Thread: Chauffeur and Employee Background Investigations - Economy Priced

Default Chauffeur and Employee Background Investigations - Economy Priced

If you need reliable and accurate background investigations on potential employees, I am using Golden Empire Investigations. They are authorized to perform record checks in all 50 states and provide a report for $85.

You can contact them at 661-368-0415 or email to investigations@goldenempirePI.com

I jus thought I would share. I was using another company that was charging $125. I am a true believer that you should not hand over car keys to a vehicle that costs $80,000 to over a million on a bus without knowing who you are entrusting it to.

And, if $85 is too steep for you, they will negotiate on the price - just tell them I said so. The business is operated by my son so I have to help promote him but it really is a good thing for our industry.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Blog Entries

Jim, is the background check on USDOT approved paper. I had to change company three years after my first audit when they said that it was not usdot approved.

wouldnt the state do criminal and driving record checks for a very small fee

Hey guys, thank you so much for your feedback! Great questions Brandon and Jess. I don't know the answers but I am going to ask. I might not even know about DOT paper. But, I also have been through two audits and never even asked to provide a background investigation report on any of our DOT regulated drivers (nearly all).

Brandon, I will ask if I can get a sample that has "John Doe" on it. The ones he has done for me have very personal, very confidential information listing every address these people have lived at for the past 20 years and other personal information.

As for Edwins comment, I suppose it depends upon the state. You clearly cannot do that in California for any fee. Only law enforcement and licensed P.I.'s can have access to criminal records and driving record databases. With the latter, employer can also request this information but must be registered with the state as a "Requestor". However, that does not cover any criminal records and I really wouldn't even know how to begin checking 50 states for criminal records. My son says, most background checks only cover the state you are working in. So, his certification and subscription to national criminal databases sets him aside.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

i am a owner operator and have no employees but when i worked for brattleboro transportation once a year the manager had to submit all employees to the for background review.i believe it was a $35 fee per employee.here is the danger with private sector investigation.every secretary and manager has access to all your employees s.s numbers and could engage in indentity theft.working through direct law enforcement or state liscensing officials is safest

another good reason to do your cori's through the police is access to interpol.the springfield,ma police dept once caught a wanted member of he irish repubilican army because he aplied for a taxi liscense.they showed up at the garage and told the dispatcher his permit was approved but he forgot to sign his application.when the guy arived us marshalls,mass state police and springfield polce pounced on him at gun point.in todays day of terrorism and so many limo's going to airports.access to interpol is important

What's the procedure in going through the local police department?