Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how long will it last

Default how long will it last

if i buy a well maintained 2006 town car with 230,000 thosand miles on it how long will i be able to run if i maintain it well

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kawan27 View Post
    if i buy a well maintained 2006 town car with 230,000 thosand miles on it how long will i be able to run if i maintain it well
    Maybe delete one of these threads?
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Blog Entries

This is almost impossible to answer Kawan well maintained or not we are talking about a car here. If the Body is sound, and electronically trouble free, Goes down the road STRAIGHT (No dog tracking) Never been involved in an accident. There are so many variables to consider. I can tell you this 230,000 is a heck of alot of miles on any vehicle especially on a commercial vehicle. Lincoln Town Cars are pretty dependable they are called "The work horse" of this industry for a reason. You can always replace a motor & transmission, you can replace Ball Joints and steering parts, you can even replace a worn out seat...But this all costs money any way you look at it. You have to understand one of the main things about this business is reliability and being on time. Can you trust 230,000 miles? My advice is if you are just starting out you might want to think about something with less miles. Now this is just my opinion, and after 20+ years and being a second generation Limousine owner, all I can say is old vehicles cost money no two ways about it, but then again new vehicles can cost you too.
    Last edited by MrQ45Limo; January 29th, 2011 at 06:18 PM.
    Badger State Limousine Service
    "When nothing less than perfection will do"
    (414)-GO-GO-RED (414)-464-6733
    www. BADGERSTATELIMO.com

http://www.Badgerstatelimo.com
    http://www.MILWAUKEEWISCONSINLIMO.com

Better to post this question on a Town Car specific forum. But for what it's worth, depends on how well maintained it was kept. Don't forger to factor in that it was driven by a variety of individuals and most people here will tell you want that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Personal Chauffeur View Post
    Better to post this question on a Town Car specific forum.
    Why?

Also, below is my response to this duplicate thread in the General Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    No one can truly answer that. The best way to answer that, I feel, is that your odds just went up exponentially that something major (engine, trans, rearend) could poop out on you. It could last another 230K or it could cost you an arm and a leg for the next 50K. Life is about risks, figure out your odds, what the investment is going to cost you both on the light end and the high end, and then make an educated guess on what you should do. Good luck!
    Rich Rottier

Very good points i will just have to figure out where my dollars are the most useful a car that is in the repair shop does me no good no matter how good of a deal it was when i got it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    Why?

Also, below is my response to this duplicate thread in the General Forum.
    I totally agree...It's a crap shoot just waking up in the morning in this Industry
    Badger State Limousine Service
    "When nothing less than perfection will do"
    (414)-GO-GO-RED (414)-464-6733
    www. BADGERSTATELIMO.com

http://www.Badgerstatelimo.com
    http://www.MILWAUKEEWISCONSINLIMO.com

Blog Entries

Cool 2006 tc

Quote Originally Posted by kawan27 View Post
    Are you running a Limo service or a Taxi service?

I have seen several LTCs used for livery operations with 400k+ on them. In NYC, I have seen some for sale that have 500k+. It is not unheard of for them to go that far with original engine and transmission. The tricky part is going to be knowing how well that car was treated during the 230k that you don't know about. The foot of the driver makes a huge difference on the life of a vehicle.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    I have seen several LTCs used for livery operations with 400k+ on them. In NYC, I have seen some for sale that have 500k+. It is not unheard of for them to go that far with original engine and transmission. The tricky part is going to be knowing how well that car was treated during the 230k that you don't know about. The foot of the driver makes a huge difference on the life of a vehicle.
    This is so true. In NYC and especially Atlantic City they call 230k almost broken in! If worse came to worse you could get a reman'd long block from Rock Auto for just over $2k. Try getting an engine for that price on a cadillac or mercedes.
    FAIRFAX LIMO - Northern Virginia and Washington DC Limo Service

Lincoln TC (Executive) - multiple
    Lincoln TC (Executive L) - multiple
    Lincoln TC 100" Stretch by US Coachworks
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by DaBryan
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by Krystal (2)
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by Executive
    Lincoln TC 72" Stretch by Krystal
    Ford Excursion 180" by Legendary
    Hummer H2 200" by Krystal
    Hummer H2 180" by Craftsmen
    K33 Limobus/Party Bus (F550) by Krystal

Fairfax Limo also offers Virginia Wine Tours

Nothing personal towards anyone here Rich but car specific forums are filled with motor heads, myself included. For example, I work on my own personal vehicles, a 5 series BMW, Corvette, motorcycle and jet boat and I'm blown away when I post threads about a specific issue I'm may be having with one of the vehicles and receive feedback. I just think Kawan27 will get valuable information relating to his question which is quite different than posting a question about the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Personal Chauffeur View Post
    Nothing personal towards anyone here Rich but car specific forums are filled with motor heads, myself included. For example, I work on my own personal vehicles, a 5 series BMW, Corvette, motorcycle and jet boat and I'm blown away when I post threads about a specific issue I'm may be having with one of the vehicles and receive feedback. I just think Kawan27 will get valuable information relating to his question which is quite different than posting a question about the industry.
    I also work/have worked on my own personal (and business) vehicles for as long as I can remember (I will refrain from listing everything I have in detail as I do not see the importance here - which, by the way, you didn't specify what kind of motorcycle...does it not deserve the same props as your other toys?) and also feel that this far from qualifies me from even pretending to be a mechanic. But, I would think this would actually be a better forum for this question as most mechanics probably do not have much experience with vehicles over 100K miles, whereas I would guess most of the members on this forum either have/had/or know companies that have/had the experience of owning Town Cars (specifically) with over 100K. Either forum would be good, I was just curious why you were so quick before many posts where made. Thank you for clarifying. Oh, and I do not believe we ever had a chance to welcome you. Welcome.
    Last edited by Cedar Mill Limousine; January 30th, 2011 at 05:36 PM.
    Rich Rottier

Rich@Cedar Mill,
    My bike is a customized Shadow 1100 ACE. lol And thanks for the welcome, looking forward to future exchanges.

I've seen town cars with ridiculous amounts of miles. But, like everyone else said, theres just too many factors to give any real answer.

Blog Entries

I saw one from a local company in the Dayton area (out of business now) that had... 706k on it. The car still looked good. The driver said that it had went through a few transmissions and rear-ends but that the engine was still the original plant.