Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not price fixing, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    The first thing I did, after you brought up the Sherman Act, was look it up on Wikipedia and check myself. I found nothing there incriminating me. Please point out what part you think I am in violation of.
    As I stated in my first responce, this comes "awfully close" to being in violation. This forum is a prime example of people in an industry getting together to discuss things relevant to the industry. There is nothing wrong until competing parties start discussing pricing to the extent that the parties agree on setting their pricing.

Please feel free to ignore my "warning" if you feel I am totally out of line. Please conduct any meetings with your local competition to come to an agreement with them on pricing strategies. I have given my opinion, but realize I may have touched a nerve. I cannot state that you are in violation and have no intention of reporting this. Based on the initial responce from others, I just thought others may wish to know what could happen if they addressed the issue incorrectly.
    Who dares wins.

I think it would be a "stretch" (get it) to implicate a price fixing scam as applied to "luxury" transportation . Again, "luxury" by definition is something which exceeds basic requirements. People are free to choose other methods of public & non public transportation options. Luxury is simply an upscale option.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Quote Originally Posted by Brian K View Post
    As I stated in my first responce, this comes "awfully close" to being in violation. This forum is a prime example of people in an industry getting together to discuss things relevant to the industry. There is nothing wrong until competing parties start discussing pricing to the extent that the parties agree on setting their pricing.

Please feel free to ignore my "warning" if you feel I am totally out of line. Please conduct any meetings with your local competition to come to an agreement with them on pricing strategies. I have given my opinion, but realize I may have touched a nerve. I cannot state that you are in violation and have no intention of reporting this. Based on the initial responce from others, I just thought others may wish to know what could happen if they addressed the issue incorrectly.
    Not only will I not ignore your warning, but I really do welcome and appreciate it. The "nerve" that you touched was just my defensive reaction because your warning seemed more like an accusation when you said, "There is no way thinking along these lines should be promoted or endorsed.". Other than that, I appreciate input from the Devil's advocate.

Gunny brings up a great point with "luxury transportation". You can't set a price across the line with all companies. Each company has a different level of service to sell at a different level of value. True luxury servers would never price match in the first place. Dean Schuler said to leave those clients for the civvies and share croppers.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Default Good news to great news.

So I mentioned how another company told a caller I had the best service and she booked a wine tour with me. Well she told me the other companies(plural) told her. So I just got another farm from another company and he asked me if the Alabama girl booked with me. I asked him how he knew about her, and he told me he told her I was the best. So needless to say, I'm having a good day and feeling that my dream may come true faster than expected(patting myself on the back).

www.limokings.net

Sounds like you are working with some upstanding companies there ! Congrats! We have some like that here in our area and we work together very well. When we are booked we refer clients to our list of "approved" affiliates and explain they will be treated to the same service and quality and clean well maintained vehicle as ours. There are still some upstanding, quality people out there in the business!!! Congrats to you for being one of them and having that reputation among your peers!

Did you go to the Proud Bird last night? Wondering how the GCLA meeting went and the info. shared about being legal for school dances, as well as proposed new legislation regarding party buses. Maybe they will recap it at the April meeting here in our area @ SF.

Kathy
    City Heat Limousine

Quote Originally Posted by City Heat View Post
    Sounds like you are working with some upstanding companies there ! Congrats! We have some like that here in our area and we work together very well. When we are booked we refer clients to our list of "approved" affiliates and explain they will be treated to the same service and quality and clean well maintained vehicle as ours. There are still some upstanding, quality people out there in the business!!! Congrats to you for being one of them and having that reputation among your peers!

Did you go to the Proud Bird last night? Wondering how the GCLA meeting went and the info. shared about being legal for school dances, as well as proposed new legislation regarding party buses. Maybe they will recap it at the April meeting here in our area @ SF.

Kathy
    City Heat Limousine
    No, I played poker at a friends house and won $350 instead. But hopefully they'll recap it here in San Diego also.

I just had a customer(yeah right) call me yesterday asking for a quote. They mentioned another company that quoted them higher and asked me what I thought of said company. It wasn't a company I was familiar with, but had heard of. So I was nice and told them I hadn't heard anything bad about them, but honestly knew nothing about them. They sounded defensive and told me that the company had many vehicles and had been in business many years. So I reassured them that it was a good thing that I hadn't heard anything bad about them and that they were probably a good company. I'm guessing it was the company price checking me. But even if I don't like another company, I try not to trash talk. It just makes you sound dirty.

www.limokings.net