Thread: She lost her Purse at the party

Banned
    9626 E Arkansas place Denver Colorado 80247

Default She lost her Purse at the party

Hey how do you convince your passenger " drank ".....that her purse was lost some were else

It shouldnt matter, if you didnt find it on the limo and return it your contract should say that you are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

This why the driver in front of the whole group at the end of the night say "Did anyone forget anything?" and always look through the limo while the client is standing there.

If you tried to convince them it would probably just make you look guilty. I get this multiple times every week and I just tell them that we aren't responsible for their items and that we didn't find anything.

Right Brandon... but the real key here is you looked.

You may or may not be responsible for the loss but you do have certain responsibilities and to make sure you're doing everything to help reduce the chance of loss or theft. A good example of this is drivers who leave the vehicle unattended while it's out on a job, or something seemingly honest and harmless like allowing passersby to look or step inside the vehicle (and you all know it happens, and when it does, any scare-tactic language in your contract is written in invisible ink).

It isn't enough to say you "are not responsible" and make that the end of it all, if your interested in covering yourself. I'd suggest that if you haven't already, you should establish a policy among your employees for Lost and Found items that you can "check", and a policy where your employees are to report and turn in any found items. It would also be an excellent opportunity to remind your employees of safety, security and privacy.

Having said all that, Karim101... you don't have to convince her it was lost somewhere else... just that you have checked YOUR space, and nothing was discovered.
    Karl Jones

Yeah I always double check and I even pull the seats apart if someone says they lost something because sometimes things will fall under the seats. I have a policy with a check list on the drivers trip report that they are to check the vehicle for belongings before they pull away from the drop off location. Of course it's hard to enforce things like that when you have a bunch of drivers and a majority of them have a hard time following all of your directions. It does save the hassle from having to meet customers at the office on Sunday to give them a phone/keys and having to mail things back to them if followed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Right Brandon... but the real key here is you looked.

You may or may not be responsible for the loss but you do have certain responsibilities and to make sure you're doing everything to help reduce the chance of loss or theft. A good example of this is drivers who leave the vehicle unattended while it's out on a job, or something seemingly honest and harmless like allowing passersby to look or step inside the vehicle (and you all know it happens, and when it does, any scare-tactic language in your contract is written in invisible ink).

It isn't enough to say you "are not responsible" and make that the end of it all, if your interested in covering yourself. I'd suggest that if you haven't already, you should establish a policy among your employees for Lost and Found items that you can "check", and a policy where your employees are to report and turn in any found items. It would also be an excellent opportunity to remind your employees of safety, security and privacy.

Having said all that, Karim101... you don't have to convince her it was lost somewhere else... just that you have checked YOUR space, and nothing was discovered.
    Invisible ink is right. A lot of people think that just because something is in a contract that it is enforceable or protects them. This is not so. Contracts "help" to enforce policies, and "help" to protect you, but don't count on them 100%.

A lot of limo companies will book hourly jobs for the whole night and then try and fit in a transfer in between(concerts and such). If a client is missing an item that should have been safe in the back of the limo during one of these greedy runs, they have a good case to blame the limo company because of gross negligence. Another scenario would be if they dug up that the chauffeur had a long criminal history for burglary. That would show some serious negligence on the owners part.

Items left in the limo are part of the business and we just need to try and be as professional as we can to avoid it and/or rectify the situation to try and make the client happy.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

This is so weird. I was going to start a new post. I took 4 people wine tasting yesterday and then dropped them off at a restaurant. I was waiting for them to finish and the phone rings. "My wife can't find her ($5K+) diamond ring. Can you look in the limo?" It wasn't there. I looked. A lot. It hasn't been found yet. I am an owner/operator and I know I didn't take the ring but I can imagine how awkward it could be if the driver were an employee and the customers were acusing him of something. This is a nightmare scenario. Just make sure your contract language is right and for God's sake, when you have customers belongings in the car keep the damn doors locked and don't let anyone else in the f-ing car.

How do you lose your $5,000 diamond ring? that almost sounds like a scam...
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

I don't know how you lose a ring like that. I don't know why she was even wearing it. But they had been drinking quite a bit. They are not accusing me of anything but believe me I'm going to start paying attention to the jewelry that the customers are wearing.

I can't understand why people bring anything of value with them that they don't need when they are going out drinking.

I had a run for a promoter at a club who invited a bunch of people just to fill the bus, from the way they all acted I thought they all knew each other. One lady came to me at the end of the run and said somebody stole $1300 out of her purse & wanted to know why I let someone get in her purse. I told her that no one outside of their group was on the bus and that it had to be one of her friends that took it. She said "I don't know these people".

Chances are she never had the money in the first place, but why would anyone leave anything valuable on a bus with even 1 stranger?
    Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC
    http://www.dunlaplimo.com

Quote Originally Posted by First Class Limos View Post

Hubby did a wedding once, picked up the broomsmen, dropped them at the church then cleaned up through the car before returning to get the bride and bridesmaids and found the bride's wedding rings which the best man forgot in the limo. It was a very, very expensive engagement and wedding ring set! He gave it to the bride when he picked up the girls, telling her she may need this.........She was upset that the bestman was irresponsible, but so thankful Rick found it.

I can see a girl loosing her ring, if it's a bit big, she may have dieted to fit into the little party dress and if cold outside too, it could fall off her finger. (the gals on here will understand)

Kathy
    City Heat Limousine

Many gals leave their purses, camera, gifts, shopping bags etc. in the limos during events. Sometimes part of the group wants to come back and sit/drink in the limo instead of the bar, and that's a precarious situation for the drivers....even if those in the group are friends. Agreed, the contract needs to state not responsible for lost or stolen items and of course have employees who are honest enough to return anything found in the vehicles...even the detailers need to be on board with this. They often find things left behind under the bar or between the seat that the drivers miss.

Kathy
    City Heat Limousine

Andy , now I know how you bought those hats at Party City . The PINK one cost a lot I bet HA HA

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by First Class Limos View Post
    Alot of people carry insurance on rings.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com