Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SEO Learning

Default SEO Learning

So I decided time to expand my talents to more in depth SEO/SEM, and here is a decent book where what I already know from the SEO department where I worked jives really well with what the book teaches. So I chose to use it to learn more of the things I didn't yet know:

http://www.amazon.com/Search-Engine-.../dp/0470379731

Don't be put off by the "for Dummies" title, it isn't an insult, but basically saying it is explained for those that know just about nothing on the topics.

I'm not sure if there is an e-book (pdf) version of this book or not, amazon lists a Kindle version. I have access to it through books24x7.com. While the book is almost 2 years old, and with search engines things are constantly changing, I feel this book gives you a good base to start off with.

I started a new domain last week specific to target a localized keyword phrase. I was going to take my time building up the site and targeting things, not just my main keyword phrase, but other more generic popular ones one the main one started gaining ground. Surprise to me, with nothing more that a basic "coming soon" page listing what type of material and services will be available, in a week I've hit #5 on google, jumping over a couple local sites that are also using that keyword. The only way google knew about it was that I added google analytics to it, it's not linked (nor was it ever registered) before.

Just getting decent copy working with good site structure (via SEO eyes) in place did me way better than I thought it would this soon. (these were things I knew before starting to read the book, but it also teaches).

I'll update this thread as I hit my milestones I'm trying to reach and list what worked well.

-Greg
    Last edited by Greg K; January 20th, 2011 at 12:18 AM.

I think you can start with simple tutorial on the internet it describe so many things even the new techniques .

I've had sites indexed without installing google analytics. I'm thinking that google will index something just if someone with the google toolbar views the site.

I learned all the SEO from visiting tutorials, blogs, articles and most from forums. No books here. Best thing to do is a SEO networking group near you. You will pickup a lot of tricks.

In ref to google finding my site, that could be, I imagine it is always looking through all its methods (analytics, toolbars, links in gmail) for a domain it doesn't know about LOL.

Yes, there are a lot of tutorials online, the one thing to watch for is how old it is. (hint, if you are searching with google, look on the left column to limit the search results to the past year). I was just giving a reference to one I had found that I liked and went with what all I had already knew.

I welcome people posting links to tutorials online that have worked for them. We could make this thread a reference of them.

-Greg

yes it would be very effective if you learn from tutorial there are everything about SEO and many more !

Banned
    9626 E Arkansas place Denver Colorado 80247

The best ones that worked for me are from youtube videos on seo

Denver shuttle
    Denver airport transportation
    Denver taxi

Ahhhhhh,
    SEO..my old favorite subject. The domain name itself, and they way you have your directory structure setup works wonders (In my opinion). After a few months you can build up some links too. I never have posted any articles, but I might try it once I ever write something lol. I'm also experimenting with linkbait sites to see if those help at all. We'll see :-)

www.whiteslimo.com

Banned

Default Seo for limousine and transportation

FOR SOME REASON ,I FIND ARTICLES FROM EZINE AND THE WAY THEY LET YOU POST YOUR LINKING WORKS...AND VERY WELL
    YOU SHOULD TRY IT

DENVER AIRPORT SHUTTLE
    DENVER TAXI
    DENVER AIRPORT CAR SERVICE

Well there are more than 200 factors in seo try to implement some basic ones ..

Definitely the best way to boost your rankings in any search engine would be writing quality and unique content and get the best links you can get from respectful websites. Simple as that but requires lost of time unfortunately. If you think that you can be number 1-3 on a first page of google within 3 months you're wrong. Lots of things needs to be considered.

Make sure you don't spend big bucks on so-called SEO companies who developed "unique way" or "unique algorithm" that will boost your rankings. There's no such thing. Google has the only unique algorithm that everybody else follow.

Good luck.

Chicago SEO Marketing & TARCHALA IBS

Blog Entries

The dirty little secrets of search
    J. C. Penney managed to crack the code that Google uses to rank Web sites. It's not alone, and it's not the only company working very hard every day to do so.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41564143...s/from/toolbar

JC penny didn't do anything but do risky spam. Any one of us could easily do the same thing, but we will get our sites banned. If there wasn't so much media around it and if it wasn't jcpenny they would have been blacklisted without a second thought.

Banned

Default paid backlinking

The question i have is about the paid high pr links....is that good or bad for seo

Denver airport limousine

Denver airport taxi
    Last edited by karim101; February 15th, 2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: paid backlinking

Quote Originally Posted by karim101 View Post
    The question i have is about the paid high pr links....is that good or bad for seo

Denver airport limousine

Denver airport taxi
    If you read the JC Penny story that LimoJess linked to, it will explain that it works very well, but is considered "black hat" tactics by Google(and they will punish you).
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net