Chearlestonspartybus.com and getonthebusandpartywithus.com dont make them forward to each other. Instead design two completely different competing webpages. Have them link together to help your google rankings. Not only will it help with google but you can target two dirfferent types of clientelle and have 2 sites that rank high in search engines. for double exposure.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

Your contact page does not have any of your contact info! Put both your phone numbers and your email address on that page! People would rather call or email you than fill out those annoying contact forms. Also dont say fill out this form to allow us to contact you and put you on our coustomer list. If someone has a question they just want it answered. They dont want to ask a question and then have incoming spam mailers every day for the rest of their life just because one time they asked you how much you charge hourly.

I think ive given you plenty to work on to better yourself. If you have any questions or need help just reply to the PM I sent you or email me at Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

Thanks cvclubs, I will send you an e-mail. Yeah, got lots of work to do. I would like you to assist in developing a professional website; don't want to run away the customers before they come. And, about the .vpweb, I had that deleted a few weeks ago, but it still shows up in search engines.

Like you said, I can use the two websites, one catering to one group and the other to another group. For instance, charlestonspartybus.com can be catered to the more elegant events, i.e., weddings, corporate; while getonthebusandpartywithus.com can be catered to the more fun groups, i.e., bachelor/bachelorette parties, birthday parties, night on the town.

I think you should have all your sites cater to all the events you do. It doesn't hurt to have multiple sites. I built this site for a friend of mine who's starting a company in charleston.... www.partybuscharleston.com

That's nice Brandon1, when is this guy starting up? I've tried contacting the number but no one ever answers, sent emails, but no return or reply. How much is this company charging per hour and how big is the fleet?

Quote Originally Posted by charlestonspartybus View Post
    And, about the .vpweb, I had that deleted a few weeks ago, but it still shows up in search engines.
    The way you have the site set up now, it will always show up in the search engines.

http://www.charlestonspartybus.com/ is a page that is just a 100% frame that displays http://www.getonthebusandpartywithus.com

http://www.getonthebusandpartywithus.com is a page that is just a 100% frame that displays http://charlestonspartybus.vpweb.com/

So the actual site is at http://charlestonspartybus.vpweb.com/ which is where the search engines will index. (they are technically following the links on that domain).

Once you get things set up with the other domains, there are things you can do (well depending on if you are keeping them hosted at VP and how much they allow you to do) that will tell the search engines not to index the vpweb.com version.

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    I think you should have all your sites cater to all the events you do. It doesn't hurt to have multiple sites. I built this site for a friend of mine who's starting a company in charleston.... www.partybuscharleston.com
    Brandon beautiful site. One of my pet peeves is to have a pricing link and then not list the prices. I would not do business with anyone that does not post their prices, just a personal thing with me. You can get prices on any hotel room, airline or rental car online. Why are limo companies scared to post their prices?