Thread: '00 Navigator suspension

Default '00 Navigator suspension

2000 Lincoln Navigator (non stretched) 4x4

I recently put new Monroe shocks all the way around. Air shocks front, standard shocks rear. Ever since we did this, this thing is all over the road. Going down the road, it seems to just sway from one side to the other. One person has told me we need to use OEM Ford shocks. Anyone had this problem, or know of a solution?
    Jerry Thomas

After market air shocks on the front? Where you fill the shocks yourself? I have always heard you should not have air shocks on the front.

No, you do not fill them yourself. It is a factory air suspension system, just like on the Town Cars. Except, on the 4 wheel drive models, it uses air shocks on the front and air bags on the rear.
    Jerry Thomas

Jerry, I put Monroes on all four corners of a '99 Expedition with air suspension, and it was acting the way you described. We put factor Fords on and it corrected the problem. I can't explain why, but it's what happened.

Thanks Phil! I was afraid of that. That is exactly the same thing I was told by someone else. They had no idea why either, but when they went with the factory ones, it corrected itself. I would have done that to begin with, but even at wholesale, they are much higher priced.
    Jerry Thomas