Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone using PaymentMax for CC processing?

Blog Entries

I tried the Square thing last night for the first time by running my own card for $1.00, this thing is super simple and I really like it.

I have been using gopayment.com and have been pleased so far.

I tried a test charge using Square as well and it worked fine except it took a little longer for the money to show up in my account than I thought it would. About 2 days but it is there. Really easy.

Chase has an offer to give you $250 if they can't beat your current rate. But the deal breaker for me was they wanted a 3 year contract. I'm currently with Blue Pay and they don't have a contract. Chase told me to be wary of companies that don't have contracts. I laughed and told them that if a company gave good service, they didn't need to worry about people wanting to leave. Any of you know whats up with companies thinking they can lock us in with them in these competitive days?
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    Chase has an offer to give you $250 if they can't beat your current rate. But the deal breaker for me was they wanted a 3 year contract. I'm currently with Blue Pay and they don't have a contract. Chase told me to be wary of companies that don't have contracts. I laughed and told them that if a company gave good service, they didn't need to worry about people wanting to leave. Any of you know whats up with companies thinking they can lock us in with them in these competitive days?
    I'm guessing there is a monthly fee attached whether you use them or let it go dormant? If so, how far would the $250 go to pay for it (probably not 3 years worth, but maybe worth enough to try?)
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    I'm guessing there is a monthly fee attached whether you use them or let it go dormant? If so, how far would the $250 go to pay for it (probably not 3 years worth, but maybe worth enough to try?)
    No, the $250 is of they can't beat your current percentages.

www.limokings.net

I might try to get the $ 250 My rate at a flat 25.00 plus .10 per swipe might get me some money . It is the best we have looked at for us. Blows PayPal & Square out of the water . Get my money most days in 24 hr or less. Puts more money in my pocket. Andy compared it to his PayPal . He is ready to get started. He just has been to busy get set up this past week & a half . Our clients love the system and that makes us very happy.

Well I've been using Square for the last few weeks now, it's not bad at all. The only complaint is when using the app on an Ipad I cannot add notes to the transactions though I'm able to do so with the same app on my Iphone.

Intuit Gopayment looks very similar. 1.7% for swiped transactions, 2.7% for keyed sales. You have to use their accounting software however, $9.95 per month and $12.95 per month merchant fee. (No contract required) There is also a .30c per transaction fee but even with those costs it still is considerably cheaper to use them over Square even with my humble monthly bookings.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    I might try to get the $ 250 My rate at a flat 25.00 plus .10 per swipe might get me some money . It is the best we have looked at for us. Blows PayPal & Square out of the water . Get my money most days in 24 hr or less. Puts more money in my pocket. Andy compared it to his PayPal . He is ready to get started. He just has been to busy get set up this past week & a half . Our clients love the system and that makes us very happy.
    I'm looking at National Processing Solutions also, since I already own a FD400 it would be an easy transition. How long have you been with them and what are their rates? Is a contract required also?

Sedan Guy, We have been with them for about a year now. They have been great to work with. Our contact person has been super. Very quick to help with any questions we have had. We pay a flat 25.00 per month and .10 per transaction. We are a small market service and do not average more than about 15 CC transactions per month. I know some on here do that much in a day. We still get a lot of checks. We still even take cash with proper I D. NPS has been the best by far for us to keep more money in our pocket. We get our money in 24 hours or less most of the time. We use the pocket swiper with customer and then plug it in to our terminal to process. Email receipt has been a big hit with our clients

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    Chase told me to be wary of companies that don't have contracts.
    Thats hilarious and makes no sense at all. If they were so sure of their service and rates they wouldn't need to lock you into a 3 year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    Thats hilarious and makes no sense at all. If they were so sure of their service and rates they wouldn't need to lock you into a 3 year contract.
    It is hilarious. He also tried to turn it around on me and tell me that I too make clients sign a contract to rent a limo. I told him if a client wasn't happy with my service, or was suspicious of signing my contract, I would deal with them personally and do what I have to do to make them happy(unless I thought they were scammers). I've told many clients, that feel weird about the forced gratuity up front, that if they feel I did a bad job, to let me know and get their money back. I'm not in the business to make people regret hiring me.

Also, my buddy at Chase said they just stopped requiring locked in contracts as of this week. So I'm probably gonna give them a try.

www.limokings.net

The company that specializes in our industry is Century Business Solutions in CA. They probably have more limo companies than anyone else and they have never required a contract.

The more I check the various options the more it seems Square is the way to go. Plenty of low introductory rates out there but only for "qualified" transactions, business CC don't qualify which is the majority of my transactions. 2.7% swiped rate with zero additional fees is looking like the best deal for me right now.

I use it on my Ipad, customers seem to like it, receipts can go to cell phones, email or I can produce a manual hard copy if they prefer with little trouble. Money is in the bank in about 2-3 days. After a 2 week test drive it has worked flawlessly.., for right now I'm gonna stay with it.

Try Chris Burke 866-481-4604 ext 213
    North American Bancard

Free Equipment
    Rates as low as 1.05% $500 GuaranteeIf we can't beat your current rate, we'll give you $500