Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SEO question about my website

Question SEO question about my website

I have an SEO question for some of you knowledgeable guys(and gals). I've had my web page up and running for a while and I'm happy with it. But I think I need to update it and start educating myself in the ongoing future of it.

First off, my original website was www.limokings.net , but then I was advised to get another website with San Diego in it, so I got www.limo-sandiego.com

My main question is which site do I try and market. I'm guessing both. But which one is more important. I'm not even sure which one is linked(forwarded) to the other. I think the limokings is forwarded to the limo-sandiego, but I would appreciate some good advice as to how to go forward. So basically, do I tell people to go to the www.limokings.net or the www.limo-sandiego.com? Am I wasting money having both?

As far as my web page, there are a bunch of things I want to change. Updated pictures, and more content. But I could use your help. Thanks.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Also, I just got my Excursion limo back from the upholstery shop and it looks 90%+ brand new inside(smells new too). New carpets, new mats, new upholstery, new black carbon fiber looking material between windows and behind speakers and bars. I got rid of the old running step board(ugly huge thing) and put on some custom bars and steps. New, bigger TV's are coming, but I'm really happy with it so far.

So my new question is(hijacking my own thread). My vehicle is a 2001. but is it fair to say that it's a 2011 conversion, or would I have to say upgrade? How should I advertise it fairly and honestly without it sounding like an old piece of crap? For those of you with deep pockets and only new vehicles, don't answer that last question. Times are tough over here.

www.limokings.net

I would say "2011 custom interior" or something like that. When people ask about my vehicles age I tell them "the interior was redone 3 months ago" or whatever. I never lie to them though. Check your PM about the website.

I'd love to see your new interior and running boards. I may have to touch base with you on these upgrades as I'm looking to refresh my Excursion this winter. Looking to do the grille and headlights also.
    FAIRFAX LIMO - Northern Virginia and Washington DC Limo Service

Lincoln TC (Executive) - multiple
    Lincoln TC (Executive L) - multiple
    Lincoln TC 100" Stretch by US Coachworks
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by DaBryan
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by Krystal (2)
    Lincoln TC 120" Stretch by Executive
    Lincoln TC 72" Stretch by Krystal
    Ford Excursion 180" by Legendary
    Hummer H2 200" by Krystal
    Hummer H2 180" by Craftsmen
    K33 Limobus/Party Bus (F550) by Krystal

Fairfax Limo also offers Virginia Wine Tours

Brandon, thanks. Yeah, I want to be honest for sure. But I want to use the best wording to have them visualize exactly how nice it is.

Fairfax, I will definitely take some pic's soon and share.

Side note:
    Yesterday while detailing the limo, I found a double ended purple toy left over from a stripper(2) show for a bachelor party. I'm glad I took the extra time to vacuum under the seat. My wine tour group might not have found it as amusing as me.

www.limokings.net

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    Yesterday while detailing the limo, I found a double ended purple toy left over from a stripper(2) show for a bachelor party. I'm glad I took the extra time to vacuum under the seat. My wine tour group might not have found it as amusing as me.
    I hope you used rubber gloves!

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    I hope you used rubber gloves!
    I rushed to the bathroom to wash it and my hands. Then I swung it around like nunchucks scaring everyone at my friends office. They don't call it a toy for nothing. Lots of fun.

www.limokings.net

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    I would say "2011 custom interior" or something like that. When people ask about my vehicles age I tell them "the interior was redone 3 months ago" or whatever. I never lie to them though. Check your PM about the website.
    I agree except I wouldn't even put "2011 custom interior". Just post pics and when people ask, tell them what you have done to it and encourage them to visit the limo companies in person (by appointment only so you can assure the limo will be there for them) so they can see the difference with their own eyes. We have a 95% booking rate when they come in person. Flesh impression is everything!
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Hahahaha its not often you actually lol from a post hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    I rushed to the bathroom to wash it and my hands. Then I swung it around like nunchucks scaring everyone at my friends office. They don't call it a toy for nothing. Lots of fun.
    hahahaha ts not often you actualy lol from reading a post haha

So, back to your original question...

Offline, even online PPC, I would market the domain that is easiest to remember, online for SEO, I would push the domain that is better suited to attract the Search Engines. I do the same thing myself in another business. Only because the business came with a domain that is easy to remember but not best for SEO. I forward it to the one that is better suited for SEO.
    Jon Hook

Stars Luxury Limousine Services - North Bay, Ontario
    www.Book-A-Van.com
    www.NorthBayBlackCarService.ca
    www.WeddingLimousineNorthBay.ca

2000 White 120" stretch AHA
    2003 Black Lincoln Town Car
    2008 Black Lincoln Town Car
    2011 Mercedes Sprinter

Blog Entries

New is not always better, it's how well it's maintained that's what I believe, I have looked at 2 year old limos that look like they were 10 years old. I am not sure why people make such a huge deal about what the year your cars is, yet they will get in a 20 to 30 year old airplane and travel at 30,000 feet above the ground and travel across country without even giving it a thought. Keep them clean & keep them booked.
    Badger State Limousine Service
    "When nothing less than perfection will do"
    (414)-GO-GO-RED (414)-464-6733
    www. BADGERSTATELIMO.com

http://www.Badgerstatelimo.com
    http://www.MILWAUKEEWISCONSINLIMO.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Hook View Post
    So, back to your original question...

Offline, even online PPC, I would market the domain that is easiest to remember, online for SEO, I would push the domain that is better suited to attract the Search Engines. I do the same thing myself in another business. Only because the business came with a domain that is easy to remember but not best for SEO. I forward it to the one that is better suited for SEO.
    Jon, thanks. That was my thinking originally also. But I was also told(recently) that I might as well host both sites and have entirely different content on each. So instead of forwarding, just have 2 good web sites fighting to be high on Google.

And as far as the wording for the few clients that ask about what year my limo is. I will tell them it is a 2001 Excursion, but that I did a 2011 rear, interior conversion.

www.limokings.net

Oh, for sure there is no doubt that the more real estate you can have, the better. I probably have 6 complete websites set up for my limo biz (there are a couple in my sig). But I only use one in all my marketing material, business cards, etc. The rest are promoted online for SEO purposes. Yes, they have different content, but they all show services as provided by the main site.

What I am saying is set up one site as your main site, show all your services, your fleet, etc. I would still use www.limokings.net as your main site in all your marketing, have it redirect to the sandiego one for online SEO and then set up other minisites that are focussed on a theme. Use a domain for each site strictly for SEO. So set up one for wedding services, one for corporate cars, one for Airport, etc.
    Jon Hook

Stars Luxury Limousine Services - North Bay, Ontario
    www.Book-A-Van.com
    www.NorthBayBlackCarService.ca
    www.WeddingLimousineNorthBay.ca

2000 White 120" stretch AHA
    2003 Black Lincoln Town Car
    2008 Black Lincoln Town Car
    2011 Mercedes Sprinter

Yours is a common problem when you drive an orphaned vehicle no longer produced (Excursion, Hummer, etc.). It quickly becomes apparent that, no matter how many of them there may have been, they aren't made anymore, and they aren't magically getting newer. You can try calling them "late model" but that usually only works for three to five years. Sooner or later they are all old.

So, as far as the vehicle, it is what it is... a 2001. Just regard the updates or improvements as another feature in your cars. You might indicate "completely new interior for 2011", or "new paint 2010", which is completely honest and not likely to illicit challenges. Because that is what it is. A reasonable person woudl presume you are keeping the amenities and creature comforts up to date, current and fresh. Not unlike a forty year-old resort that completely remodels it's rooms and advertises it.

You don't even need mention the year of the vehicle unless someone asks specifically the year of the vehicle.
    Karl Jones