Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how long will it last

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    I saw one from a local company in the Dayton area (out of business now) that had... 706k on it. The car still looked good. The driver said that it had went through a few transmissions and rear-ends but that the engine was still the original plant.
    I know that car wasn't made at 3:30 pm on a friday. That is incredible way to go FORD!
    Badger State Limousine Service
    "When nothing less than perfection will do"
    (414)-GO-GO-RED (414)-464-6733
    www. BADGERSTATELIMO.com

http://www.Badgerstatelimo.com
    http://www.MILWAUKEEWISCONSINLIMO.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax Limo View Post
    This is so true. In NYC and especially Atlantic City they call 230k almost broken in! If worse came to worse you could get a reman'd long block from Rock Auto for just over $2k. Try getting an engine for that price on a cadillac or mercedes.
    Cadillacs needs Caddy engines. Same with the Benz. Lincoln uses a Ford engine...and one that is used in A LOT of vehicles. It's hard to drive a mile down the street without finding multiple cars using the 4.6L V8.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Blog Entries

I had a 2005 Lincoln Towncar Executive that was previously used in the industry. It was properly maintained with the oil changes done every 3,000 miles and services at the Lincoln dealership. My former employer retired the vehicle and it became used as my personal daily driver. It had 310,000 miles on it and when I sold it, it was approaching 350,000. The interior was still so immaculate that you wouldn't be able to tell me if it had over 80,000 miles on it! The only thing I had to replace was the suspension which was around a 600$ hit. The engine and transmission (I believe the tranny was rebuilt 2 times at this point) were still going strong. I regret selling it.

I think it really comes down to how well the car is maintained and driven. Like age, mileage is only a number!
    Last edited by metropro; January 31st, 2011 at 09:55 AM.

I know several people running TCs with over 300k on them. As long as you change the oil regularly, and keep an eye on transmission fluid you could go another 100-150k in my book. You also should be able to get an engine replaced or the tranny for around 1500 a piece (If you look around a lot) I love TCs because as long as the body/interior is good you're fine. Eveybody and their momma knows how to swap these engines and they are very plentiful so its cheaper than normal. I have owned/worked on Town Cars since 1994 so I know a LOT about them. I took my personal TC to Brandywine Used Auto Parts and got a new used engine installed for less than $1500.

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

Our sedan just hit 280k. Still runs and looks like new and still has the original tranny, motor and rear end. It's all about the maintenance. We plan on running it for another 100k before we get a new one.

Like others said it all depends on how it was taken care of. But out of any car on the market the Lincoln Town Cars hold up really well. Not many cars on the road that hold up with 200-400K miles and still run and look good. Just like anything else there will be additional expenses you didn’t plan for. New cars come with high payments and little to no maintenance expenses for the first few years. Used cars come with lower payments and more maintenance expenses, it’s a trade off.

If you can afford it, buy the newest lowest mileage cars you can, if you can’t buy what ever you can to get in the game. If you need a town car in your fleet based on current demand an older high mileage sedan is way better than no sedan because you can’t afford to buy a new one. Get in the game then start saving to replace your older car with a newer one as the money starts to come it.
    Daytona Limos
    Daytona Beach Limo Service
    Nationwide 800-296-1990
    Need limo service outside of Daytona Beach?
    Palm Coast Limo
    Orlando Limo
    Jacksonville Limo
    Daytona Limo
    Palatka Limo
    Titusville Limo
    Palm Coast Limousines

A car will run as long as you take care of it..the problem is you never know exactly what you get when buying used...but a lil TLC can go a long way with a LTC....a new paint job and updates (if needed) on a car with 200-400k can look better than a new one with 5,000 miles.
    Tamekius Breland
    Certified Limousine Service
    Toll Free-800-643-0991
    Ph-704-458-9900
    Fx- 704-245-6581
    www.certifiedlimousines.com
    info@certifiedlimousines.com
    facebook.com/certifiedlimousineservice
    "Step Into Luxury"

Quote Originally Posted by kawan27 View Post
    if i buy a well maintained 2006 town car with 230,000 thosand miles on it how long will i be able to run if i maintain it well
    It all depends.
    For example, I got a brand new 2011 L Town car on Dec 2010 and with my best driver it already has 30K miles. So if it will keep up like this it will only last me 4-5 years.

When it becomes a liability.. get rid of it.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    When it becomes a liability.. get rid of it.
    No doubt!!
    Tamekius Breland
    Certified Limousine Service
    Toll Free-800-643-0991
    Ph-704-458-9900
    Fx- 704-245-6581
    www.certifiedlimousines.com
    info@certifiedlimousines.com
    facebook.com/certifiedlimousineservice
    "Step Into Luxury"