Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhone as a wifi spot

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

Default deleted

I didn't come here to argue so forget it. deleted

especially since its only 3g and thats like 20 to 25 times slower than 4g.
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

I can not speak for the speed of at&t or iPhone 3g but I rooted (jailbreaking a Droid) my Droid and used the wireless tether very often. The speed was amazing and could load webpage in a snap. Even faster than on the phone itself. Videos took a little longer but as far as mobile use it is more than sufficient for client use. The sped will be more than enough to keep them happy.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

deleted

There are a ton of videos on youtube onhow to easily jailbreak an iphone. Out of all my friends and family I have never seen a phone that got messed up.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

Blog Entries

You are better off getting something like a 4G Hot Spot from tmobile or sprint.

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/Phones/...Mobile-Hotspot

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast View Post
    I'm just worried about any other affects it may have on the phone. This is our main phone and it would be real bad if I crashed it or screwed something up. Has anyone done this to an iPhone and had problems with the phone afterwards?
    Jailbreaking your iPhone (or rooting your Android phone for that matter) will void your warranty. But then that's not much of a problem since any iPhone 3G or 3GS should be out of warranty by now. Still...
    There is always the possibility that you will "brick" your phone... small though it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by LIMOJESS View Post
    You are better off getting something like a 4G Hot Spot from tmobile or sprint.
    Totally agree. If it's for business use, it's a business expense. Replace it with newer, better technology.

By the way, if you currently have an unlimited data plan with AT&T for your iPhone and decide to upgrade to a Smartphone on AT&T, you are entitled to keep your unlimited data plan (grandfathered) to the new phone. If you let them sign you up on one of the newer data plans, you won't be able to go back to unlimited. Just a little something should you decide to stay with AT&T.
    Karl Jones

I would not suggest getting a 4g hot spot when you get get 4 g phones that have 4g hot spots built into them. The phone will let you do alot more stuff than just the hot spot.
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

Quote Originally Posted by First Class Limos View Post
    I would not suggest getting a 4g hot spot when you get get 4 g phones that have 4g hot spots built into them. The phone will let you do alot more stuff than just the hot spot.
    I just got a Sprint 4G hotspot and it cost me only $1 for the device and the service is cheap for unlimited 4G data. I use it for my iPad and it is much MUCH better than getting an iPad with 3G built into it.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Jailbreaking your iPhone (or rooting your Android phone for that matter) will void your warranty. But then that's not much of a problem since any iPhone 3G or 3GS should be out of warranty by now. Still...
    There is always the possibility that you will "brick" your phone... small though it may be.

Totally agree. If it's for business use, it's a business expense. Replace it with newer, better technology.

By the way, if you currently have an unlimited data plan with AT&T for your iPhone and decide to upgrade to a Smartphone on AT&T, you are entitled to keep your unlimited data plan (grandfathered) to the new phone. If you let them sign you up on one of the newer data plans, you won't be able to go back to unlimited. Just a little something should you decide to stay with AT&T.
    The problem with this is that once you start getting up there in the monthly data transfer...say greater than 10 or 20 GB used that month, they will throttle back your speeds. I know someone that has done the jailbreaking and he uses it for his online gaming for the first couple of weeks of the month. After that, he has transferred enough data for them to throttle back his connection and he cannot effectively connect at a fast enough speed for his online gaming.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

Iphones can be used as a hotspot for up to 5 devices without jail breaking your phone providing you have the current software update and pay for a data plan that allows you to do it.
    Jason R.

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    I just got a Sprint 4G hotspot and it cost me only $1 for the device and the service is cheap for unlimited 4G data. I use it for my iPad and it is much MUCH better than getting an iPad with 3G built into it.
    I bought a sprint 4g internet card last year and they still don't provide 4g in San Diego like they promised.

Also, I just moved into a new neighborhood and my Sprint phone drops calls like crazy. Sprint sent me an airwave signal booster, but service still sucks. I think I may have to end my contract with them and go with Verizon.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

It looks like Verizon has 4g all over San Diego - https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...datacoverage4g

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    I bought a sprint 4g internet card last year and they still don't provide 4g in San Diego like they promised.

Also, I just moved into a new neighborhood and my Sprint phone drops calls like crazy. Sprint sent me an airwave signal booster, but service still sucks. I think I may have to end my contract with them and go with Verizon.
    Sprint World Headquarters located in a KC suburb. Sprint spends a lot of money with me. I'm a little biased towards Sprint because of the amount of business they do with me. I like to do business with the people that do business with me.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service