Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: farm out for 16 hour charter from Palmdale to Vegas

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    Depends on the bus.

Jim,
    It's probably an owner operator of a small business. He figures he'll go up to Vegas for a fun weekend and get paid $1600 at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    Good luck fitting 3-days worth of luggage and passengers into a stretch navigator.
    Bingo X 2!
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Insurance King View Post
    Probably some guy delivering a RV and picking them up along the way!
    HAHAHA! I picture Randy Quaid's character in the Lampoon Vacation movies!
    Rich Rottier

Quote Originally Posted by First Class Limos View Post
    Yea it depends on the vehicle too. It could be a 20 year old shuttle bus. But hey they got a good price!

I actually had a guy tell me today " I'm not looking for a nice limo, I want a really realLy cheap one, NOT a nice one".
    I love those calls - really, who says that!?!?
    Rich Rottier

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    Good luck fitting 3-days worth of luggage and passengers into a stretch navigator.
    EXCELLENT POINT!!!

That's not even $100 per hour for the drive time........ What a joke!!! Some people are idiots!!!

Kathy
    City Heat Limousine

It's probably an owner operator of a small business. He figures he'll go up to Vegas for a fun weekend and get paid $1600 at the same time.[/QUOTE]

This owner operator wouldn't do it for that.....besides the issues of DOT after the vehicle crosses into Nevada and I hope the Las Vegas guys catch him at the beginning of the strip if he's not legal and then see who wants a "cheap ride" home---I'd rather sit and shine mine in the garage than make $300 for a 3 day trip.

Kathy
    City Heat Limousine

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    Or it could just be a douchebag. I'm sorry. That was really uncalled for but that really irriates me. You know I gave you a very competitive rate CV because I wanted to make sure we both made money and even told you that you could mark it up and I didn't care. $1600 is not reality for a trip like that.

The trip must be done in one of two ways:

#1 - Vehicle makes two trips between the locations. For me, that is 20 hours of drive time.

#2 - Vehicle makes one trip, chauffeur stays in Vegas (I use Super 8 on Koval) and then returns them home three days later.

With option #1, each trip for me is 625 miles. That is about $350 in fuel and another $300 in payroll, taxes, workers comp etc. and does NOT include a gratuity. That means a total cash expense of $650.00 for each trip or $1300.00 for both. This leaves $300 on the table. That money will be spent on replacement tires, an oil change etc. so what is the point of doing the run.

With option #2, the whole cost of the trip would be the same $650.00 except I have another $180 in hotel expenses and about another $450 in payroll expenses and meal allowances and now I still end up making about $300 in profit that must be spent towards vehicle maintenance and replacement because I have put those miles on it.

Stupid, stupid people!
    Jim im 100% with on on this. Im doing everything I san to get inf on this company and talk them out of it. This has to be an illegal uninsured company and more than likely is the owner of the company like Geoff mentioned. The other thing is a Navigaotr would be hell for a trip like that for 20 people! I dont think it will be hard to talk them out of it but if they decide to go with this other company they will soon find out how bad a choice they made.

BTW I dont think you were out of line. Also im nto asking anyone to try and meet thaqt rediculous price. Everyone on here is to good for that nonsense and realizes that unless your just looking for an excuse to visit vegas the run is worthless at that price.

I just got another call from someone from LA looking for a party bus for 35 people pretty much the exact same trip and they were quote $1,950 roundtrip! What is going on over there in Cali?! Theres no way to compete with that crap! Even when I tell them once they get to vegas their limo will be impounded by the NTA. They say they will take the chance!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by cvclubs; January 26th, 2011 at 08:10 PM.