Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Car Wi- Fi

Default In Car Wi- Fi

We just added in car Wi fi to our sedans, it's costing us 17/$23 a month per car and supports up to 5 devices in the car.... We're sending a mail shot to all our existing corporate customs plus accounts that we would like to have as I believe this is a major selling point for us .... Your thoughts please..
    Myles Flood
    Limos for Less
    www.lflcs.com
    www.limosforless.ie
    Dublin's Award Winning Limousine Service.

Personally speaking this wouldn't be much of a game changer for me. But good luck with it.
    Karl Jones

I'm with Karl on this one. I really don't know how much of a game changer this would be. Most corporate travelers are already equipped with broadband cards so they can conduct business on the road.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Most of our business customers are traveling from overseas so don't have international broadband on their devices a typical customer arrives from The States on a red and has been out of contact for 7-9 hours so may want to check email etc, and while it may not be for everybody I do think it shows customers that we are always looking for ways to improve their experience with us..
    Myles Flood
    Limos for Less
    www.lflcs.com
    www.limosforless.ie

Quote Originally Posted by DublinLimo View Post
    Most of our business customers are traveling from overseas so don't have international broadband on their devices a typical customer arrives from The States on a red and has been out of contact for 7-9 hours so may want to check email etc, and while it may not be for everybody I do think it shows customers that we are always looking for ways to improve their experience with us..
    Then this makes sense. Let us know how it goes.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Blog Entries

We find that having a hot cup of Tim Horton's coffee for our early morning corporate clients does the trick :-)

Probabbly great for overseas companies that deal with international travelers, though!

we do have a few regular customers that will call once they have collected their bags and on the way to customs and we know how they take their coffee so the starbucks is waiting as they exit customs
    Myles Flood
    Limos for Less
    www.lflcs.com
    www.limosforless.ie

Not a major selling point.... UNLESS - you have a huge sicker on your car promoting it.... just kidding. Do not do that.
    ProLivery has been providing corporate transportation and executive chauffeur services to clients nationwide for 20 years!

Email a survey to each customer for the next 6 months and ask 1) if they knew the car had free wi-fi and 2) if they took advantage of the free wi-fi.

After you collect some data you can determine if the gamble on monthly expense was worth the investment.
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

Banned
    9626 E Arkansas place Denver Colorado 80247

Great idea i think that every little think help, i had a customer that needed the wifi i had to give him my phone to check his e mail and boy was he happy....

Considering that most travelers have a service for there Ipads and what not, and considering the travel time for the trips. Would the amount your paying be cost effective for your guest in the vehicles. I live in Vegas and most trips usually last about 12-15minutes and most people who are using the limousine service here are mostly going out to night clubs, strip clubs and don't usually bring Ipads/Laptops. So, for my market it would not be cost effective for me.

All tho I'm not aware of the other states/countries that this would be useful for.
    To customize your Limousine Fleet Limo Parts Store or for replacement Parts/Accesories

I had to share this new way of wifi. I have and Android phone and I download this app that deals with settings and allows you to push a button and then your phone is a hot spot. You can lock it. It really works great. I am using Virgin Mobile's Androids and pay $25 a month for unlimited web. The app is called quick settings, let me know if you need help getting it setup. It's easy. I am on my laptop using the wifi to post this.

It looses the wifi connection if you are talking on the phone.