Thread: Employee Application

Default Employee Application

Can someone provide a copy of the employee application they use?
    Also, does anyone hire a human resource manager to hire emplooyees?
    Have anyone used a temp service to hire employees and drivers?

Google - Commercial Driver Application. Take your pick of which to use. I think you would be hard pressed to find the average limo company with an HR manager. I have never used a temp service. When I hire chauffeurs, it is my intention to keep them forever. However, the temp thing would be good for payroll taxes, w/c etc..
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

We use JJ Keller's employee packets. Keeps things in order, reminds me of what all needs to be sent and asked for when hiring a new employee and it works fine for us. I usually have lots of questions at the interview, but the application part is covered in the JJ Keller form. They are someone a new company needs to know about.

We are a small mom/pop/son operation. No HR manager. I have used temp service for hiring detailers to see if they would work out before putting on payroll. Never used a temp agency for a chauffeur.

Lots to get in place when starting up, huh?

Kathy
    City Heat Limousine

Quote Originally Posted by City Heat View Post
    We use JJ Keller's employee packets. Keeps things in order, reminds me of what all needs to be sent and asked for when hiring a new employee and it works fine for us. I usually have lots of questions at the interview, but the application part is covered in the JJ Keller form. They are someone a new company needs to know about.

We are a small mom/pop/son operation. No HR manager. I have used temp service for hiring detailers to see if they would work out before putting on payroll. Never used a temp agency for a chauffeur.

Lots to get in place when starting up, huh?

Kathy
    City Heat Limousine
    Kathy JJ Keller had great forms but they drove me crazy with all the emails and direct mail trying to get me to buy more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    Kathy JJ Keller had great forms but they drove me crazy with all the emails and direct mail trying to get me to buy more.
    That's true Wade! They do market their business....I did finally have to ask them not to call us each week or two. Explained we were small and didn't need all their binders and updates and the training materials that a trucking company or large fleet needs. They have been accomodating. I just call them when I need something.

But for a newbie, the representative assigned to us was very helpful in making sure we had all the forms we needed for our CHP/DOT inspections. I could call and ask a question and my rep had or found out the answers. Since all our vehicles are considered bus, we had a little more paperwork to be compliant with. I just found their employment packet helpful, until I "learned" myself. I still like their employee folders to keep a checklist going for new hires and the drug/alcohol testing requirements etc.
    I just didn't have to re-invent the wheel so to speak......And they do keep me updated when regulations change that may affect my business or record keeping.

Kathy
    City Heat Limousine

JJ Keller IS awesome. I but all my stuff from them too but finally told them - DON'T CALL ME - I WILL CALL YOU!!!!
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com