Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Jagged Edge" Party Bus build...

Blog Entries

Default The "Jagged Edge" Party Bus build...

Rick, since you posted yours, I will post mine. Here are some pics from the newest Premier Party Bus...

That ceiling is going to look cool.

Looks cool. Kinda man cave look Looks a little like the conversion you guys did on Andys bus. Works great for small bus space & groups You going to do a pink one. Dayton is prime for one like we talked about last year

Blog Entries

Nope, Covey is building a Pink bus right now, so I will not do a Pink one. I don't see where this one looks anything like the Cantina (Andy's bus), I see this one as being a mix between the Wave and the Palace bus, with a jagged twist.

It looks a little southwest style right now but that will all change once everything is covered and the wood is not shown.

Blog Entries

Current plans are that the "pole" will be mounted in the middle where the wider section is on the ceiling. The rear has a 9" monitor with a built-in DVD player which will run the DVD on the front 32" LED-LCD TV also. This bus also has 3 lasers inside (one in each side of the front walls and 1 in the rear center of the back window). There will be a switch for the clients to activate/de-activate) if they don't like it.

The front divider wall is not flat or straight, I built it on an angle to accent the jagged design. There isn't much in this bus with straight lines.

This week I will start tearing it back down for covering and running the wires for everything.

How many passengers will that one be set up for 14 ?
    Last edited by Pyro; March 20th, 2011 at 11:01 AM.

Blog Entries

This one has 16 seats installed.

You might want to check. Andy ran into problem getting his bus recertified to add more seats. Insurance told him a bus Manufacturer had to recertifie his bus to add more seats than the manufacture built it to hold. Since your two new ones are 14 you might have the same trouble to be able to run legal. Just a thought before you get to deep into the build

Blog Entries

Andy's bus was built with 20+ seats so he should not have any problems.

I have spoken to the upper powers, it should not be a problem. If they do decide on inspection that this is a problem, I simply remove the rear seats (already have a cool plan for something else there). It really does not matter to me since my buses may all be for sale shortly. I may not even go through inspection with these two before they are sold.

I have tossed the idea around about selling all buses and purchasing a second limousine. Then just build a bus now and then to re-sell and stay out of the bus rental world. More vehicles on the road is a pain in the booty, I think two limousines would be just fine.
    Last edited by Digger; March 20th, 2011 at 03:53 PM.

Hey Digger, I am having problems with seating capacity and insurance now, thanks to our old insurance agent.
    Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC
    http://www.dunlaplimo.com

Really Digger, sell ALL the buses? More buses does mean more headaches but it also means more $$$!!!!
    Rick M.
    Corpus Christi Party Bus
    361-765-4997
    www.ccpartybus.com
    www.corpuschristipartybus.com

Operator in Cincy told me today that an illegal service going over to K Y got busted and fined 8000.00 . He was a happy camper

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    It really does not matter to me since my buses may all be for sale shortly. I may not even go through inspection with these two before they are sold.

I have tossed the idea around about selling all buses and purchasing a second limousine. Then just build a bus now and then to re-sell and stay out of the bus rental world. More vehicles on the road is a pain in the booty, I think two limousines would be just fine.
    Please explain, as stretch limo operators with only 2 busses we see it just the opposite

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    Operator in Cincy told me today that an illegal service going over to K Y got busted and fined 8000.00 . He was a happy camper
    Glad I don't do that anymore.

I wish I could believe you