Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chrysler 300 Stretches vs. Lincoln Towncar Stretches

Default Chrysler 300 Stretches vs. Lincoln Towncar Stretches

I have a question for all of the operators out there...we are in the market for a newer vehicle, and the 300 has a really sharp look to them...my question is...what do you think the pros vs. the cons are to the 300 over the Lincoln?

No operators in our area run the 300 stretch, and I am not sure if they know something that i don't in terms of repairs and down time?

Any suggestions will help!!

This old debate. If you want a work horse that will be easy to get in and out of driveways, comfortable to drive and easily last 300,000 miles with proper service Town Car. If you want to look cool, find driveways dificult because it is so low, replace lots of parts and be junk by 200,000 miles buy a 300.

Arrow

Well Said

The 300 sells better than my lincolns...generates a higher revenue per /hour. I bought new so it repairs have been minimal; but I would doubt the car 300s will hold up like a lincoln...mine has ab. 50K on it; so I can't report long term wear....they are still badass..you will always need a lincoln.

I see a lot 300 v6 stretch were made I won't take chances with a v6, don't see many v8 but I assume if you get a v8 hemi in the 300 you will be good. People like this car it really looks sharp even when is not a premium car in quality but it got the look

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tampalimo View Post
    I see a lot 300 v6 stretch were made I won't take chances with a v6, don't see many v8 but I assume if you get a v8 hemi in the 300 you will be good. People like this car it really looks sharp even when is not a premium car in quality but it got the look
    You assume the Chrysler 300 V8 HEMI will be good...Good at sucking fuel, but as Mr. Scott said they are "Bad @ss looking"
    Badger State Limousine Service
    "When nothing less than perfection will do"
    (414)-GO-GO-RED (414)-464-6733
    www. BADGERSTATELIMO.com

http://www.Badgerstatelimo.com
    http://www.MILWAUKEEWISCONSINLIMO.com

I was debating stretching my rt charger which is basically the same as the 300 but quickly decided against it . It would look great bust as a new company I think I need a low maintenance long term vehicle. While the charger (or your 300) will be an easy sell the Lincoln will long outlast it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MrQ45Limo View Post
    You assume the Chrysler 300 V8 HEMI will be good...Good at sucking fuel, but as Mr. Scott said they are "Bad @ss looking"
    You are absolutely right! My hemi sucks down gas like its nothing. Its soooo much fun but lately has been costing as much as it is fun.

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

There are a couple of really detailed threads on this. I haven't had a chance to check out the new 300, but there are some possible problems with the "old" generation if not built correctly. As far as getting into driveways: ours sits relatively low, but have had only minimal problems grounding out when loaded (140" stretch). The 300 is 20" shorter than the LTC. Our 140" 300 is the same length bumper to bumper as our 120" LTC (28 feet bumper to bumper). The wheelbase is longer, which with lack of experience can be slighter more difficult when going around corners (backing into driveways), but I have not had any trouble getting around. The outside looks are awesome. People love the looks of it. The only major mechanical problems we have had (ours is a V6) are the driveshaft (see http://www.limousinesonline.com/show...ight=vibration), to access the spark plugs (our cars often idle alot due to the cold and hot weather) you have to take off the upper intake manifold (2 out of the 6 are accessible without), and the front end (suspension parts, etc.) is no where near as durable (or made for the extra weight) as the LTCs designed to be stretched. I would buy another one again depending on the quality of the build with keeping in mind that there could be some extra maintenance costs - just make sure to check it out good before purchasing.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

I live in Ontario, Canada and we aren't allowed to import 300s from the US...my dilemma is this rules out the ECB, Tiffany and Krystals (in my opinion the better builders). What I am fighting with is should I get a 300 that is built here that I think (again, in my own opinion) that the quality is far inferior to the vehicles in the US, but has that WOW factor...or should I get another LTC built by a builder who I really like, but sets me among the common vehicles in the region...There are no 300s with 60miles of us.

Quote Originally Posted by gfurt View Post
    I live in Ontario, Canada and we aren't allowed to import 300s from the US...my dilemma is this rules out the ECB, Tiffany and Krystals (in my opinion the better builders). What I am fighting with is should I get a 300 that is built here that I think (again, in my own opinion) that the quality is far inferior to the vehicles in the US, but has that WOW factor...or should I get another LTC built by a builder who I really like, but sets me among the common vehicles in the region...There are no 300s with 60miles of us.
    I think that Krystal stopped building them due to warranty problems.

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Get a '11 MKT stretched.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    Get a '11 MKT stretched.
    Won't be QVM. It would have to be done in Canada.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    Won't be QVM. It would have to be done in Canada.
    Whereas QVM is applicable only to Ford, this is correct. The other point to make is that Chrysler does not have its own comparable Quality Vehicle Modifer program. Thus, while the LTC purchased through Ford Fleet will come with a 4 year, 150,000 mile warranty, the 300 will not have a similar warranty.

Something else I recall but don't have numbers to back it up with, the turning radius on the 300 is noticably larger than the LTC.
    Who dares wins.