Thread: Looking for a TCP or PSC License for Transfer and Purchase?

Default Looking for a TCP or PSC License for Transfer and Purchase?

I figured this is the best place to look for someone who wants to sell or transfer a California TCP or PSC license? Do they even exist? Is there anyone out there trying to get sell theirs and how much can I expect to pay? Would it be easier to just apply for a new one?

Default Money talks!

I'm guessing it's probably easier to just apply for your own and pay the $500 fee, but what's your budget like(what city?)?
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Transfering fee is 300, new application is 500. Better to just start fresh, will still have to meet most all of the same requirements.

Faq Here: http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/PUC/transport...Qs/psgfaqs.htm

However TCP permits (type P, S, and Z) are not transferable so depending on what vehicles you want to start out with will make the diffrence.

Mr. Karl Wrote this a few years ago as a good order to follow:

The basic order of things:

Fictitious Name Statement (simple)
    Business Banking account (simple)
    Car (?)
    Insurance ($1.5M minimum)
    Workmen's Comp (if you will have employees)
    DMV Pull Notice Program (simple)
    CHP Motor Carrier registration (very simple)
    Drug Program (a little drawn out)
    PUC Filing (worth the wait?)

A few items could be swapped around, but the PUC filing will absolutely be last, so far as getting licensed. For many, a $500 filing fee is a substantial hit especially when it's NON-REFUNDABLE. So to avoid any snags, setbacks, delays (or rejection) make sure the little ducks are all lined up precisely.

After PUC grants your operating authority, then you get any local licenses or permits required or desired.

Understand that the PUC grants two types of authority. The Charter Party Certificate of Transportation (aka TCP - literally Transportation,Charter Party) that provides transportation service on a pre-arranged basis to a chartered party, and the Passenger Stage Corporation (PSC) that covers transportation that takes place over regular routes and schedules and is available to the general public as individuals.

You can call the PUC License Section at 415-703-2063 and ask for an application package, they'll mail it out to you.
    Last edited by Steve W.; January 22nd, 2011 at 02:44 AM.

Thanks, Steve... but remember we're in a New Year now and the new fees are in effect: $1,000 (Class A Certs are still $1,500).
    Karl Jones

Thanks for the replys...the $500 fee isn't too bad I have that, but whats this about Higher fees in the New Year? Im more worried about how long I will have to wait to be get my TCP cert? I am trying to do a limousine and Taxi service so I'm assuming I will have to go for both certs?

Yes Karl is correct the Fee is now $1000.00 they just have not updated thier FAQ yet. I Would assume the transfer fee doubled as well to $600. Not sure though.

Should take you from 1-3 months to get going depending on how fast you can get all the other requirements completed before submitting your application.

As to the Taxi Side, that industry is not regulated by the PUC. I believe citeies regulate thier own taxi businesses that operate in thier cities. I think they take most of thier regulations from the LA Dept of Transportation: http://www.ladot.lacity.org/